Xbox 360 worst hardware console of all time?

#1 Edited by demon-returns (1447 posts) -

I have a love/ hate relationship with this system but ultimately I have to admit that hardware wise this has got to be one of the most poorly constructed console of all time. My 360 isn't reading discs and I even bought one of those DVD disc cleaner but since it can't even read discs in the first place that disc cleaner is essentially just paper weight at this point.

In comparison I have an original Xbox system I bought day 1 LAUNCH DAY that still works fine without any issues or problems. With the 360 I've lost 2 consoles due to red rings and this is the 3rd I've now lost due to not reading discs.

Laughably I had a chat with my sister yesterday because she bought a new 360 console a few weeks ago and out of curiosity I asked her why and she said......................... her xbox 360 isn't reading discs and I revealed to her mine as well.

I mean Microsoft should be forever ashamed of themselves building a fine a console but doing it dirty with poor design. Trying to call xbox customer service felt like playing one of those old adventure games like Mist or Riven, had this dumb automated lady on the phone.

And while it's not relatively super expensive to buy a used 360 that's still an additional $60 (what gamestop is currently charging) that I have to pay that I shouldn't be. With a console like this that is known to have a high failure rate I don't know that I can feel comfortable buying from just a regular person on ebay or amazon (although I guess they do offer returns and stuff) *BIG SIGH*

Rant........Ended

#2 Posted by osan0 (15442 posts) -

it was poorly built and tested.

on paper it was a really well designed and thought out console. the CPU and GPU design, the unified memory setup, the overall architecture was great.

but they pinched pennies wherever they could on the BOM and construction. especially with the first model.

#3 Posted by xhawk27 (11310 posts) -

lets pretend Sony consoles don't fail either.

#4 Posted by demon-returns (1447 posts) -

@xhawk27: crazy to think that it's 2019 and fanboy's panties can still get bunched up when someone is having a complaint about a personal matter just because your console of preference is being talked about negatively.

Did you give me money to buy my 360? No? well I can complain about it all I want without having to mention the anything about Sony

#5 Posted by HEATHEN75 (730 posts) -

I still have 3 working 360's in my house. Haven't had a problem with any of mine since 2008 or so.

#6 Posted by Shantmaster_K (1469 posts) -

It definitely had a rough start, but I feel like the later waves were fine.