Xbox gold games horrible what u think

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

knockouts72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 knockouts72
Member since 2007 • 324 Posts
First I want to say I have booth systems an play booth about the same but I really liked when Xbox said that they were going to I've out two games a month free for gold users but they keep giving out garbage an this month rainbow six n I think magic come on Xbox th bet thing they gave out was dead rising two after that garbage what u guys think of gold games so far
XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 XxAK47xX
Member since 2005 • 5003 Posts

thats nice.

gamerfreak1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 gamerfreak1991
Member since 2005 • 2501 Posts

I'm not really feeling the free games this month either but at least it's the month that GTA V comes out otherwise I'd really be angry.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#4 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
I haven't really felt any of the options so far - this month has been the first selection that I didn't already own, but Magic and Rainbow Six are pretty meh as far as I'm concerned. Oh well.
Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts

the selection has been pretty bad, not bad games, but most of these are games from like 07-08. that being said if you havent played these games yet great for them.

I will say i am pretty curious about magic.

could be worse. south africa is getting Shadow run

adders99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 adders99
Member since 2005 • 2623 Posts

I'm not really feeling the free games this month either but at least it's the month that GTA V comes out otherwise I'd really be angry.

gamerfreak1991

How can you be angry when they are giving away games for free... They may not be the best and, yeah it would have been awesome to get better games for free, but they are still FREE!

Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Stinger78
Member since 2003 • 5846 Posts

If you don't like the free games, you are not obligated to download them. I wish you better luck next month.

Edit:  I, for one, am thankful they are offering free games at all, because I was already getting value from my gold account.  The bonus for me is I haven't owned any of the games they've offered since June.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
Which Rainbow 6? R6V2? If that's the case, I'd call it a win. So far, Fable 3 was the only game on Games with Gold that really grabbed my attention. Otherwise, the rest have been pretty ho hum, but like the others have said: free games are free. I do hope Shadow Complex comes out- I've still never shelled out the dough for it.
Avatar image for HilbillyRokstar
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HilbillyRokstar
Member since 2007 • 3236 Posts

Not as horrible as your butchering of the English language!

Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Stinger78
Which Rainbow 6? R6V2? If that's the case, I'd call it a win. So far, Fable 3 was the only game on Games with Gold that really grabbed my attention. Otherwise, the rest have been pretty ho hum, but like the others have said: free games are free. I do hope Shadow Complex comes out- I've still never shelled out the dough for it.El_Zo1212o
It's going to be the first "Vegas" rather than Vegas 2.
BIGtex42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BIGtex42
Member since 2013 • 60 Posts

Just an all around poor effort.  I understand you can't bitch if its free but still what do they want from us?  They hiked the price $10 a few years ago inexplicably, i have to have the stupid membership to utilize services that are otherwise free or that i already pay for (netflix, youtube) and PSN is free downloading WAY better titles than magic. i mean seriously... magic the card game.  This type of stuff makes me almost regret pre ordering X1, the games are the only reason i havent jumped ship yet because their services are terrible.

BIGtex42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BIGtex42
Member since 2013 • 60 Posts

08-31-2013

Which Rainbow 6? R6V2? If that's the case, I'd call it a win. So far, Fable 3 was the only game on Games with Gold that really grabbed my attention. Otherwise, the rest have been pretty ho hum, but like the others have said: free games are free. I do hope Shadow Complex comes out- I've still never shelled out the dough for it.El_Zo1212o

I'd agree they've had some titles of note (dead rising 2, AC2, and that's it), but they're mostly games that i wouldn't have ever paid $60 for, so it is nice to try those free.  Like Fable III and in retrospect I'm really glad i didn't waste $60 because it was not very good lol.  Offering a 5 year old arcade tower defense game is a little bit ridiculous when the competition is offering awesome AAA games that are only a couple years old tops like BF3.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#13 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

First I want to say I have booth systems an play booth about the same but I really liked when Xbox said that they were going to I've out two games a month free for gold users but they keep giving out garbage an this month rainbow six n I think magic come on Xbox th bet thing they gave out was dead rising two after that garbage what u guys think of gold games so far knockouts72

I own both systems as well, but I think that MS deal is better because you actually own the games even if you don't renew your premium membership.Alot of people are saying that most of those games that MS are offering are old but for someone like me thier perfect.

