Xbox 360 Owners please read...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Thuganomic05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 Thuganomic05
Member since 2004 • 3456 Posts
I'm looking to buy a 360 within a week or two.. But can't decided if I want an Elite, Premium, or core. So please tell me if you have a core is it as good as Premium?
gaara-pata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 gaara-pata
Member since 2006 • 1535 Posts
THE ELITE IS NOT OUT YET
ajax_on_fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 ajax_on_fire
Member since 2007 • 216 Posts
The elite isnt out yet so pretty much every one has premium, but if I were you id get elite when it comes out
Paultiscali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Paultiscali
Member since 2006 • 333 Posts

it depends what you want from a 360

i share with my brother but will be getting a 360 elite

Thuganomic05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Thuganomic05
What exactly lead you to think I said it was out already? I said premium and core, but I said I can't decide which I wanted to get Elite, Premium, or Core.. Thats all i said about Elite....
Paultiscali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Paultiscali
Member since 2006 • 333 Posts
you put elite in your poll
Avatar image for ClandestineZero
ClandestineZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ClandestineZero
Member since 2004 • 2477 Posts
you said you were going to get a 360 in a week or two, and the Elite wont hit shelves for four weeks.  I think that's why people are reminding you its not out yet.  I'd wait and get an elite.  If my friend nick proved anything with his Halo edition XB1, it's that there's nothing like a special console to rake in the respect points at a LAN party.
fathertroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 fathertroy
Member since 2006 • 1309 Posts
if you only want to play games on it then buy a premium If you want to watch video/listen to music then buy the elite (+cool black color)
xelloss88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xelloss88
Member since 2006 • 5187 Posts
Well if you can wait till the end of April then get the Elite, its got all the goods you need to make the Xbox 360 last you until the next one and its black. But otherwise get a premium because you can always upgrade to the 120 GB HDD later but don't get the core.
subrosian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 subrosian
Member since 2005 • 14232 Posts

I think the 120gb hard drive is overkill, but I haven't been able to really get a concrete answer from anyone on exactly what amount of hard drive space is going to be consumed by just downloading a few demos, demo videos, game saves, caching, et cetera.

I don't see myself buying a lot of market place content - maps for GeoW and Halo 3, but not for any other games, so I question whether I'd ever fill a 20gb.

But then, I want to download a few XBLA games, XNA gaming hasn't even begun yet, and who knows what they'll introduce in a year or two...

I don't know which way to go myself  - I will *never* download TV shows or movies that I have to pay for onto the 360 - nothing against digital distribution but I'd rather rip DVDs to my PC and stream them to any device I own than pay for episodes of a TV show, and then have them locked onto a box I might not be gaming on in four years. 

wazzup172

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 wazzup172
Member since 2007 • 88 Posts
Dont get the CORE.. Get the premium or wait for the Elite
freshfighter83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 freshfighter83
Member since 2006 • 503 Posts
The elite is good for demo's and downloadable content, but what most people seem to keep forgetting is that you can plug your xbox 360 into just about any kind of external memory/media device i.e Computer network, MediaCentre PCs, USB flash drives, USB HD.s, iPODs and even a PSP (you can only access media on the flash card, but Iv'e heard it works perfectly)  
talkingpie92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 talkingpie92
Member since 2006 • 502 Posts
I got a core with a hard drive and two controllers (wired) on ebay for about £130, which is really cheap for over here. So you can mix and match if you want and you may be able to get a better deal.
AudioSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#14 AudioSoldier
Member since 2004 • 4928 Posts

Well you should bear in mind that the 20 gig harddrive really only comes with 13 gigs free for use. The other 7 is consumed by some registry crap or whatnot. I've only filled up a couple of gigs; these include a couple of demos and various albums of music. Game saves also take up the tiniest of space -- I think --, but despite having a lot of space left, I can envisage needing that 120 harddrive in about a year's time. You might as well get the Elite. I would if I was in your position now, anyway. Of course, the Premium is still ace, though I wouldn't mind seeing what the black looks like in a real-life comparison.

AsSaSin11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 AsSaSin11
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
well it really depends on what your seeking for in a console, if you just want to play games, get core, if u you want to store demos,save games, want wireless capabilities, and download contents from marketplace then premium will be your choice but if your a media person and will store lot of stuff then elite is the way to go but for now premium is the best choice
FearlessSpirit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FearlessSpirit
Member since 2007 • 2015 Posts

Well, the Core is useless. It costs around 340 after memory unit, and then you still can't download any demo's, trailers and most of the content available. And you also can't play all games. Some take more then 64mb of space for a save file. So it's pretty useless saving 60 dollars and not being able to do anything.

Premium and Elite are the only real choices. If you don't have a 1080p HDTV, I would go with the Premium. Otherwise, Elite. 

talkingpie92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 talkingpie92
Member since 2006 • 502 Posts

Well, the Core is useless. It costs around 340 after memory unit, and then you still can't download any demo's, trailers and most of the content available. And you also can't play all games. Some take more then 64mb of space for a save file. So it's pretty useless saving 60 dollars and not being able to do anything.

