X1X licensing still in hiatus ? that's why no preorders?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

apparantly that's what gamestop employees are being told

is this the reason preorders still havent gone live? what do you think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbpwucheFm4

Shantmaster_K

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#2 Shantmaster_K
Member since 2008 • 1790 Posts

Phil Spencer stated that all of that has gone through, now they are just finalizing the details. I'm assuming they will use Gamescom next weekend as a starting point for pre-orders.

Dr_Vancouver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Dr_Vancouver
Member since 2017 • 1046 Posts

Interesting. I've been badgering the poor people at "my" EB for nothing it seems. They have had all of the M$ branded XBoneX propaganda up for a while, I thought something seemed fishy about the lack of pre-order so far.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#4  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

I dont know about that but Gamespot just put an article saying the preorders will go live in the next few days, the weekend it seems.....hehe finally, I hope it happens during the weekend so I dont have to leave my job the min the preorders go live lol

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-x-pre-orders-reportedly-launch-this-weeke/1100-6452600/

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Looks like its going to be Sunday, they just tweeted this from the official xbox store twitter

#XboxOneX pre-order info is coming!

Tune in August 20 at 9 PM CEST / 12 PM PT for details from #gamescom:… https://t.co/nE9mtF7qtb

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

Bring it on!!

speedytimsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 speedytimsi
Member since 2003 • 1415 Posts

Would be a disaster if SNES Classic and Xbox One X preorders are on the same day...

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44555 Posts

GameStop employees are full of bullshit, you should know that, like "why don't you have any new copies of such-n-such game" and they tell you "oh, the publisher stopped making them"; lie, GameStop doesn't order more inventory because they make more selling buybacks than they do with their cut of new game inventory.

Anyhow, Microsoft says it's because they're waiting for FCC approval, but that's not true as it's been cleared by the FCC for nearly two weeks. I think Microsoft is just waiting for the right time, pretty sure around Gamescom. I think waiting that long is a mistake though, and I'm going to be pissed if I don't get one at launch.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44555 Posts

you know what, maybe they were right, I saw someone saying they're trying to go back to the Scorpio name, I hope that's true as not that I think the Xbox One X is a horrible name inherently, but it does little to differentiate itself from the other vanilla Xbox One systems, and Scorpio or even Project Scorpio has a nice ring to it

still, that being said, again, I've a feeling they're going to set pre-orders up around Gamescom to try to get more attention out of it, I think this is an important move for them too because I've no doubt the system will sell well in North America, but they need to do a lot better in Europe, and given that Gamescom is situated in Europe I figure that would be the best place to make an event of announcing pre-orders going up

curious now if they're going to try to make an event out of Tokyo Game Show, not that I think MS stands a chance there, but if they're trying to turn over a new leaf then I imagine that they'd at least try to make an effort there