X1 is now 360 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Desynkronic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Desynkronic
Member since 2012 • 32 Posts

I loved the X1 regardless. I fully understand some people don't have internet stability. But a price for further development. Now we arb ack where we started. And who knows what more features the X1 has lossed i still hope that quick switch stuff will stil be around.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115430 Posts
Did you read this? http://www.gamespot.com/news/microsoft-changing-xbox-one-policies-6410472
Desynkronic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Desynkronic
Member since 2012 • 32 Posts

Yes this is what i am replying to. The policy changes killed the original X1. Digital sharing is done with and a lot of the cool featurex X1 had are now lost.

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts

Good. Now i will actually consider a Xbox One as a second console.

Poinciana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Poinciana
Member since 2012 • 56 Posts
More like the XBOX 180. It did a 180, and walked away, lol
xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

More like the XBOX 180. It did a 180, and walked away, lolPoinciana

So are you saying the Xbox One is less powerful than a 360? I don't get it. It's more like a FU to the whinners. 

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#7 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
[QUOTE="2ndWonder"]Did you read this? http://www.gamespot.com/news/microsoft-changing-xbox-one-policies-6410472

Of course they would announce this AFTER THE FACT. Enough people complained and they finally listened. Typical corporations who think they know what is best for the customer. Microsoft is only doing this for themselves. They want more money.
mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#8 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

lol  they saved me 400 dollars til  my  bday so

robybaggio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 robybaggio
Member since 2004 • 562 Posts

Videodogg
Waste of money now.
Avatar image for deactivated-58270bc086e0d
deactivated-58270bc086e0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 113

#10 deactivated-58270bc086e0d
Member since 2006 • 2317 Posts

I agree with you. People didn't like the iPhone when it was first announced and now people are willing to pay over $1000 over two years to own one. Same with the iPad not until Steve Jobs the charismatic wizard who I am sure could have turned a heterosexual man homosexual with just eye contact thrust it down their throat now ever one has one or is interested in one and sparked the arival of many different types.

This Xbox One stuff is the same. They set clear ground work, that people can conform with or not, it is there choice but then over time the console can evolve and adapt to make the most of the new style of doing things.

But unfortunately the Xbox One was drowned not long after it was revealed in its cradle. Now the entire consept is dead and we will never know if the idea could have blossomed into something great. I am more upset about this turn around than happy.

If people would actaully give stuff a chance the world might be a much more fun and forgiving place but no. We are stuck with old generation ideas with an upgrade in hardware. So yes this is simply a more powerful Xbox 360.

Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts

I agree with you. People didn't like the iPhone when it was first announced and now people are willing to pay over $1000 over two years to own one. Same with the iPad not until Steve Jobs the charismatic wizard who I am sure could have turned a heterosexual man homosexual with just eye contact thrust it down their throat now ever one has one or is interested in one and sparked the arival of many different types.

This Xbox One stuff is the same. They set clear ground work, that people can conform with or not, it is there choice but then over time the console can evolve and adapt to make the most of the new style of doing things.

But unfortunately the Xbox One was drowned not long after it was revealed in its cradle. Now the entire consept is dead and we will never know if the idea could have blossomed into something great. I am more upset about this turn around than happy.

If people would actaully give stuff a chance the world might be a much more fun and forgiving place but no. We are stuck with old generation ideas with an upgrade in hardware. So yes this is simply a more powerful Xbox 360.

Dannystaples14
There will still be a heavy focus on direct download and the kinect. The only real loss here is the game sharing which was a great feature.
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

Dannystaples14

Give what a chance? DRM and 24 hour check ins? Cloud gaming and digital downloads are still going to be available so what are we missing out on?

jetjetjaguar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jetjetjaguar
Member since 2011 • 192 Posts

For me it's about a hardware upgrade.  I want games to look better, play better, I want multiplayer to have more richness and larger squads, I want the games to start more quickly.  None of these are in jeopardy with MS's reversal.

Plus MS really didn't lose anything that they can't add back in later (do it better when you do PLEASE).

buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 buccomatic
Member since 2005 • 1941 Posts

I loved the X1 regardless. I fully understand some people don't have internet stability. But a price for further development. Now we arb ack where we started. And who knows what more features the X1 has lossed i still hope that quick switch stuff will stil be around.

Desynkronic
the more so-called "features" that the x1 loses the more we gain as gamers. if you want a video game console and not an entertainment center, from microsoft, then it's best that microsoft replicates the formula that made the xbox 360 the smash hit that it was. no one wanted wanted what the x1 was originally revealed as. and everyone expected the xbox one to carry over all the features the xbox 360 has except the gold pay per month service and no forced kinect 2.0, this is the whole reason why it flopped before it even hit the shelves. next thing they need to drop is the mandatory kinect 2.0 at $100 less. = win for everyone. if they do this, then they win back their install base and IMO win the next gen console war because the xbox one controller is light years ahead of the ps4 dual shock, first for FPS games and also all games in general. yeah the ps4 is more powerful but so was the ps3 vs. the xbox 360.
Hells_rebelion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#16 Hells_rebelion
Member since 2003 • 2957 Posts

