Xbox 360 in Canada

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nbalive4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 nbalive4life
Member since 2006 • 306 Posts
Hi everyone, just wondering if a broken xbox 360 (red rings of death) is sent to MS, do they ship back a refurbished console or a brand new console to canada? Thank you :):)
Avatar image for Fenrir_DarkWolf
Fenrir_DarkWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Fenrir_DarkWolf
Member since 2007 • 525 Posts
I think it's new...
unholymight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 unholymight
Member since 2007 • 3378 Posts
To Canada? You mean even Canadian Xboxes can break?!?!?!
Avatar image for Love_Hina_Lover
Love_Hina_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Love_Hina_Lover
Member since 2002 • 4381 Posts
In canada they ship you a new one, im waiting for my 5th to arrive
canadiankidd91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 canadiankidd91
Member since 2007 • 680 Posts
You call them they send you a box through purolator and then your send your 360 in the box they sent you through puralator and it takes only 5 days (for me) to get the box and send it and get it back. They give you a replacement console.
nbalive4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nbalive4life
Member since 2006 • 306 Posts

You call them they send you a box through purolator and then your send your 360 in the box they sent you through puralator and it takes only 5 days (for me) to get the box and send it and get it back. They give you a replacement console. canadiankidd91

Is the replacement console Mircosoft sends a refurbished console, or brand new console??

Avatar image for Fenrir_DarkWolf
Fenrir_DarkWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Fenrir_DarkWolf
Member since 2007 • 525 Posts

To Canada? You mean even Canadian Xboxes can break?!?!?!unholymight

Yeah, I know. It's like -30 here, but our Xboxes still break... WTF!!!

Avatar image for JannettyTRocker
JannettyTRocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 JannettyTRocker
Member since 2006 • 1160 Posts

[QUOTE="canadiankidd91"]You call them they send you a box through purolator and then your send your 360 in the box they sent you through puralator and it takes only 5 days (for me) to get the box and send it and get it back. They give you a replacement console. nbalive4life

Is the replacement console Mircosoft sends a refurbished console, or brand new console??

Microsoft sends back a refurbished Xbox 360, at least that's what I got. :(

Avatar image for xxxxrefusedxxxx
xxxxrefusedxxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xxxxrefusedxxxx
Member since 2005 • 356 Posts
The two that I have gotten replaced were both refurbs that were older than my original console. Both of them were from 2006.
loseindream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 loseindream
Member since 2003 • 240 Posts

You call them they send you a box through purolator and then your send your 360 in the box they sent you through puralator and it takes only 5 days (for me) to get the box and send it and get it back. They give you a replacement console. canadiankidd91

only 5 days? where do you live? I live in NB and does anyone know how long it takes for me?

thanks

loseindream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 loseindream
a little help? Candadian gamers
fattony75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 fattony75
Member since 2004 • 443 Posts
Dude, I just got a RRoD and I have package tracking (and live in Canada), as of right now my 360 is 46 min away(mapquest) at CELESTICA 844 DON MILLS RD M3C1V7. Celestica is some sort of electronics fier/manufacturer, NOT Microsoft... so there's your answer, I guess microsoft just hired these dudes to take ccare of the probelms up north.... :) I want my 360 back :(
ObjectiveTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 ObjectiveTruth
Member since 2006 • 321 Posts

I'm fairly certain its a refurbished one.

The market here is not big enogh to warrant them repairing each one. And on the flip side you'll get it back within a week. A budy of mine got his back frm RROD in 4 days! (he lives in toronto )

philips420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 philips420
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
yeah it's refurbished they sent me a console from 11/05 after mine got the rrod. it's worked good for more than a year though.
loseindream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 loseindream

I'm fairly certain its a refurbished one.

The market here is not big enogh to warrant them repairing each one. And on the flip side you'll get it back within a week. A budy of mine got his back frm RROD in 4 days! (he lives in toronto )

ObjectiveTruth

4 days? it's been 4 days for me and I haven't even got the box they send me. so anyone who's not live in Toronto can give me a time?

strayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 strayzilla
Member since 2004 • 560 Posts

I live in Nova Scotia and am on my 4th 360. I've got a coffin in 4 days, and had a new console 4 business days after that. On all of them. Usually around 10 day turnaround time.

2 of my replacements were new, 1 was a refurb. Obviously refurbed because the case was scratched.

loseindream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 loseindream

Nova Scotia? I'm closer than you so 10 days is really not bad. if it only takes about 10 days for me, then I'll be pround to live in Canada.

thanks strayzilla

fattony75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 fattony75
Member since 2004 • 443 Posts
Sorry about my previous post, i misunderstood the question before... i got a referb back my first time that chewed up my games, so i got them to take it back. I'm still waiting for a new one to come in the mail, ill post what it is when it arrives... I did put a message in the coffin asking for a new none referbished console however so... we'll see if that helps me.
Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts

Yeah I just spoke with Xbox literally 5 minutes ago and they said Canadian owners have their systems replaced and not repaired, so you will not receive your original console. So for some people that may mean getting an older system, but for me (a launch system owner) it will likely be a newer machine.

I guess I understand why they are doing it and it will hopefully result in a quicker turnaround.
loseindream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 loseindream

that's what they told me too, but a lot of people have their replaced console break soon after they get them. so now what I'm thinking is go to EB and buy a new one with in-store warranty then trade in the one MS send me back, so if it breaks again(which I believe it will happen sooner or later), I can just go back to EB and get another right away, not more waiting.

so what you guys think about this?

Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts

that's what they told me too, but a lot of people have their replaced console break soon after they get them. so now what I'm thinking is go to EB and buy a new one with in-store warranty then trade in the one MS send me back, so if it breaks again(which I believe it will happen sooner or later), I can just go back to EB and get another right away, not more waiting.

so what you guys think about this?

loseindream

It will cost you more in the end, but it ensures a new console and less hassle if it ever breaks.

loseindream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 loseindream
I know, I did a little math and it will cost $300 more but the thing is I'm pretty sure it will break again, I heard so many people saying they're on their 4th,5th console. that's why I'm considering it.
gameboi_92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 gameboi_92
Member since 2007 • 4613 Posts

Dude, I just got a RRoD and I have package tracking (and live in Canada), as of right now my 360 is 46 min away(mapquest) at CELESTICA 844 DON MILLS RD M3C1V7. Celestica is some sort of electronics fier/manufacturer, NOT Microsoft... so there's your answer, I guess microsoft just hired these dudes to take ccare of the probelms up north.... :) I want my 360 back :(fattony75

T DOT REPRISENT!

strayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 strayzilla
Well they track serial numbers so I don't know if that would work. Also, I thought EB stopped selling warrenties for 360s because it has to be sent to MS
loseindream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 loseindream
so are you saying I can't trade in replaced console??
strayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 strayzilla
Some Hotspot podcast was talking about how EB was just taking new ones out of the box and shipping all the broken ones back to MS, and because of it MS wouldn't accpt them any more that way. You never know, but supposedly, they make you send it back to MS. I know other stores like BestBuy, FutureShop and all other stores had to refund teh money for extended warrenties because they could no longer replace consoles.
loseindream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 loseindream

thanks

ok, so you're saying if I buy a new console at EB and it breaks, EB may not just give me a new one?

strayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 strayzilla
You'd have to call and find out. They used to but I don't think they do that now.
loseindream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 loseindream
I called them and they told me they can just give me a refurbished one,not a new one, also it's only for once, so if it breaks again, they won't replace it for the second time
gameproman9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 gameproman9000
Member since 2005 • 120 Posts
they giver refubs
loseindream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 loseindream

yeah, and the worst part is they'll only do it once. that changes everything, it's not really worth doing this any more.

I guess I just have to wait now

tbolt_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 tbolt_88
Member since 2003 • 1873 Posts
I dont know about there in Canada but the Best Buys around here offer a 2 year warrenty with the 360 when you buy it so that if it dies they will replace it with a brand new one..and then they will offer you another warrenty on the replacement one as well.
silverelias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 silverelias
Member since 2006 • 717 Posts

a little help? Candadian gamersloseindream

I live in winnipeg and this summer my friends box RRoD'd and he sent it in mid june got it back late august

loseindream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 loseindream

I dont know about there in Canada but the Best Buys around here offer a 2 year warrenty with the 360 when you buy it so that if it dies they will replace it with a brand new one..and then they will offer you another warrenty on the replacement one as well. tbolt_88

well, futureshop in Canada offers the same but they said they'll try to fix it and if it unfixible then they'll replace. in other words, there's up to 30 days waiting time, so it may take no time or 60 days. thoes warrenty sounds good but if you ask details, then you'll find out it's not as good as it sounds

satec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 satec
Member since 2003 • 140 Posts
A lot of it depends on if you live near a major city. The fact that New Brunswick is "closer" may be irrelevant if you live in the middle of nowhere as opposed to a Nova Scotian who lives in Halifax. Sometimes the refurbished 360s dontlast long, but sometimes they are very good, especially if the 360 was fixed for a different issue like the DVD drive.
loseindream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 loseindream

A lot of it depends on if you live near a major city. The fact that New Brunswick is "closer" may be irrelevant if you live in the middle of nowhere as opposed to a Nova Scotian who lives in Halifax. Sometimes the refurbished 360s dontlast long, but sometimes they are very good, especially if the 360 was fixed for a different issue like the DVD drive.satec

good point. but there's no big cities in NB at all. anyway, I just bought another one so I'm back onliine. screw you MS. you'll pay for this.

jusane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jusane
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Dude, I just got a RRoD and I have package tracking (and live in Canada), as of right now my 360 is 46 min away(mapquest) at CELESTICA 844 DON MILLS RD M3C1V7. Celestica is some sort of electronics fier/manufacturer, NOT Microsoft... so there's your answer, I guess microsoft just hired these dudes to take ccare of the probelms up north.... :) I want my 360 back :(fattony75

hey how long did it take for you to get it back the first time? are you still waiting for your second one?

mine is currently sitting there as well :P its been over a week now.

also ive found out that Celestica is actually one of the manufacturers of the 360 along with 2 other companies (forgot their names) but i believe i read its all done in taiwan or was it china. i live almost exactly the same amount of time away from the place as you lol. i always wondered what celestica was whenever i passed by..

PiNwOrM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38 PiNwOrM
Member since 2005 • 2030 Posts

I live in Ottawa, it took 6 days to get mine back from when I made the call for the box.

I'm 99% sure it was refurbished.

undertaker1971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 undertaker1971
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
i had my xbox 360 sent out to 844 don mills road in toronto -4 times and always returned back to me not repaired due to that my system has no power, can someone help.
undertaker1971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 undertaker1971
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
not new refurb-consoles.