Xbox 360 Controller help, this could keep me from gaming if i dont get any help.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for SilentWalker008
SilentWalker008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SilentWalker008
Member since 2008 • 77 Posts

Play and charge kit messed up, and i dont want to buy another battery pack to have the same thing happen again. I can't find the AA battery holder. Where can i get the holder. Ive tried everywhere. I even asked my friends, but i couldnt find it. If i call microsoft, would they give me another one?

Thanks

TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#2 TX360
Member since 2008 • 4051 Posts

buy a play and charge kit and MS will not give you stuff for free.

SilentWalker008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 SilentWalker008
I cant dude, it'll mess up on me again. What else can i do?
dcap8424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 dcap8424
Member since 2006 • 806 Posts
they don't mess up... you either have it in wrong or you can take it back if you have a faulty one. quit being so dramatic. this could keep me from gaming!? give me a break.
SilentWalker008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 SilentWalker008
ive had it for a year. it just suddenly stopped charging. idk if its the usb ports or what. i need a battery holder.
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

The rechargeable battery packs don't last forever. If you use it a lot they eventually just die, and you need to buy another.

I don't think you can buy just the battery holder separately, though you can buy a replacement battery pack on its own, rather than a whole play and charge kit, though the difference in cost is usually small

TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TX360
i have had my play and charge kit for more than a year and its stil working like it should.
Avatar image for Sanjuro_Satsuma
Sanjuro_Satsuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Sanjuro_Satsuma
Member since 2003 • 77 Posts

If you're up for it, you could try using a mobile phone charger, the bare wires I mean. I've heard of this, but I can't give you a link. It's certainly doable, but you must be careful what you use so you don't fry the electronics or yourself.

It goes without saying: do it at your own risk!

Hey, you wanted an alternative, so, please, no negative comments.

SilentWalker008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SilentWalker008

i need something like this.

http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-8336782827841_2011_306696

But I dont want to buy it from here but its over priced, and it might be a scam.

So where can i get this from a retail store?

TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TX360
buy a play and charge kit for godsake they are not faulty all my friends have them for longer than me so why not buy another?
raylewisnfl52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 raylewisnfl52
Member since 2005 • 7146 Posts
I have had my play and charge since it came out and it still works fine.
TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TX360
yeh so TC buy the play and charge kit and live happy ever after.
DJF00P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#13 DJF00P
Member since 2008 • 135 Posts
same thing happened to mine... i just bought another one. its only 20 bucks.
TX360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TX360
well i should confess this is my 2nd play and charge kit but it was because my dog chewed my last one in half lol
djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
why did u throw out the battery holders lmao - ur own fault. test the kit on a pc and see if it charges then so u know ur usb ports are fine. (theys a usb on the back thats seperate from the 2 at the front but i doubt all the ports are dead its probs either a faulty wire or u charged the battery wrong and the cells have died off meaning it runs out straight away and u cant fix this - its a limiation of all rechargeable battierys even for laptops/phones and normal rechargables what probs happened is u charged the batterys alot when they were still mostly or half full and if u dont use all the cells in the battery all the time they eventually die off and cant be used anymore. with all rechargeable batteries u only shud charge them when the power is just about competley ran out. that way all the cells get used and charged and the battey lasts along time and has a long life. if u charge early the cells that never ran out dont get charged and eventually if u do it alot they get damaged out of non use and die off and u loose capaicty in ur battery. these dead cells will report they are charged but u wont be able to use them or charge them any more,. so u will notice the batteries die off straight away/charge really fast just buy another kit and charge them properly. if u must get another case for normal batteries then go on ebay for cheapest. but if u think ill just use recharge able batteries the same problem will occur if u charge them the same . its just how they work. if they dont get drained fully before charging ur damaging it slowly but surely and thats why u only got a year out of them,
hardcorps1110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 hardcorps1110
Member since 2008 • 115 Posts
Just get the regular pack for the back of the controller. Buy a charger with rechargable batteries. Thats what I do. Two are always charging while I use the other two. Its like $20 at your nearest walgreens.
wazzup_peeps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wazzup_peeps
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
I have the exact same problem, when I move the top of the cord (the side that plugs into the controller) I can get a connection, but it is very hard to keep it in this spot. Is it possible to take the end apart? To all those thinking its something else, it isn't.
wazzup_peeps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 wazzup_peeps
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
I am talking about the play and charge kit, for all those wondering.
cowboybebop990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 cowboybebop990
Member since 2004 • 34 Posts
I have had mine since i first got my console and it has held up better then that console and the next one and finally the third one.
znator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 znator
Member since 2006 • 550 Posts

Play and charge kit messed up, and i dont want to buy another battery pack to have the same thing happen again. I can't find the AA battery holder. Where can i get the holder. Ive tried everywhere. I even asked my friends, but i couldnt find it. If i call microsoft, would they give me another one?

Thanks

SilentWalker008
I have asked the same question at one time when a play and charge didn't charge, I even called Microsoft only to tell me they don't sell these things seperate from the controllers which I find just sux :( so your only option is to buy another play and charge kit my friend or find the battery holder that originally came with it, because your not going to get natta from Microsoft without them trying to sell you a brand spanking new controller.
xobballox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 xobballox
Member since 2008 • 484 Posts
I'll sell you my extra for 19.98 ;p
xobballox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 xobballox
Member since 2008 • 484 Posts
If you're that desperate you could try ebay. I use a wired controller when I'm not playing splitscreen with my brother, don't have to worry about batteries or charging it, and the battery pack gets in the way of my fingers (big hands)