Xbox 360 questions....(I'm new to the world of console gaming)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

anarghya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 anarghya
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Hi everybody. I'm a pc gaming fan but I've decided to buy a Xbox 360 console. Since I'm new, I first have some questions -

1) Is the hard drive only for storing games? Can you access it from a computer?

2) Can you play DVDs/CDs on your console?

3) Can you store DVD movies onto your hard drive (if they are not copy protected)?

4) How many people can play at one console at a time?

5) Is the internet connection necessary to play games locally?

6) Are all xbox360 games albosutely sure to run on te console (what i'm saying is that can there be any compatibility problems like it almost always when you try to play something on a pc)?

7) How do you hook up the console to a computer? Does Microsoft include a cable?

8)(ignore the emoticon) How does games appear on a low end LCD tv? Are they better than games on pc monitors?

rockstar_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 rockstar_88
Member since 2005 • 1253 Posts

1) No, you can use it to store music, and anything you download of the Live Marketplace. No you can't put anything from your PC to the hard drive (unfortunately).

2) Yes. It's not the best DVD player ever because the controls are a bit of a pain, so if you've got the cash, I'd op out for a remote.

3) No.

4) Maximum of four, just like the number of controllers you can use for the console.

5) There is a system link option on most online games, so you don't have to if you don't want to.

6) All 360 games should run. The only problem is if you decide to play regular XBOX games, which not all those games are supported.

7) No, you can buy a VGA cable though, and most HDTVs have a VGA port you can use too. Personally I'd go with HDMI for the best picture quality.

8 ) They're about the same, I can't really tell you since it differs per model. I'm not a TV expert either, so someone else can probably answer that question for you.

Enjoy your new console, and make sure you go for the gold membership on XBOX Live. Otherwise you'd be missing the point of why this console is so great!

Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Squeets
Member since 2006 • 8185 Posts

Yeah if you could play your pc games at a decent resolution on your LCD and it is widescreen... you can buy a VGA kit that allows play on a monitor...

anarghya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 anarghya
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Thanks for the help. One extra question is that is the box durable?
JosemlopesBFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 JosemlopesBFly
Member since 2007 • 278 Posts

Yes, the xbox is durable if you take care of her, dont play too much in a row (keep the max to 6-7 hours) and keep her in an open space.

I have mine since Dezember 2006 and no problem yet.

msjr78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 msjr78
Member since 2005 • 4004 Posts

1) No, you can use it to store music, and anything you download of the Live Marketplace. No you can't put anything from your PC to the hard drive (unfortunately).

2) Yes. It's not the best DVD player ever because the controls are a bit of a pain, so if you've got the cash, I'd op out for a remote.

3) No.

4) Maximum of four, just like the number of controllers you can use for the console.

5) There is a system link option on most online games, so you don't have to if you don't want to.

6) All 360 games should run. The only problem is if you decide to play regular XBOX games, which not all those games are supported.

7) No, you can buy a VGA cable though, and most HDTVs have a VGA port you can use too. Personally I'd go with HDMI for the best picture quality.

8 ) They're about the same, I can't really tell you since it differs per model. I'm not a TV expert either, so someone else can probably answer that question for you.

Enjoy your new console, and make sure you go for the gold membership on XBOX Live. Otherwise you'd be missing the point of why this console is so great!

rockstar_88
Don't get confused with 6). There is no compatibility issue with Xbox 360 discs. You just pop them in and you're good to go.