Gaming isn't my life so I didn't get a chance to play those tittles, so the offerings are cool by me.:)

knockouts72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 knockouts72
Actually it's not free you pay 60 for the year cause if you don't have gold you will get nothing an yes it's free but if you look at what playstation plus gives out you will be a happy camper an having free dont mean its good if you give me something old atleast give out something decent not the games they been giving out
knockouts72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 knockouts72
Another example I never played assassin creed before playstation plus has assassin creed 3 just an example of what I'm trying to say it can be old but who plays crackdown an other garbage I'm just asking for something better that's all
Stinger78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Stinger78
At the very least, if I understand right, if you cancel your Xbox Live gold account, you still own the games, whereas if you cancel your PSN+ account, you no longer have access to the games. I have not experienced either one, and I don't have PSN+, but at the very least, in that way, you have them 'free' if you can still have them 'offline'.
El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 El_Zo1212o

08-31-2013[QUOTE="El_Zo1212o"]Which Rainbow 6? R6V2? If that's the case, I'd call it a win. So far, Fable 3 was the only game on Games with Gold that really grabbed my attention. Otherwise, the rest have been pretty ho hum, but like the others have said: free games are free. I do hope Shadow Complex comes out- I've still never shelled out the dough for it.BIGtex42

I'd agree they've had some titles of note (dead rising 2, AC2, and that's it), but they're mostly games that i wouldn't have ever paid $60 for, so it is nice to try those free.  Like Fable III and in retrospect I'm really glad i didn't waste $60 because it was not very good lol.  Offering a 5 year old arcade tower defense game is a little bit ridiculous when the competition is offering awesome AAA games that are only a couple years old tops like BF3.

There's no complete estimation for how much I loathe tower defense games. I downloaded it anway though. It's such a shame they offered AC2- I mean, yeah, it's amazing as f*ck and anyone who hadn't played it yet got the most brilliant gem in the entire franchise for free, but not only had I had the game for years by the time it was released, but I'd bought it digitally anyway. So I got LITERALLY nothing out of that one, and I would have appreciated much more the boon to the playerbase had they released Brotherhood instead(I believe AC:B was the most brilliant MP experience of the entire generation, even against Revelations and AC3). Fable 3 I thought was really good though- the combat wasn't revolutionary or anything, but it sure was satisfying sending dudes flying like Sauron of the Second Age with my warhammer. And the story turned out to be more interesting than I expected- what with the whole 'badguy being bad for the greater good' aspect. I played it twice(the game cheated me out of my happy ending the first time around), messed with co op for a few days, then hung it up for good. Still, I'm glad I got it. As far as the PS+ comparison, regardless of the newness of the titles on offer, I still prefer the fact that, old and (in some cases) unremarkable as they are, I own them. I don't have any added pressure to renew because X-number of games in my library will vanish if I'm not in a position to re-up for another year. And if it's really R6V instead of R6V2, I'm really disappointed- I've bought and sold my copy of Vegas 2 maybe 3 or 4 times, but I still have my data(including my face on my character), and I won't be able to use any of it.
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#18 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

At the very least, if I understand right, if you cancel your Xbox Live gold account, you still own the games, whereas if you cancel your PSN+ account, you no longer have access to the games. I have not experienced either one, and I don't have PSN+, but at the very least, in that way, you have them 'free' if you can still have them 'offline'.Stinger78

You are correct my friend on both statements!!:)

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

I have played 2 or three of the released games, and I do believe they are giving good stuff. Did you all really expected to get games from this/last year?

XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 XxAK47xX
Member since 2005 • 5003 Posts
[QUOTE="Stinger78"]At the very least, if I understand right, if you cancel your Xbox Live gold account, you still own the games, whereas if you cancel your PSN+ account, you no longer have access to the games. I have not experienced either one, and I don't have PSN+, but at the very least, in that way, you have them 'free' if you can still have them 'offline'.

ye the games will still be attached to you silver account and you can still play them.
Avatar image for JannetGamerGril
JannetGamerGril

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 JannetGamerGril
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I stopped paying for gold when BF died (BF3 aka cod wanna be), and those games aint worth it either
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
First I want to say I have booth systems an play booth about the same but I really liked when Xbox said that they were going to I've out two games a month free for gold users but they keep giving out garbage an this month rainbow six n I think magic come on Xbox th bet thing they gave out was dead rising two after that garbage what u guys think of gold games so far knockouts72
I think Microsoft put up this policy and are upholding it to the bare minimum by shoveling out crap games or games that cost next-to-nothing so they could simply say they offer the same policy as Sony.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

I don´t care if they are free or not. It pisses me of that MS can be so out of touch with us. And being that they are on better financial situation than Sony I can´t find any explanation to why don´t they make a little effort to give players something better. I mean, they don´t have to be as desperate as Sony, but it wouldn't hurt to offer more value for gold. And in a time where many xbox users are still  undecided on their next gen console it worries me and makes me wonder if this lack of vision will continue on the X1. 

phbz

\

They're too busy using that money to throw illustrious staff parties, pay their employees more, and create more money-generating schemes.

