This topic is locked from further discussion.

drebly032

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 drebly032
Member since 2004 • 562 Posts

Hey guys...

I've had a 360 since launch and love it. I kind of want to get a PS3 by Christmas, but I really don't know if it's worth it. How many of you have both and is it worth it???

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
Don't have both YET but it's worth it for exclusives and especially if you have spare money.
drebly032

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 drebly032
Yeah I really don't haha. I'm 20 and in college, but I can afford it eventually. I just want to know what the good qualities of it are that make it worth that much money. When I think of the exclusives--Killzone, Resistance, MGS, I wonder if they even compare to Gears, Halo, Mass Effect, Bioshock and what not...
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
You should probably go to the ps3 forum because they've probably got more answers.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#5 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
Ive had all 3 consoles this gen, but i sold my ps3 because there just are not many good games on it yet, and no exclusive MUST OWN games or any RPGS that are exclusive to the ps3.
The 360, Wii and PC are good enough for me at the moment, but with that being said ill probably get a ps3 when they get some exclusive rpgs and/or when Metal Gear SOlid comes out (as thats one of my fav series). But at the moment there was just nothing making me play my ps3 and it just sat there not being used after awhile. I love my ps1 and ps2, but the ps3 has really dissapointed me so far. BUt like i said above... once they get some rpgs and a few MUST OWN exclusives then ill get one again im sure.
DrewBlood08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DrewBlood08
Member since 2007 • 413 Posts
I have all three sytems. I only had one game in mind when I bought the PS3 and thats Hot Shots Golf 5. I bought warhawk and sold it back within days because of disappointment. I had assassins creed but really didnt get into it and brought that back in like two weeks. I do have Hots Shots Golf right now and enjoy it. There are some exclusives to look forward to, but I don't think it is a must have system at this point. I do have some comfort in knowing that blu-ray has won the next video format war. So thats a bonus feature, I didn't want to support a format till there was a clear cut winner. Now I buy the blu-ray copy of movies instead of dvd. I guess if your strapped for cash though, you should at least wait for another price cut.
Lawnboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#7 Lawnboi
Member since 2005 • 2650 Posts

Hey guys...

I've had a 360 since launch and love it. I kind of want to get a PS3 by Christmas, but I really don't know if it's worth it. How many of you have both and is it worth it???

drebly032

PS3 is fun if you are die hard about it. Don't get one if you are sitting on the fence. I got one yesterday to get MGS:4 and I have not even opened it yet, been to busy playing R6:V2. So if you see a big interest in one buy one.

drebly032

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 drebly032

I have all three sytems. I only had one game in mind when I bought the PS3 and thats Hot Shots Golf 5. I bought warhawk and sold it back within days because of disappointment. I had assassins creed but really didnt get into it and brought that back in like two weeks. I do have Hots Shots Golf right now and enjoy it. There are some exclusives to look forward to, but I don't think it is a must have system at this point. I do have some comfort in knowing that blu-ray has won the next video format war. So thats a bonus feature, I didn't want to support a format till there was a clear cut winner. Now I buy the blu-ray copy of movies instead of dvd. I guess if your strapped for cash though, you should at least wait for another price cut.DrewBlood08

I do like the blu ray feature because I have an HDTV...Hmm.

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

It's worth it now, quality games are on the way.

From launch up until now though, it's been a dud to me.

MikeK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 MikeK47
Member since 2004 • 181 Posts
MGS 4 will make it worth it. That game will be epic. I would get it just for that.
PieCrusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 PieCrusher
Member since 2007 • 192 Posts
At the moment the ps3 doesn't have any great games. I would wait awhile unless you really don't mind spending the money.
Tha_lazyboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Tha_lazyboi
Member since 2003 • 3096 Posts
It's worth it for blu ray alone.