XBL/internet connection info on my HDD- remove before selling?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

elm_street_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 elm_street_kid
Member since 2003 • 1354 Posts
I have to return my new 360 to the store because of money issues. So I never actually got all the way through the sign up process process for Live, but it was connected to my router and i did put in email and email password info before I stopped the sign-up process. No credit card info tho. Is there any way that info could be used in a bad way by whoever buys the system? ... I mean I don't ever know if that info was retained on the hard drive or not. I couldn't find it. I erased my profile but I don't know if there is some master reset on the 360 or something else I should do. Changed email password too but I just needed to ask because I'm paranoid about it
Sligs02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Sligs02
Member since 2010 • 231 Posts

I've had to return a broken 360 twice to Best Buy. Both times they swapped out the HDD without me asking. Just make sure to ask the customer service rep. beforehand to make sure you get your original HDD back.

Sligs02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Sligs02

Wow, disregard my first post. I skimmed through not realizing you aren't exchanging for another 360. I'm not sure if you can format the HDD but you should look into that. It might be an option under the system settings.

Sligs02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Sligs02

I'm out of it today... I also wouldn't worry about anyone retaining your email information. I don't believe that info is saved to your HDD.

Urban_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Urban_Flow
Member since 2009 • 721 Posts
I have to return my new 360 to the store because of money issues. So I never actually got all the way through the sign up process process for Live, but it was connected to my router and i did put in email and email password info before I stopped the sign-up process. No credit card info tho. Is there any way that info could be used in a bad way by whoever buys the system? ... I mean I don't ever know if that info was retained on the hard drive or not. I couldn't find it. I erased my profile but I don't know if there is some master reset on the 360 or something else I should do. Changed email password too but I just needed to ask because I'm paranoid about it elm_street_kid
You have nothing to worry about just as long as you didnt finsh the sign up.
elm_street_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 elm_street_kid
Member since 2003 • 1354 Posts
alright guys thanks, i think im being paranoid but i wanted to make sure