Xbox live disconnects whenever I start a game

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RyanIsTheOcean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RyanIsTheOcean
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

My connections only just started doing this. I start up my xbox and i am connected straight to xbox live no problems but when i start a game up it disconnects me. Then when i go back to my dashboard and it automatically re-connects me to xbox live and an xbox live party (if i was in one).

It takes a few goes to get on a game succesfully but what's causing it?

Cheers

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
My guess is a strict nat or firewall.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
the game probably needs updating
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
the game probably needs updatingchaoscougar1
Every single time? Unlikely, even for the buggiest game ever.
Sole_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Sole_
Member since 2010 • 59 Posts
I'm experiencing this when I try to start Blur, the multiplayer beta that's out. It was working fine last night and when I just tried to play, it disconnected from XBL when it started. Any fixes?
tacomaracer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 tacomaracer
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
it has to do with your router bro. when i first got my xbox 360 i started having that problem too. i could stay online forever but as soon as i started to play online it would disconnect me and make me resign in and than it would be fine. but it was annoying having to do that every time. recently i changed my router setting to nat 3 strict. and bam no more disconnecting as soon as i hop online. such a luxury now that i don't have to resign in before every online match
Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts

This happened to me recently when I tried starting up Just Cause 2. I would connect to XBL instantly, then start the game and get disconnected once I got to the main menu. Upon returning to the dashboard, I would sign back in immediately. After 6-7 times starting the game, I finally stayed connected. I messaged one of my friends who also has the game and they said they had problems like that as well. Weird... but everything is fine for me now.

RyanIsTheOcean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RyanIsTheOcean
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

It's okay everyone, I've found a solution. If Bittorrent, Limewire or any of those P2P apps it eats your connection up. You get lag, you can't get into games quickly, apparently noone is online on MW2. It ain't pretty. As soon as you close it it all clears up and it's all good. Make sure its closed on all computers that are connected to your router. ;D

Hope that helps

Avatar image for jonh_silva_9822
jonh_silva_9822

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By jonh_silva_9822
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

i dont think this is a profile issue or connection issue my brand new gta 5 wont load it disconnects before the game spins but sometimes it will load today its froze and hasn't loaded since just disconnects never loads or spins a little and says disk read error

so i put my old Apache air assault in the xbox and it loaded perfect

i have no clue but i doubt it has anything to do with your profile or connection

vl4d_l3nin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#10 vl4d_l3nin
Member since 2013 • 3702 Posts
@jonh_silva_9822 said:

i dont think this is a profile issue or connection issue my brand new gta 5 wont load it disconnects before the game spins but sometimes it will load today its froze and hasn't loaded since just disconnects never loads or spins a little and says disk read error

so i put my old Apache air assault in the xbox and it loaded perfect

i have no clue but i doubt it has anything to do with your profile or connection

just a guess, but I'd think after 3 years, he's either solved the problem, or forgotten about it.