oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

If you are on the fence about Gamepass this is a pretty good deal. $29.99 for a 6-month sub.

Can be combined with the $1 one month Sub currently on the Xbox store and if you click auto renew when you activiate the code it gives you an extra free month.

thats an 8 month sub for $31. Not bad. Forza Horizon 4, Gears 5, Crackdown 3 for basically $3.80 a month.

edit: Just found out that the codes stack so you can actually buy say two and get a year or more for half price! Not bad.

edit2: US region locked codes

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#2  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

cool stuff, great value! Also, might as well mention this here, Microsoft Store is having sales on Microsoft Rewards prizes you can redeem(in Canada anyways), 20% off the yearly XBL fee....it pays for itself basically if you have enough MS rewards points accumulated...they have Gamepass in there too you can redeem from points as well

keroro23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#3 keroro23
Member since 2018 • 4 Posts

so fun

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Nice and all but I like to own my games, and reward developers with my money for creating a great game.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts
@i_p_daily said:

Nice and all but I like to own my games, and reward developers with my money for creating a great game.

I never would have tried Rocket League if it wasn't for Gamepass. Me and 3 friends have been playing it since it was released on Gamepass and have all decided to buy it when it leaves Gamepass. That is money the developer never would have seen if not for being on Gamepass and I doubt we're the only ones. Pretty sure the developers are getting money for allowing their games on gamepass as well ( I make this statement with no actual knowledge of the contract process between gamepass and partcipating developers).

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@heathen75 said:
@i_p_daily said:

I never would have tried Rocket League if it wasn't for Gamepass. Me and 3 friends have been playing it since it was released on Gamepass and have all decided to buy it when it leaves Gamepass. That is money the developer never would have seen if not for being on Gamepass and I doubt we're the only ones. Pretty sure the developers are getting money for allowing their games on gamepass as well ( I make this statement with no actual knowledge of the contract process between gamepass and partcipating developers).

Sure they would be getting money, but I like to reward a dev for putting out an awesome game upon release. I have nothing against Gamepass. It doesn't suit me anyway as I work waaaaaaaaaay too much and by the time I would get to play these games they probably would have been switched out for something else anyway.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#7 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

@i_p_daily: theres nothing from stopping you from buying games on gamepass. for me gamepass is more about playing games that I wouldnt buy normally or games that I would play through once and never play again that arent worth full price. You also get a discount on the price if you have a gamepass sub and gamepass is gameshare compatible so you dont have to buy games twice if you share with another person.

This is massively beneficial for me since basically I buy all my sisters' kids games.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22369 Posts

@i_p_daily said:
@heathen75 said:
@i_p_daily said:

Sure they would be getting money, but I like to reward a dev for putting out an awesome game upon release. I have nothing against Gamepass. It doesn't suit me anyway as I work waaaaaaaaaay too much and by the time I would get to play these games they probably would have been switched out for something else anyway.

For me, Game Pass is a no-brainer mate... because every year I buy Forza (Motorsport and Horizon) digitally on the Xbox Store, and that price alone is almost the cost of a yearly GP subscription. So I get access to Forza anyway, plus all the additional Xbox exclusives (we'll get Crackdown, Ori, Gears 5 next year etc). And they'll get more $$ out of me anyway because I'm sure I'll buy the Season Pass etc for a lot of those games.

Works out awesome for me.