Xbox 360 - Slight Static Noise on Dashboard / Occasionally during Gameplay

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TRheault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TRheault
Member since 2008 • 31 Posts
Hello all. I recently purchased a new Samsung 1080p led. When using the Xbox 360 (I have it set to 1080p mode with a Xbox 360 High Speed HDMI Cable) and shifting quickly between tabs on the Xbox 360 dashboard (Games, Setup, etc.), I sometimes hear a slight static noise that lasts only a split second. I typically do not hear it when playing games, although I do hear it when playing Far Cry 3 when I navigate to the map after pressing the Select/Back/Whatever button. The noise is not loud, but I want to know - is this normal? Does anyone else ever hear this? I purchased a new HDMI cable and it still does the noise. Thank you!
Mareczek99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 Mareczek99
Member since 2006 • 357 Posts

Hello all. I recently purchased a new Samsung 1080p led. When using the Xbox 360 (I have it set to 1080p mode with a Xbox 360 High Speed HDMI Cable) and shifting quickly between tabs on the Xbox 360 dashboard (Games, Setup, etc.), I sometimes hear a slight static noise that lasts only a split second. I typically do not hear it when playing games, although I do hear it when playing Far Cry 3 when I navigate to the map after pressing the Select/Back/Whatever button. The noise is not loud, but I want to know - is this normal? Does anyone else ever hear this? I purchased a new HDMI cable and it still does the noise. Thank you!TRheault

That happened to me a while ago with my PC plugged to a Toshiba LCD. It ocurred mostly when displaying bright colors. The problem went away when I swapped cables. Try checking Yours.

JodileGamers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 JodileGamers
Member since 2012 • 27 Posts

That has got to do with the TV cable, it's got to do with color contrast...