Dannystaples14
I can never take someone seriously when they misspell "Concept". Seriously this would have blossomed into a horrible giant man eating plant. I don't see how you people see the good in all this bad. Annoying conformists...
rgsniper1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rgsniper1
Member since 2003 • 9398 Posts

I'm not sure how I felt about it. There were things that I really didn't like on the base premise that it was very intrusive to honest people. Then again I really do see the value hidden behind all the BS so...... Regardless I pre-ordered one before and said to myself that I would just deal with it and see where it goes. Now they switched it back and I'm still saying the same thing. On a side note and considering that Live is down right now i'm guessing a hacker decided to show they what a bad idea they had. :)

Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#18 Mickeyminime
Member since 2008 • 1583 Posts
Actually its an X1, that is until it has the internet update which stops you from having to worry about 24/7 internet access and which allows you trade/share and sell games, once you have that one update after you buy the X1, only then can it be called the 180. After all, if you have no internet at all, the X1 is still the same god awful box that restricts you, but with the internet/update, its good to go and your free to play online/offline........... That is of course until the X1 gets the red ring problem....
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts
[QUOTE="Videodogg"]

robybaggio
Waste of money now.

Yeah, i agree the Xbone is a waste of money now, but i will wait a year or two when there are some really good exclusives and a price drop.
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#20 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
tc is an MS employee trying to do market research.
Avatar image for always_explicit
always_explicit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 always_explicit
Member since 2007 • 3379 Posts
[QUOTE="Dannystaples14"]

Hells_rebelion
I can never take someone seriously when they misspell "Concept". Seriously this would have blossomed into a horrible giant man eating plant. I don't see how you people see the good in all this bad. Annoying conformists...

if nobody conformed to anything it would be chaos, might be interesting but not a lot would get done would it. Buying a PC a PS4 or an X1 makes you a conformist, none of those are exactly niche products are they.
nickr2d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 nickr2d2
Member since 2007 • 396 Posts

Here's my thought:

MS got the picture. People don't want DRM. People don't want game restrictions. Even though a select few people liked these ideas, the majority of gamers were strongly opposed.

And they responded. And the complaints are still flying?

Honestly, MS, you did good. Don't backpedal on what you did on Wednesday. You made the right choice.

Although, here's a few ideas:

Attract some Indie games (like DayZ, which is sure to be a hit if it lands on PS4.) In some cases, I think you should disregard the $10,000 update policy. You'll get some future PS4 exclusives that way.

I don't know about Kinect. You could make it mandatory, or go with two different versions (one with Kinect, one without kinect that's 100 bucks cheaper.) But honestly, either way is OK.

istylez973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 istylez973
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
they said they might bring the digital share on an update DATS A BIG MAYBE
pickettsticket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 pickettsticket
Member since 2012 • 193 Posts

[QUOTE="Dannystaples14"]

BLAS1AN

Give what a chance? DRM and 24 hour check ins? Cloud gaming and digital downloads are still going to be available so what are we missing out on?

Exactly. People seem to think that in order to have the family plan you need DRM . . . No, No you do not. The only reason they could not have the family plan now is without restrictions it means they have less control on how long you keep it. So I would much rather borrow a friends game for however long I want than to get a digital copy that I only get for a little while.

And as he said the cloud features and digital downloads are still there.

Microsoft took away the DRM and for some reason removed the family sharing thing even though they could still keept it.

And the other features are the same. Stop pretending DRM restrictions are gonna make the future of gaming.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#28 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Dannystaples14

I know what you mean....I didn't really have any big issues with the original X1, but I can understand why some people did and why MS made the decision to listen to those people. However I don't think we are back at square 1, more like between square 1 and 2....the transition to digital will just take longer, and may not necessarily mean the end of physical copies, that's all....we are still getting new things like an improved Kinect and the cloud capabilities, and who knows what the future holds. I think it's a good compromise for everyone, but I still would have liked to see how their original plans would have panned out.

For the people who completely refuse to move forward and only care for spec numbers and performance, they have the almighty PS4 at 399$ only, and I'm glad that choice is available for consumers, because these people just want a more powerful PS3, and not a single little thing more, and then there are people like me who get bored easily and love innovation and what Kinect has brought to the table, and the clear choice for those people is the X1.....I still feel it's a great time to be a gamer and there are lots of games to look forward to Next Gen.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts
[QUOTE="Elann2008"] Of course they would announce this AFTER THE FACT. Enough people complained and they finally listened. Typical corporations who think they know what is best for the customer. Microsoft is only doing this for themselves. They want more money.

I find it laughable how people are ready to pat MS on the back over this reversal. They didn't reverse their policies because they give a damn about gamers. Rather, as you said, it is about the dollar bill. If MS cared about gamers, it would have realized the fallout gamers would have about the original policy. Only when the realization of potential sales being lost did they address the matter.
MW2ismygame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MW2ismygame
Member since 2010 • 2188 Posts
[QUOTE="Videodogg"]

robybaggio
Waste of money now.

Yeah, because before when they were holding you by the balls it was SUCH a value :roll:
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts

I'm happy with the DRM gone. Fck family sharing. Seriously, I'd rather have the freedom to play my games without having to check in to make them work than to share games.