XBOX 360 Drinking Problem!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KingGeorge777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 KingGeorge777
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
When I bought the 360 for the Graphics I didn't realize it would turn into a drinking problem. Now this is the thing, when I game I sit in a dark room max out the surround and am Glued to my 40" in blistering 1080p when I play games such as Read Dead; I'm a hardcore gamer. Now I play games like this for 4+ hours straight every day cause once I start I can't stop, but this is my hobby & I love it. I may suck at Halo but I enjoy it and have fun everytime I play I'm not super competitve, i'm in the Recreation Club on LIVE, I just want a fun time to chill out and have some fun. When I play, especially now that it is summer, I drink a lot liquid, pop, juice, energy drinks, you name it, when I play. I have even gone through 4 Liters (~ 1 Gallon for my American friends) of pop on a Halo 3 All nighter once. Does anyone else have this problem? What should I do to get into a healthier habbit if that is possible to still get the buzz of cafeine & stay hydrated to keep me up gaming?; suggestions?
Avatar image for RatchetJunkie20
RatchetJunkie20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 RatchetJunkie20
Member since 2007 • 966 Posts

I'd have to say just drink water or maybe some gatorade. I'm the same type of gamer you are only I'm not as hardcore. The last game I played a game for 4+ hours straight was Fable II. I don't know what's healthier that would give you the same buzz as caffiene.

firebolt53

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 firebolt53
Member since 2009 • 670 Posts
Erm... well firstly dont play games past 12, then your habit will be a hell of alot healthier. Just limit what you play and just drink less. Feel tired call it a night. Common sense really.
LostSoul1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 LostSoul1974
Member since 2006 • 128 Posts

Personally, I prefer a cold beer or two while playing....not big on soda or energy drinks. In either case, it's very important to keep water in the mix.

LightColor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LightColor
Member since 2006 • 2709 Posts

drink cold water, and when ever time is permitted, say while ur waiting for the game to set up, get up off the couch and stretch a little atleast even if u end up sitting back down lol get ur body moving for a little and u'd probably feel better... lol and of course, turn on the LIGHTS

CrypticalDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CrypticalDude
Member since 2010 • 116 Posts

ha ha.... these drinks are the least of your problems....

wait until you are easily downing a six pack of beer or half a bottle of scotch in one sitting :?

penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts
[QUOTE="KingGeorge777"]When I bought the 360 for the Graphics I didn't realize it would turn into a drinking problem. Now this is the thing, when I game I sit in a dark room max out the surround and am Glued to my 40" in blistering 1080p when I play games such as Read Dead; I'm a hardcore gamer. Now I play games like this for 4+ hours straight every day cause once I start I can't stop, but this is my hobby & I love it. I may suck at Halo but I enjoy it and have fun everytime I play I'm not super competitve, i'm in the Recreation Club on LIVE, I just want a fun time to chill out and have some fun. When I play, especially now that it is summer, I drink a lot liquid, pop, juice, energy drinks, you name it, when I play. I have even gone through 4 Liters (~ 1 Gallon for my American friends) of pop on a Halo 3 All nighter once. Does anyone else have this problem? What should I do to get into a healthier habbit if that is possible to still get the buzz of cafeine & stay hydrated to keep me up gaming?; suggestions?

I'm sorry is this some kind of joke? ... "how can I be healthier" well son the best way is to stop playing the xbox so much, stop eating and drinking so much rubbish (come on youre an independent human being you shouldnt need directing here) get out the house and find something else to do other than your xbox. Like play an instrument, take up running, build arfix scale model kits. I sit and wonder sometimes....
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

I drink Black coffee when I do an "All nighter" Halo 3 and 2 pot of Black coffee. Neither drinking too much coffee, or Drinking Coffee all night is good for you. But as long as you don't over do it then your fine. I try not to over do the coffee during "All nighting" I maagered to cut back on both some what

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
I drink a lot of water playing video games. Then when I play Halo 3, its beer all night into the morning with my friends.
bigd575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

#10 bigd575
Member since 2008 • 6192 Posts
I drink water mostly, just try drinking that are something healthier that's all you can do.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#11 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts
On work nights I drink coffee in the morning, and tea at night. On the weekends, I drink beer and booze. It works out.
I_am_theOpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 I_am_theOpus
Member since 2009 • 768 Posts

I don't have any special habits while gaming. Then again I don't really have any all out gaming sessions. I rarely play for over 4 hours or I just become sick of it, no matter what game I'm playing. Don't get me wrong, I love gaming, but you gotta have some fresh air to go with it!:P

On a sidenote, I absolutely hate energy drinks. I've tried Red Bull, Monster, whatever. They all taste like sh*t if you ask me. I know some people who are absolutely addicted to them. I'll take water or coffee any day.

Cthulad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 Cthulad
Member since 2006 • 197 Posts

There is that 5 hour energy drink out there. I have one of those, and then water for the rest of the night. There are certain Tea's also that will help staying up, and they are cafinated unless specified otherwise. Healthier is maybe not the best result to go for, but moderation is the best. I was doing overnight shift, and when doing that, it was Tea (Green) with a 5 hour shot about 5 hours before I would go to bed. I try to stay away from the pop, and other sugars, as they make you crash a lot faster.

spyd3r108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 140

#14 spyd3r108
Member since 2008 • 199 Posts

haha im just like you - i use to go through tons of 12 packs of dr pepper while gaming for hours on hours but now i but 24 packs of water and do motivational pushups whin i get pissed at the games XD