Xbox 360 gamertag/profile question?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Crazycody_2k1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Crazycody_2k1
Member since 2006 • 72 Posts

I'm a new owner of a xbox 360 still getting the hang of everything my question is i had an offline profile due to the fact of me not having internet just yet. Well i went over to a friends house and he ended up gettin on my profile with xbox live and making a god awful name and i hate it and well its seeming to be stuck with me. I'm not paying to get it changed is there any other way of maybe not having the xbox live name and going back to my xbox offline profile simply titled as Cody? or am i screwed and might as well start all over.....any advice or help is greatly appreciated. Alsow hats the difference of deleting just profile and sdeleting profile and items ?

dudedizzle27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 dudedizzle27
Member since 2007 • 66 Posts
its risky but the only known way is to message and tell every1 to file complaint your gamertag for it being a offensive name then xbox will force you to change your name FREE OF CHARGE!! :D
KrYp7iC_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KrYp7iC_X
Member since 2007 • 154 Posts

That is retarded, not to mention he can't tell them or receive complaints, hes not an online member.

Your account isn't an online account, you can simpley recover your old account and use it. Have you tried making your name over? Trust me, the name Cody has been taken a long time ago, so if you were able to take it, it wasn't an online account. All you have to do is recover the account, or create a new profile.

dudedizzle27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 dudedizzle27
Member since 2007 • 66 Posts

That is retarded, not to mention he can't tell them or receive complaints, hes not an online member.

Your account isn't an online account, you can simpley recover your old account and use it. Have you tried making your name over? Trust me, the name Cody has been taken a long time ago, so if you were able to take it, it wasn't an online account. All you have to do is recover the account, or create a new profile.

KrYp7iC_X

lolz he clearly stated XBOX LIVE ACCOUNT, if it wasn't an online account, why does he care what the name is? Does it lower his self-esteem?

Crazycody_2k1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Crazycody_2k1
i made a simple offline profile when i first got it just Cody i know dull and plain lol and i was okay with that but my friend made a complete different weird name on my name for xbox live which it changed my offline name to what he made it as. I'm just trying or at least hoping to change it or make it the way i first had it b4 my friend did xbox live
KrYp7iC_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KrYp7iC_X
[QUOTE="KrYp7iC_X"]

dudedizzle27

lolz he clearly stated XBOX LIVE ACCOUNT, if it wasn't an online account, why does he care what the name is? Does it lower his self-esteem?

He clearly said is there any way to go back to his offline account, by the name of Cody. So I'm going to assume that he's talking about an offline account.

KrYp7iC_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 KrYp7iC_X

i made a simple offline profile when i first got it just Cody i know dull and plain lol and i was okay with that but my friend made a complete different weird name on my name for xbox live which it changed my offline name to what he made it as. I'm just trying or at least hoping to change it or make it the way i first had it b4 my friend did xbox liveCrazycody_2k1

Ok, here's the thing. From what you're saying I think you made a profile, not a gamertag. Thus explaining why the name "Cody" was available, as we all know is definitely taken on xbox live.

All your friend did was log out of your account, make a new one and put a different name. You can delete both accounts, and make a new one by the name of "Cody". If you had a gamerscore and you want to keep it, well you'll probably have to recover your profile, but I'm not sure if you can with offline accounts. Give it a try.

Crazycody_2k1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Crazycody_2k1
ok thanks for your help kryp i appreciate it
Avatar image for ICollegeStudent
ICollegeStudent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ICollegeStudent
Member since 2007 • 655 Posts
sign out of that profile and sign in as cody. when he made the liove account he must have put it as auto sign in which show why you think cody is gone.
Avatar image for ICollegeStudent
ICollegeStudent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ICollegeStudent
Member since 2007 • 655 Posts

[QUOTE="Crazycody_2k1"]i made a simple offline profile when i first got it just Cody i know dull and plain lol and i was okay with that but my friend made a complete different weird name on my name for xbox live which it changed my offline name to what he made it as. I'm just trying or at least hoping to change it or make it the way i first had it b4 my friend did xbox liveKrYp7iC_X

Ok, here's the thing. From what you're saying I think you made a profile, not a gamertag. Thus explaining why the name "Cody" was available, as we all know is definitely taken on xbox live.

All your friend did was log out of your account, make a new one and put a different name. You can delete both accounts, and make a new one by the name of "Cody". If you had a gamerscore and you want to keep it, well you'll probably have to recover your profile, but I'm not sure if you can with offline accounts. Give it a try.

i dont think his friend deleted his offline cody account just made an online account all he has to do is sign out of the online account and sign in while all the profiles show the names go to cody
dandyrandy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dandyrandy88
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
aaahhh i don't think thats what happend and i don't think you guys understand. the same thing happened to me i've had an xbox for daaaaayyysss and me and my friend we're getting another free trial so we made a new xbox live profile. but something weird happened and it turned my regular "randy" profile into an xbox live profle with a horrible name (ballsinyoface) so my ballsinyoface profile has alll the data that my randy profile had, but the email is changed (windows live id) and my gamertag is gay. but i cant change it back without paying money. how the hell did it get changed in the first place??