Xbox 360 Elite faq

This topic is locked from further discussion.

freeasia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 freeasia
Member since 2005 • 123 Posts

What's up amigos?

I am currently debating about purchasing an Xbox 360 Elite. My current setup is an Xbox 360 Pro with a 120GB HDD. One of the main concerns that many users had when the Elite came out was going from a Pro to an Elite. The solution that Microsoft came up with was a separate 120GB for Pro buyers to purchase with a transfer cable. With this solution, Pro users won't have to be signed on xbox live to play downloadable content they bought for games. My question, is that can I transfer my game saves and DLC from my current 120GB to the Elite's 120GB and have the same scenario I had with the Pro.

Thanks for your time,

Aaron

harblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 harblock
Member since 2008 • 109 Posts
well if i understand your question and im not sure i do but anyway i waould just swap out the hard drives, or use a transfer cable, sorry if this doenst help
acehardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 acehardy
Member since 2004 • 65 Posts
No you can transfer contet from 120 gig to another 120 gig I have tried. Same with transfering 20 gig to 20 gig. If you have a 120 gig drive just but a Pro system with HDMI if that is why your buying an Elite.
Beaglesniffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 Beaglesniffer
Member since 2006 • 707 Posts

to be fair whats the point in wasting money to get an elite? you already have the hard drive you would just be spending money on the colour and the HDMI cable!

freeasia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 freeasia
Member since 2005 • 123 Posts
lol fair question man. I am currently in the process of building a room dedicated to gaming in my household. And I wanted the elite to be my personal xbox, and use my Pro model for a spare 360 for friends who come over to play some LAN, halo 3 and whatnot. I wanted to invest in an Elite, and 2 more Pros to have a total of 4 360s in my house.
ronnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 ronnet
Member since 2003 • 9637 Posts

lol fair question man. I am currently in the process of building a room dedicated to gaming in my household. And I wanted the elite to be my personal xbox, and use my Pro model for a spare 360 for friends who come over to play some LAN, halo 3 and whatnot. I wanted to invest in an Elite, and 2 more Pros to have a total of 4 360s in my house.freeasia

Keep the Pro as your main console since the reason why the DLC stil works offline is that its connected to that specific console, and not the Hardrive. I kept my 20gb console when my Pro got PROD, I got a free Core system from my local store where I had a (illegal) waranty. The content didnt work and I had to rebuy everything since I didnt go through official xbox channals

So only if your Pro breaks down and you send it back then theyll refund you by giving you a temporaily gamertag that you can download the content on and link it to your new console.

Thomasdeleo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Thomasdeleo
Member since 2006 • 1984 Posts
I'M GOING TO SPAM THIS SO GAMESPOT WILL DELETE MY ACCOUNT. So I got moderated for making a joke thread about Wii Fit. I love my Wii, I'm not a troll.... but Gamespot seems to think they can run some sort of communist site. You can do this, you can do this, BUT YOU CAN'T DO THAT!!! Geez, IGN is sooo much more lax than this lame site. It would be all cool if I could just delete my account, as I find Gamespot to be the worthless redheaded stepchild to the bigger and better reviewers.... but low and behold! It wont let me delete my account. Gamespot, I hate you, and I do not want to be a member of your site any longer. For you to deny me the ability to delete my account is beyond lame. In addition to Gamespot's moderation communism, they also never seem to get their reviews out on time, and their staff is a bunch of pretentious journalists who weren't quite good enough to get jobs with the better companies out there. To you Gamespot, I say Screw You! This will be moderated too, I know it. I REALLY wish they would delete my account, but they'll "dock me points" like I'm in Kindergarten or something.PLEASSSSE GAMESPOT, DELETE MY ACCOUNT; I HATE YOUR WEBSITE. Thanks. -Sean DOn't forget to report me guys, thanks! ^^OtterX
I hear ya about the stupid moderations, I once got moderated for posting the word umm.
Avatar image for fallendamnation
fallendamnation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 fallendamnation
Member since 2004 • 5981 Posts
[QUOTE="OtterX"]I'M GOING TO SPAM THIS SO GAMESPOT WILL DELETE MY ACCOUNT. So I got moderated for making a joke thread about Wii Fit. I love my Wii, I'm not a troll.... but Gamespot seems to think they can run some sort of communist site. You can do this, you can do this, BUT YOU CAN'T DO THAT!!! Geez, IGN is sooo much more lax than this lame site. It would be all cool if I could just delete my account, as I find Gamespot to be the worthless redheaded stepchild to the bigger and better reviewers.... but low and behold! It wont let me delete my account. Gamespot, I hate you, and I do not want to be a member of your site any longer. For you to deny me the ability to delete my account is beyond lame. In addition to Gamespot's moderation communism, they also never seem to get their reviews out on time, and their staff is a bunch of pretentious journalists who weren't quite good enough to get jobs with the better companies out there. To you Gamespot, I say Screw You! This will be moderated too, I know it. I REALLY wish they would delete my account, but they'll "dock me points" like I'm in Kindergarten or something.PLEASSSSE GAMESPOT, DELETE MY ACCOUNT; I HATE YOUR WEBSITE. Thanks. -Sean DOn't forget to report me guys, thanks! ^^Thomasdeleo
I hear ya about the stupid moderations, I once got moderated for posting the word umm.

i got suspended by Greg K for not agreeing with his review. He took me for a lunatic i hate him.
jknight5422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jknight5422
Member since 2003 • 1992 Posts

Yes, you can transfer from one drive to the next, even to the Elite. If it fails, you can call Mr. Softy Xbox Support & they will let you re-download all the games you already purchased. They offered this to me last time when I thought I had a broken drive. Softy has been fairly supportive of their Xbox machines. They feel our pain, I think.

deadFalling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deadFalling
Member since 2007 • 769 Posts

I'M GOING TO SPAM THIS SO GAMESPOT WILL DELETE MY ACCOUNT. So I got moderated for making a joke thread about Wii Fit. I love my Wii, I'm not a troll.... but Gamespot seems to think they can run some sort of communist site. You can do this, you can do this, BUT YOU CAN'T DO THAT!!! Geez, IGN is sooo much more lax than this lame site. It would be all cool if I could just delete my account, as I find Gamespot to be the worthless redheaded stepchild to the bigger and better reviewers.... but low and behold! It wont let me delete my account. Gamespot, I hate you, and I do not want to be a member of your site any longer. For you to deny me the ability to delete my account is beyond lame. In addition to Gamespot's moderation communism, they also never seem to get their reviews out on time, and their staff is a bunch of pretentious journalists who weren't quite good enough to get jobs with the better companies out there. To you Gamespot, I say Screw You! This will be moderated too, I know it. I REALLY wish they would delete my account, but they'll "dock me points" like I'm in Kindergarten or something.PLEASSSSE GAMESPOT, DELETE MY ACCOUNT; I HATE YOUR WEBSITE. Thanks. -Sean DOn't forget to report me guys, thanks! ^^OtterX

im not going to report u because i want u to keep writing more hillarious posts. keep it up man

jknight5422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jknight5422
Member since 2003 • 1992 Posts

Being suspended & so forth has happened to me many, many times. I don't know who it is, but always there is always someone whining about an issue of trolling or trying to incite a riot or violence or what not.