Xbox Controller Alternatives?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ALBELtheWICKED (3316 posts) -

So I've got my new Xbox and I'm hating the controller. In particular I've concluded that the right analog stick is the weak point compared to my experience with the PS3 controller. The concave shape of the analogs is annoying that that little impression in the middle. Can anyone recommend a 3rd party controller or a different kind from Microsoft?

I'm already aware that there aren't any PS3-shaped ones aside from the occasional custom job, and I also know there's an adaptor on the market but I'm iffy about it.

#2 Posted by Agent_Kaliaver (4722 posts) -

I would have thought that angled position of the thumbsticks would have been what would have annoyed somebody coming from the PS3.

But anyway, because this is one of those questions so easily googled I will help you with this link.

#3 Posted by shawn7324 (8690 posts) -

Seriously? I also came from Playstation to the 360 & I immediately favored the Xbox 360 controller.

#4 Posted by ALBELtheWICKED (3316 posts) -

I looked at crap on Amazon before I made a board about it. What I'm looking for is opinions of people who bought different controllers. People who didn't like the Xbox controller. Seeing if I could get a recommendation.

#6 Posted by shawn7324 (8690 posts) -

I looked at crap on Amazon before I made a board about it. What I'm looking for is opinions of people who bought different controllers. People who didn't like the Xbox controller. Seeing if I could get a recommendation.

ALBELtheWICKED
As for analogs, I use Kontrol Freek extenders with some sort of gel tabz on top of them. Let me find you a link.
#7 Posted by shawn7324 (8690 posts) -

http://www.amazon.com/FPS-Freek-Prestige-XBox360-PlayStation3/dp/B0049NNBD2/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1305619663&sr=8-2

http://www.amazon.com/Tabz-Universal-Silicon-Grip-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B002H5U48Y/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1305619750&sr=1-1

#8 Posted by airshocker (31700 posts) -

The Razer Onza is the best controller out for the 360. Finding one is the hard part.

#9 Posted by javafriek (751 posts) -
Give it time, you're just used to the feel of the ps3. The 360 controller is a superior controller.
#10 Posted by shawn7324 (8690 posts) -
Give it time, you're just used to the feel of the ps3. The 360 controller is a superior controller. javafriek
I was used to Playstation controllers as well but instantly the 360 controller felt better in my hands. I have pretty much always used gel tabz though with it.
#11 Posted by Matthew-first (3317 posts) -

Xbox 360 controller is best thing ever created in game industry... I won't help you there..
Btw. my 2nd console was PS3 so I had to get used to the controller too.. but its not that bad. :)
I like both overall .

#12 Posted by grenadedodger (36 posts) -

The Razer Onza is the best controller out for the 360. Finding one is the hard part.

airshocker
Very much a matter of opinion. Read as many people saying they can't stand it as I have people saying they love it. Personally haven't had a go though can't say anything from personal experience. To OP, it took me a while to get used to the Xbox controller after the PS3 one as well, after a few months using it though I do think it is more comfortable for a long session. You may as well try those gel tabs someone posted a link for above, they're only $5.