So, I've never owned or really ever even considered owning an Xbox of any sort. I've been playing on PlayStation since the PS1. I am now considering buying an Xbox One as a second console, mostly because of my interest in its backwards compatibility but also some of the exclusives. I have a series of questions about it and some specific games. If anyone could answer any of them honestly, it would be greatly appreciated.
1. Do you need a paid Xbox Live service to use BC?
2. Do you need a paid XBL for achievements and game updates?
3. How well does BC work? Like how do the games play and look in comparison to the original game? When you play a BC game, do you get the patch updates too or is it just the original version they shipped?
4. I wouldn't even be considering buying an Xbox One if it wasn't for Fallout 3 and New Vegas. They are among my all-time favorite games and I miss them dearly. I played both of them multiple times on PS3 back when they came out but because Bethesda games played like garbage on PS3, I never even got the chance to do everything in them. With both games, as soon as I hit 100 hours, the game's framerate was unbearable. And don't even get me started on Skyrim. FWIW, I played Fallout 4 and Skyrim Special Edition on PS4 for a combined total of over 300 hours, and I hardly had any issues whatsoever. So what I want to know is, how well do the Xbox 360 versions of FO3 and NV play on Xbox One? Do they too get significantly worse as the save file size gets bigger?
5. Can you buy 360 games on the Xbox One digitally for BC use? Or would I have to track down old copies?
6. Finally, I know at E3 this year, Microsoft announced that they are bringing games from the original Xbox to Xbox One BC. Has there been any update on this? If I could finally play the KOTOR games, I would absolutely buy an Xbox One.