Xbox Division could be sold

This topic is locked from further discussion.

drodriguesaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 drodriguesaar
Member since 2012 • 173 Posts

So, I read [rumors] in another article, that the new Microsoft CEO could sell Microsoft non critical divisions, and it includes the Xbox division. So the company can focus on some important strategies like Office Apps. So if this happens, this could put an end on the microsoft console XBONE? What do you guys think about it?

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

The Xbox brand will continue even if Microsoft does sell the division. But the console will live on. The Xbox one just won't have the Microsoft prefix if the Division is sold off. It will take 18 months for MS new CEO to sell the Xbox brand. If Sega, SNK, NEC, Atari could band together and buy Xbox brand. Sumsung could do it. Even EA could buy it.

But Xbox will live on.

XxAK47xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By XxAK47xX
Member since 2005 • 5003 Posts

if feel like that would be a dumb move. when i think microsoft 3 things come to mind: Windows, Office, and Xbox. but what do i know. its not a big deal the XBOX ONE is not going anywhere.

RobNyack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By RobNyack
Member since 2003 • 336 Posts

@drodriguesaar: This is a ridiculous rumor. NOT going to happen. MS has poured billions into the Xbox over the years and it's only within the last few years that they finally have started turning a profit. That's number 1. Number 2, the XBox One is going to make money right from the get go. Each console sold from day 1 will make them money. First time in gaming console history this is going to happen. So again, why would you sell now when you've finally turned the corner financially with the Xbox. Number 3....MS has wanted into the living room and controlling our entertainment in the living room since the first xbox. With the Xbox One, their vision is finally about to come true. So, why sell now???

jetjetjaguar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 jetjetjaguar
Member since 2011 • 192 Posts

I also hear rumors about Sony's commitment to PlayStation as well. My honest opinion as a both console gamer that follows the business side of things is that both companies are "in" with this next gen until it plays out. That will give us all a nice run of value with either (or both) consoles.

Nintendo_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6  Edited By Nintendo_Man
Member since 2003 • 19733 Posts

It is likely to happen. It will mean another company will be running the Xbox brand instead of MS but it will continue to be around in the near future.

cjn1243

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 cjn1243
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

There is no way EA will buy Xbox. They would have to stop producing games for the wii, and the playstaion. They wouldn't want to sell games to companies competing against them. If they bought it, they would probably lose money.

Woe2spread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 Woe2spread
Member since 2009 • 280 Posts

idk but the xbox one controller is 1999 archaic lol.

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#9 k2theswiss
Member since 2007 • 16599 Posts

he's not the new ceo... He's is someone who applying for the job

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@Woe2spread said:

idk but the xbox one controller is 1999 archaic lol.

Pure idiocy right there

The Xbox One controller is patterned off of tournament controllers

rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

@k2theswiss said:

he's not the new ceo... He's is someone who applying for the job

Yes this. And by saying he would like to get rid of Bing and Xbox i'm of the opinion that he has slimmed down his chances of getting the position. Even if so I think they are putting an intern CEO in for the next year and half or something like that, (I believe it's the current COO). Considering both Xbox brand and Bing are both going up it's a silly thing to do in my opinion. But then again Elop cut 40,000 jobs when he took over Nokia so......