Xbox 360 Elite vs Premium

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ianpwilliams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 ianpwilliams
Member since 2004 • 1476 Posts

I'm in the UK, and I have an Xbox 360 Elite 120GB console, which has done me proud for many years, no problems at all. Now I'm planning on picking up a preowned Xbox 360 (with a decent hard drive i.e. bigger than 20GB) for my brother, and at first I assumed that another Elite would be the way to go. But whereas the Elite is £90 preowned, the preowned Xbox 360 Premium 60GB appears to be £72, and even £55 on one website, although that one is out of stock, but hopefully it may not be out of stock in-store.

I've read online that the Elite and the Premium are pretty much the same apart from the hard drive size and the colour (and 120GB has always been way more than I've needed, so I'm guessing that 60GB would be enough for my brother). So are they literally the only differences? Are the pretty much the same noise-wise (which may be irrelevent now that you can install games anyway)? Is there any difference in RROD likeliness?

shadow_Metroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#2 shadow_Metroid
Member since 2005 • 1632 Posts

Yeah, the only difference pretty much is the color and hard drive, but with go with that when you can get a slim or the newer ones? Yeah, they may be a little more pricey , but I've had my slim since they came out and haven't had one problem.

ianpwilliams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 ianpwilliams
Member since 2004 • 1476 Posts

Compromised in the end and went for another Elite. They seem very reliable to me.

I-AM-N00B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 I-AM-N00B
Member since 2012 • 470 Posts

Yes the elite is far more reliable alomst everyone I know who has/has had a premium has experienced the RROD!

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#5 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I might buy an Elite.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points