Premium and Elite are the only real choices. If you don't have a 1080p HDTV, I would go with the Premium. Otherwise, Elite. 

FearlessSpirit

Yeah, but if you don't need all the bonuses that come with premium like headsets and stuff, then you can get a core and a hard drive and it will probably be cheaper.

Gregoroth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Gregoroth
Member since 2005 • 2552 Posts
The Core edition is aimed at gamers who don't want Xbox Live, so if you're thinking about the Core, then don't bother thinking about all the accessories or HDD. If you're thinking about the HDD etc. then you obviously aren't going to go for a Core.

Core - Bare gaming
Premium - Live
Elite - Live, Media, HDMI

Each has there respective target audience and I wouldn't say the Core is useless.
linegrinds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 linegrinds
Member since 2006 • 2139 Posts
in the future you'll find researching things like these really helps
Game_Lover70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Game_Lover70
Member since 2007 • 324 Posts
The Premium is best
Dante451

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Dante451
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
Thats funny because I'm in the same situation. Circuit City has the offer 18 months no interest anything $299.99 and up. So I'm gonna buy the premium today but they said that I can exchange in 30 days and get the elite and keep the 18 month plan to pay for it. It was either the Xbox360 or PS3 today...I think I made the right choice lol.
Avatar image for ClandestineZero
ClandestineZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ClandestineZero
Member since 2004 • 2477 Posts
[QUOTE="FearlessSpirit"]

talkingpie92

Yeah, but if you don't need all the bonuses that come with premium like headsets and stuff, then you can get a core and a hard drive and it will probably be cheaper.

No, going into a store and buying a core and a harddrive will cost exactly the same as the premium, just no headset / wireless controller.  Personally, even if you don't need the headset, you can sell it at EB or something.  Unless you get really lucky on Ebay like you did, for the average store-shopping joe, core = useless.
b11051973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 b11051973
Member since 2002 • 7621 Posts
How did 8 people vote for Elite? It doesn't come out for 4 weeks. Also, the core is the exact same system as the premium minus hard drive. So, for the most part, it is just as good. The hard drive is nice to have for many reasons though.
rockokla4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#24 rockokla4life
Member since 2004 • 513 Posts

I'd say if your deeply passionate about gaming go for the Elite since it has the HDMI, and 120 GB HD

Yet I have a premium system I play games quite often and I would reccomend the Premium unless your a Tech-Head

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts

I think the 120gb hard drive is overkill, but I haven't been able to really get a concrete answer from anyone on exactly what amount of hard drive space is going to be consumed by just downloading a few demos, demo videos, game saves, caching, et cetera.

I don't see myself buying a lot of market place content - maps for GeoW and Halo 3, but not for any other games, so I question whether I'd ever fill a 20gb.

But then, I want to download a few XBLA games, XNA gaming hasn't even begun yet, and who knows what they'll introduce in a year or two...

I don't know which way to go myself - I will *never* download TV shows or movies that I have to pay for onto the 360 - nothing against digital distribution but I'd rather rip DVDs to my PC and stream them to any device I own than pay for episodes of a TV show, and then have them locked onto a box I might not be gaming on in four years.

subrosian
The 20GB HDD is pissing me off at this point. It is hard for me to keep 2 gigs open. Not only do I have to get rid of all the new videos right after I watch them but I also have to get rid of demos I still want to play. TV Shows, all Oblivion content, all cod2 map packs, PD0 map packs, pgr3 cars, Gears maps,LoTr: BfME2 maps, tons of xbla games and so on take up most of the space. And when I went to download Superman in HD (7GB) I had to get rid of half my HDD!
blacktorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 blacktorn
Member since 2004 • 8299 Posts

lol@ people who voted for 'elite'.

I'd say wait for the elite 

ACESandElGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

#27 ACESandElGHTS
Member since 2006 • 764 Posts
Get the Elite.
mouldy133

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mouldy133
Member since 2005 • 254 Posts
I'm looking to buy a 360 within a week or two.. But can't decided if I want an Elite, Premium, or core. So please tell me if you have a core is it as good as Premium?Thuganomic05
cores not as gd as premium cos u cant do half the things that premium or elite can do like...store music,videos etc game demos and u can play LIVE
polsci1503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#29 polsci1503
Member since 2003 • 3246 Posts
I'd say get the elite model when it comes out, especially if you have a HDTV. I have the premium edition, but I'm not going to re-buy it just to get the HDMI port.
Thuganomic05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Thuganomic05
I will be getting premium.... I l ike the sleek look of Elite but I really don't need that much memory... Plus I don't have HDTV and I can always upgrade memory like you guys said... Premium it is.. Besides whats $80 to Microsoft?
Thuganomic05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Thuganomic05
I think I'm getting it tomorrow, as a housewarming gift from parents... Moving into garage, its bein remodeled.. Parents are foster parents and our house is 3 bed-2 bath so had to move to garage to make room for lets see... 1,2.. 6 foster kids. lol... But hey free xbox 360? Cool with me. I told my mom I would buy a game thought it wouldn't take as much waiting time, but room should be done tomorrow, so BAM