Xbox 360 Code-named "Falcon" will best version.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

anuj411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 anuj411
Member since 2004 • 509 Posts

I just read on some site tat the new 360 codename FALCON will not only solve the overheating problems or as it called the

RED RING OF DEATH

But its also posted tat microsoft may reduce the price of Falcon due to the reduced chipset .

i doubit tat as they have made a massive loss to a staggering figure of $1.2 billion as a result of the three year extension of XBOX360.so falcon will be best version.

source: http://www.gamingbits.com/content/view/2296/2/

Alpha172

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2 Alpha172
Member since 2007 • 1437 Posts
I think the new stocks that come in at EB already have the FALCON 65 nanometer chips in them. As reportedly said that EB stocks were send back to microsoft as requested.
darkgamerdx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 darkgamerdx
Member since 2004 • 222 Posts
I wonder if i can trade in my elite for a"Falcon" edition elite........
Avatar image for WCWUSCHAMPION50
WCWUSCHAMPION50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 WCWUSCHAMPION50
Member since 2007 • 170 Posts

I think the new stocks that come in at EB already have the FALCON 65 nanometer chips in them. As reportedly said that EB stocks were send back to microsoft as requested.Alpha172

We need to hear an official announcement though but this website will report that immediatly. Thats why I go on here every day looking for news.

anuj411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 anuj411

I think the new stocks that come in at EB already have the FALCON 65 nanometer chips in them. As reportedly said that EB stocks were send back to microsoft as requested.Alpha172

there is no way tat those new chips will be them.as its just announced.there is no news on when its comig out.

GanonBuRAP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 GanonBuRAP
Member since 2007 • 1463 Posts
Wtf....why can't MS just make ONE console and stick with it. I mean theres the 360 core, 360 premium, 360 halo edition, 360 elite, 360 65nm chip, now a new 360 FALCON. Seriously; wtf?
ocdodger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ocdodger
Member since 2007 • 110 Posts

Wtf....why can't MS just make ONE console and stick with it. I mean theres the 360 core, 360 premium, 360 halo edition, 360 elite, 360 65nm chip, now a new 360 FALCON. Seriously; wtf?GanonBuRAP

The 65nm chip's code name is "FALCON", so there realy isn't an XBOX 360 Falcon!

axes03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 axes03
Member since 2005 • 4454 Posts

MS wont come out and say "WE HAVE NEW CHIPS....." it happens with every electronic, things get cheaper and more efficient tomake, no just 360s.

WCWUSCHAMPION50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 WCWUSCHAMPION50

[QUOTE="GanonBuRAP"]Wtf....why can't MS just make ONE console and stick with it. I mean theres the 360 core, 360 premium, 360 halo edition, 360 elite, 360 65nm chip, now a new 360 FALCON. Seriously; wtf?ocdodger

Exactly

catfishmoon23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 catfishmoon23
Member since 2005 • 5197 Posts

[QUOTE="GanonBuRAP"]Wtf....why can't MS just make ONE console and stick with it. I mean theres the 360 core, 360 premium, 360 halo edition, 360 elite, 360 65nm chip, now a new 360 FALCON. Seriously; wtf?ocdodger

Yeah, "Falcon" is just the codename of the 65 nm chip the will be implemented into all xbox 360"s. It's not another SKU.

WCWUSCHAMPION50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 WCWUSCHAMPION50

MS wont come out and say "WE HAVE NEW CHIPS....." it happens with every electronic, things get cheaper and more efficient tomake, no just 360s.

axes03

Well ya they aren't gonna hold a press conference announcing the new chip. But we will get the news about it on this website and other gaming sites. They gotta tell us something this isn't gonna be a top secret quitely let the months go by and no word.

But they aren't gonna sell any of the old systems anymore. So once October comes any system that you buy be it: Premium, Core, or Elite. Those will all have the new chip.

So I can see Micro calling up stores and telling them to ship their consoles back to them. Then they will get them, place the new chip inside, and ship them back to their respective stores around the country.

easy as cake

ocdodger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ocdodger
Member since 2007 • 110 Posts
[QUOTE="axes03"]

WCWUSCHAMPION50

Well ya they aren't gonna hold a press conference announcing the new chip. But we will get the news about it on this website and other gaming sites. They gotta tell us something this isn't gonna be a top secret quitely let the months go by and no word.

But they aren't gonna sell any of the old systems anymore. So once October comes any system that you buy be it: Premium, Core, or Elite. Those will all have the new chip.

So I can see Micro calling up stores and telling them to ship their consoles back to them. Then they will get them, place the new chip inside, and ship them back to their respective stores around the country.

easy as cake

Is that official dude by MS or its just something you've read on here and various websites like me. Cause thats the only reason I havn't boughten a 360 yet. I want it to be as reliable as my O.G. XBOX was.

WCWUSCHAMPION50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 WCWUSCHAMPION50
[QUOTE="WCWUSCHAMPION50"][QUOTE="axes03"]

ocdodger

easy as cake

Is that official dude by MS or its just something you've read on here and various websites like me. Cause thats the only reason I havn't boughten a 360 yet. I want it to be as reliable as my O.G. XBOX was.

This is just stuff I've read and heard about the new chip. But it's enough hype that I feel alot better about buying the Elite.

But as far as what I said about them recalling the consoles, to put in the new chip. That makes sense since why would they continue to sell the chipless consoles. After they already have the 65nm chips out. Number one that would be really backstabbing and cheating us. And I don't think Micro wants anymore of these phone calls and problems. So its to their benefit that they do exactly what I'm predicting.

Mrha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Mrha
Member since 2006 • 518 Posts
Sounds good that they're finally trying to fix all the breaks once and for all. My 360 just broke for the 2nd time, so I'm going to be sending it in this month. Think I'll be getting this new chip in mine? I would hate to get an old chip, have it break again, and then wait another month just because they were waiting on a specific date to start implementing these chips. It's hard to live without my 360 :-P
anuj411

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 anuj411

DO U GUYS know when those xbox360's with the new chips are gona be on the store shelves ,any release dates announced yet?

yea ocdogertat the same reason,i am not buying the 360 now.

Tree06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Tree06
Member since 2006 • 3552 Posts
I wonder when they will release them.
xXHackettXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 xXHackettXx
Member since 2006 • 3560 Posts
Wtf....why can't MS just make ONE console and stick with it. I mean theres the 360 core, 360 premium, 360 halo edition, 360 elite, 360 65nm chip, now a new 360 FALCON. Seriously; wtf?GanonBuRAP
Why does it matter no one says you have to keep buying the next one it just gives options.