I work for a company that does caterings for Microsoft. They are as decadent as they come. They have money pouring out of every orifice and couldn't care less about anything other than how to make even more money.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#26 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
I think it's a joke what MS is offering Live customers
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 HilbillyRokstar
I think it's a joke what MS is offering Live customersThe_Last_Ride
Why...it looks to me like they are giving more than $60 worth of games a year. What's the problem with that? The service was already worth the price over PSNs inferior service and now it's an even greater value! I have a feeling unless they gave you several $40-60 a yr games people like you would always say crap like that!
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 The_Last_Ride
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]I think it's a joke what MS is offering Live customersHilbillyRokstar
Why...it looks to me like they are giving more than $60 worth of games a year. What's the problem with that? The service was already worth the price over PSNs inferior service and now it's an even greater value! I have a feeling unless they gave you several $40-60 a yr games people like you would always say crap like that!

Not if you can get the games for 5 bucks or less. PS+ is way better, you get discounts and exclusive stuff on the PSN. They also give way better games on it.
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 HilbillyRokstar

[QUOTE="HilbillyRokstar"][QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"]I think it's a joke what MS is offering Live customersThe_Last_Ride

Not if you can get the games for 5 bucks or less. PS+ is way better, you get discounts and exclusive stuff on the PSN. They also give way better games on it.

2x5x12=$120 = You need to go back to grade school Sony fanboy! They have to do SOMETHING...because now they are charging $50/yr for an online service that sucks hind tit and only lets you play it's games while you pay for it's underwhelming online multiplayer service. I get to keep the $60-120 worth of XBL games FOREVER! 

HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 HilbillyRokstar
I can say those things because my GT has an active paid membership for both services...what about you Last Ride?
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#32 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
The free games are terrible.
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 HilbillyRokstar
The free games are terrible. Rattlesnake_8
Not as terrible as the online play on PS3! And the games are OURS..not like the glorified rentals you get on PS+!
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#34 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
[QUOTE="Rattlesnake_8"]The free games are terrible. HilbillyRokstar
Not as terrible as the online play on PS3! And the games are OURS..not like the glorified rentals you get on PS+!

This isn't about the PS3, this is about the xbox live games.. it's fine your a fanboy, but don't change the topic. I have PS3 too and the online play is perfectly fine. The free games are AMAZING. MS is giving older games away that you can buy for a couple bucks. Most people have already played them and the free games aren't a huge deal on xbox.
Dmorris88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Dmorris88
Member since 2012 • 28 Posts

[QUOTE="gamerfreak1991"]

adders99

How can you be angry when they are giving away games for free... They may not be the best and, yeah it would have been awesome to get better games for free, but they are still FREE!

How Can I be angry?

Playstation users are getting FREE RELEVANT games. Great games that are new. What do we get? a year old magic the gathering game(its like microsoft is giving us madden 13) and a 7 year old rainbow six game. Give me Gears of war 3 , far cry 3 or MW3 not this walmart bargain bin games. They've just infuriated me to the point that I've made my decision in buying a ps4 after I get bored of GTAV

HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 HilbillyRokstar
I hve come to the conclusion that some people will never be happy or appreciate anything anyone gives them...FOR FREE!!!
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 HilbillyRokstar

I hve come to the conclusion that some people will never be happy or appreciate anything anyone gives them...FOR FREE!!!

[QUOTE="adders99"]

[QUOTE="gamerfreak1991"]

Dmorris88

How Can I be angry?

Playstation users are getting FREE RELEVANT games. Great games that are new. What do we get? a year old magic the gathering game(its like microsoft is giving us madden 13) and a 7 year old rainbow six game. Give me Gears of war 3 , far cry 3 or MW3 not this walmart bargain bin games. They've just infuriated me to the point that I've made my decision in buying a ps4 after I get bored of GTAV

No...Sony is LEASING you SIX MONTH or older games as a ploy to undercut Microsoft. Don't believe me? Cancel your paid subscription and try to play YOUR games!

HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 HilbillyRokstar

[QUOTE="adders99"]

[QUOTE="gamerfreak1991"]

Dmorris88

How Can I be angry?

