xbox 360 slim impressions?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29827 Posts

hey all,

i'm probably buying one in the next few weeks. what do you people who own one think of them? particularly in comparison to the old design. thanks!

IzzieWaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 IzzieWaru
Member since 2010 • 905 Posts

hey all,

i'm probably buying one in the next few weeks. what do you people who own one think of them? particularly in comparison to the old design. thanks!

clone01

Everyone who has one thinks they're dumb and wish they'd never bought one. That's why no one buys them anymore. Seriously.

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
It's solid. Run's very quiet; can't even hear a sound. The touch sensitive buttons are nifty and the console over all looks a lot more styIish than the original. Never had any heat problems. A few times I had the console running 12 + hours gaming, watching netflix and listening to music without a hiccup. Even in 90F + weather. Does this help? :)
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts

[QUOTE="clone01"]

hey all,

IzzieWaru

Everyone who has one thinks they're dumb and wish they'd never bought one. That's why no one buys them anymore. Seriously.

Speak for yourself. I'm enjoying mine unless this was a sarcastic post.
wiistation360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wiistation360
Member since 2006 • 4209 Posts

mine runs for 6-9hours a day when i play and it doesnt show any sign of breakdown

kungfuchaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 kungfuchaos
Member since 2004 • 5643 Posts

I love mine. The new shiney black casing is awesome. It is actually quite a bit smaller than the original 360. I will say that while it is much more quiet than the older 360's, there is still some noise when playing games unless you install the games then there is absolutely no noise whatsoever. So those who say there is not a sound when games are running are either lying to you or have their surround sound so cranked up it wouldn't be heard anyway. The touch sensitve buttons are a very nice touch as is the built in Digital optical input and built in WiFi. I still wish the power brick would have been encased inside somehow, but it to is smaller than the originals.

goki1012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 goki1012
Member since 2010 • 449 Posts

Great concept. Built in Wi-Fi. 250 GB (120 GB would also be enough). I hear a lot of people complaining about the noise. I think it's from the power supply. Why can't they include an HDMI cable?

Kaos39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Kaos39
Member since 2007 • 695 Posts
It's awesome, just bough the 250GB today. A lot sleeker looking, quite a bit smaller and a smaller brick which is nice. It's noticeably quieter which is great, and I've had better internet connection then before I believe. Just seems built a lot better, better location for fan won't heat up to badly. Only downside is it only comes with the basic tv cables, I need to buy my own HDMI cable.
giantqtipz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 giantqtipz
Member since 2010 • 884 Posts

worth the money IMO. but the glossy finish is a dust magnet

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

I love mine. The new shiney black casing is awesome. It is actually quite a bit smaller than the original 360. I will say that while it is much more quiet than the older 360's, there is still some noise when playing games unless you install the games then there is absolutely no noise whatsoever. So those who say there is not a sound when games are running are either lying to you or have their surround sound so cranked up it wouldn't be heard anyway. The touch sensitve buttons are a very nice touch as is the built in Digital optical input and built in WiFi. I still wish the power brick would have been encased inside somehow, but it to is smaller than the originals.

kungfuchaos

Do you sit right on top of your system when playing? I'm not trying to be a jerk, just asking. My system is completely quiet, but I do sit back about 5 feet from the system when it is running. Even when the game is spinning in the DVD drive and the TV is all the way down there is virtually no noise from my console. It's quieter than the Slim model of the other console I have. I can hear the Blu-ray drive spinning up on it, but I can't hear the drive on the 360S.

To the original TC my system runs probably 8-10 hours a day during the week, and 12-14 hours on the weekend. It's never even had a pause, so I would say that MS has built a sold console this time.

JuggaloRandall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JuggaloRandall
Member since 2010 • 8213 Posts
I want one, hope to be gettin one soon.
jad206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jad206
Member since 2009 • 1821 Posts

^He must have a bad one, I sit literally on top of my xbox(since it is next to my computer) and I hear NOTHING.

ChrisWestJr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ChrisWestJr
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="kungfuchaos"]

coasterguy65

Do you sit right on top of your system when playing? I'm not trying to be a jerk, just asking. My system is completely quiet, but I do sit back about 5 feet from the system when it is running. Even when the game is spinning in the DVD drive and the TV is all the way down there is virtually no noise from my console. It's quieter than the Slim model of the other console I have. I can hear the Blu-ray drive spinning up on it, but I can't hear the drive on the 360S.

To the original TC my system runs probably 8-10 hours a day during the week, and 12-14 hours on the weekend. It's never even had a pause, so I would say that MS has built a sold console this time.

Geeze, I wish I had that kind of time to be around my Xbox lol

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

[QUOTE="coasterguy65"]

[QUOTE="kungfuchaos"]

ChrisWestJr

Wish I did too. I have a daughter and she has quite a few friends who hang out and play. I get maybe 4 hours a day if I'm lucky :)

sizzlingdviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 sizzlingdviper
Member since 2004 • 1818 Posts

worth the money IMO. but the glossy finish is a dust magnet

giantqtipz

Yea-I was gonna go for the new 4GB Slim now out-Cos that's in Matt black rather than the shiny-cos i remember my old 60GB PS3 in piano black was a nightmare for dust and scratches.But anyhows,opted to buy old stylee Arcade,which i got brand new at less than half price of the new 4GB slim version.

Vault_Monkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 Vault_Monkey
Member since 2010 • 209 Posts

[QUOTE="coasterguy65"]

[QUOTE="kungfuchaos"]

ChrisWestJr

Agreed. I can usually manage a lot of gaming time on the weekends, but during the week I can not even get an hour in. That would be amazing if I could play that much, I envy you:x:cry: