Xbox 360 slim wireless question!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sjaisie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 sjaisie
Member since 2006 • 134 Posts

I have just replaced my sons Elite with a new xbox 360 slim with the built in wireless N adaptor. I have noticed that the built in wireless adaptor is not always detected in the dashboard. When I connect the removable wireless adaptor it connects to my network fine. I have not got a wireless N router.

My question is, does the built in wireless adaptor have a lower range than the detachable wireless G adaptor?

JuggaloRandall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 JuggaloRandall
Member since 2010 • 8213 Posts
Idk about the detachable wireless adapter, but my slim's wifi picks up my friend's wifi flawlessly. I don't have high speed at home so I take my box to my friend's house and play there. Absolutley no problems what so ever.
Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

I have just replaced my sons Elite with a new xbox 360 slim with the built in wireless N adaptor. I have noticed that the built in wireless adaptor is not always detected in the dashboard. When I connect the removable wireless adaptor it connects to my network fine. I have not got a wireless N router.

My question is, does the built in wireless adaptor have a lower range than the detachable wireless G adaptor?

sjaisie
It should have a much better range since range of N > G. It think you might have hardware problems.
sjaisie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 sjaisie
Member since 2006 • 134 Posts

I just took it back to the shop and they replaced it with a new one and it is working with no problems now.

Thanks