This topic is locked from further discussion.

Richsark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Richsark
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Hi everyone im new to this site and I don't know much about the workings of my xbox 360, my problem is I purchase a used 250g hdd fron the net because I only have a 20ghdd, I also got a data transfer cable and pc disk, my xbox would not reconise the hdd only as a pen drive. I stupidly clicked format so now it sees it as a 31g pen drive. how can I restor it back to its correct state.

Kind regards Richard

c_smithii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 c_smithii
Member since 2003 • 1505 Posts

@richsark: I take it that what you bought was not one of the official Xbox 360 hard disk drives. You're going to need to try to reformat that drive from your PC. But I'm not sure if you will have much success as the 360's drive have a special format that sees them as a hard drive and not a removal storage.

With the official Xbox drive, what should have happened when you attached it your 360 using the transfer cable is that it should have prompted for you to transfer date to or from your current hard drive.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

If you don´t purchase an official Xbox HDD you need to purchase a compatible HDD or make the HDD you purchased a compatible version by a technician otherwise the HDD won´t be recognized by the console and won´t transfer more than 32 GBs.

Richsark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Richsark

@c_smithii: hi thanks for your reply, as far as I know it is a genuine Xbox hdd, have you any advise how to format it from my pc.

Regards richard

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Excuse me but I doubt it´s an original/compatible, original Xbox HDDs and compatible ones ( already formatted to FAT32 and with the necessary progamming ) are immediately recognized by the console when you plug it via the transfer cable or insert them in the HDD bay , I know it because I changed mine I purchased a compatible 500 GB version and transfered all the data from the 120 GB my console had with the help of the transfer cable.

Richsark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Richsark

@raugutcon: hi have you any idea how I can re format it so my Xbox will reconise it, Ithank for your reply