Bully for you...have fun with your leased Sony games!
knockouts72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 knockouts72
Why do people keep saying free we all know its free but if you going to give something out an try to beat or atleast equal your competitor then you can give out better games ps p,us is just an example on what they give you is better than what Xbox gives I've been paying for Xbox gold for years an I love that they tryin to give out stuff but true gamers will tell u that what they giving out Aintworth the d load
thomsonwm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 thomsonwm
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
I have been using free games but some time it was very typical to download.
FastEddie2121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FastEddie2121
Member since 2009 • 3081 Posts
The one I had most fun with was the arcade tower defense game. AC2 and H3 are two titles that a high majority of gamers would have already in their collection.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 The_Last_Ride

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"][QUOTE="HilbillyRokstar"]Why...it looks to me like they are giving more than $60 worth of games a year. What's the problem with that? The service was already worth the price over PSNs inferior service and now it's an even greater value! I have a feeling unless they gave you several $40-60 a yr games people like you would always say crap like that!HilbillyRokstar

2x5x12=$120 = You need to go back to grade school Sony fanboy! They have to do SOMETHING...because now they are charging $50/yr for an online service that sucks hind tit and only lets you play it's games while you pay for it's underwhelming online multiplayer service. I get to keep the $60-120 worth of XBL games FOREVER! 

i am not a Sony fanboy dude... I have had a 360 for 5 years now and ps3 for one year. I have loved my 360. But saying Live is a better service when it comes to free games i stupid. You can't even use any online features such as netflix without paying for them. Just look at what we get from Live this month. Live: Ranbow Six and Magic PS+: Assassin's Creed 3, Jak and Daxter trilogy, Stealth Inc: A clone in the dark for Vita and Ps3, Urban Trial Freestyle for Vita and New Little Kings Story. Please tell me how this is worse...
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

Oh rats, I hate the FREE games I'm getting. Time to create a post that is booth a run on sentence and grammatically incorrect.

HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 HilbillyRokstar
[QUOTE="HilbillyRokstar"]

[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"] Not if you can get the games for 5 bucks or less. PS+ is way better, you get discounts and exclusive stuff on the PSN. They also give way better games on it. The_Last_Ride

i am not a Sony fanboy dude... I have had a 360 for 5 years now and ps3 for one year. I have loved my 360. But saying Live is a better service when it comes to free games i stupid. You can't even use any online features such as netflix without paying for them. Just look at what we get from Live this month. Live: Ranbow Six and Magic PS+: Assassin's Creed 3, Jak and Daxter trilogy, Stealth Inc: A clone in the dark for Vita and Ps3, Urban Trial Freestyle for Vita and New Little Kings Story. Please tell me how this is worse...

Stop bitching cause it's FREE and you own it!
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 HilbillyRokstar

Oh rats, I hate the FREE games I'm getting. Time to create a post that is booth a run on sentence and grammatically incorrect.

firefox59
Yeah...I stopped reading his posts after the first one.
The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 The_Last_Ride
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"][QUOTE="HilbillyRokstar"]2x5x12=$120 = You need to go back to grade school Sony fanboy! They have to do SOMETHING...because now they are charging $50/yr for an online service that sucks hind tit and only lets you play it's games while you pay for it's underwhelming online multiplayer service. I get to keep the $60-120 worth of XBL games FOREVER! HilbillyRokstar

I am having issues with the games they have, not that it's free. I am just having an opinion on what i think are not good enough games dude...
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 HilbillyRokstar
[QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"][QUOTE="HilbillyRokstar"][QUOTE="The_Last_Ride"] i am not a Sony fanboy dude... I have had a 360 for 5 years now and ps3 for one year. I have loved my 360. But saying Live is a better service when it comes to free games i stupid. You can't even use any online features such as netflix without paying for them. Just look at what we get from Live this month. Live: Ranbow Six and Magic PS+: Assassin's Creed 3, Jak and Daxter trilogy, Stealth Inc: A clone in the dark for Vita and Ps3, Urban Trial Freestyle for Vita and New Little Kings Story. Please tell me how this is worse...

I am having issues with the games they have, not that it's free. I am just having an opinion on what i think are not good enough games dude...

My bad...maybe I should have said "whining"...
HilbillyRokstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 HilbillyRokstar

I'm going to break this down for the short bus people. Why do you not understand that we are now getting more in free games than we pay in dues. Stop comparing Xbox Live games to PS+ games. This is exactly like comparing a lease car to a car you buy outright. In other words...it's not an even comparison. Whining about it is completely pointless. The best equation would be to compare you to the kids in school that would whine because they wanted a different car than the ones their parents spoiled them with. Don't like that comparison? Stop whining!

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 El_Zo1212o
I'm going to break this down for the short bus people. Why do you not understand that we are now getting more in free games than we pay in dues. Stop comparing Xbox Live games to PS+ games. This is exactly like comparing a lease car to a car you buy outright. In other words...it's not an even comparison. Whining about it is stupid and pointless. HilbillyRokstar
... says the guy riding the short bus. The program is only guaranteed to run until the end of the year. It's like comparing a free rental on a new car to receiving '97 Kia for free.