Wow, thanks Microsoft...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TM_Darkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TM_Darkside
Member since 2007 • 3993 Posts

Last night I was suspended from XBOX Live until the 23rd. I was pretty clueless as to why since I hadn't even played with others recently, I had only been playing a single-player dynasty on NCAA Football 09. Anyway, I called XBOX customer support earlier to see if they could tell me specifically why I was suspended.

I have to talk to the robot for about 5 minutes to get it to connect me to an agent. I'm then put on hold for 10 minutes to listen to Halo music. I then must talk to an agent for another 10 minutes so he can find my Live account, only to have him put me on hold for another 5 minutes. He returns and says, "I don't know exactly why you were suspended, review the code of conduct." I finally get to get off the phone, knowing no more than I did before I called.

I'm pissed off because I feel like I'm losing two days of service for nothing. I don't have to work today so I was finally going to get to play some Unreal Tournament 3.

Anyway, I personally don't believe if I can't be told why I was suspended, it doesn't warrant a suspension at all.

[/end rant]

DontEvenTry0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 DontEvenTry0
Member since 2008 • 134 Posts
call back but dont be polite this time. they will do what you want I have experience with MS they are mostly idiots
kryloc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kryloc
Member since 2003 • 2283 Posts

Ask to speak to a supervisor. The person that answers the phone types in info and reads a screen. He/she doesn't know anything.

Edit: You shouldn't have made a new thread for this. Seeking attention much?

TM_Darkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TM_Darkside

kryloc

Wow, man. Chill out. Attention from guys on a gaming forum doesn't give me the jollies. There are enough threads on this board that are worthless, one more won't hurt.

EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts

I would definitely call back and even before the agent can go into his/her speech, just tell them you want to speak with a supervisor. Then you can skip all the uncessary BS.

They have to provide you with a reason for your suspension. It doesn't make sense if they can't, because how did they know to suspend you in the first place if they can't see anything wrong?

You might be able to get a free month if you complain long enough.

Bane_v2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Bane_v2
Member since 2003 • 6104 Posts
Forget the phone. Go to the xbox.com forums and send a PM to Stepto. He runs the Live police force, whatever they're really called. He'll be able to tell you why you were suspended, usually in embarrassing detail.
taj7575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 taj7575
Member since 2008 • 12084 Posts

This is what probably happened...

You were acting like a little kid and endlessly swearing over and over at someone for no reason whatsoever and they reported you...

OR

You sent messages to someone endlessly swearing over and over like a kid for no reason whatsoever.

Which did you do?

kryloc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kryloc
[QUOTE="kryloc"]

TM_Darkside

Wow, man. Chill out. Attention from guys on a gaming forum doesn't give me the jollies. There are enough threads on this board that are worthless, one more won't hurt.

Chill out? Laugh. At least you admit your threads are worthless.

xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xTheExploited
Member since 2007 • 12094 Posts
[QUOTE="kryloc"]

TM_Darkside

HAHAHAHAHA OWNT. I'm sorry but that was great. And to the other guy, he was just trying to get some advice, what better place to come than to an Xbox 360 Board? No one is going to tell him immediately if he blogged it.
pygmahia5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 pygmahia5
Member since 2007 • 7428 Posts
yea ms's customer support sucks. i would call back and be more aggresive and say what u said in here. "Anyway, I personally don't believe if I can't be told why I was suspended, it doesn't warrant a suspension at all." i think they'll tell u if ur more assertive about the situation.
kryloc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 kryloc
[QUOTE="TM_Darkside"][QUOTE="kryloc"]

xTheExploited

HAHAHAHAHA OWNT. I'm sorry but that was great. And to the other guy, he was just trying to get some advice, what better place to come than to an Xbox 360 Board? No one is going to tell him immediately if he blogged it.

Ownt? Never once did I freak out. Therefor I cannot chill out.

He already made a topic about this. I was simply stating he shouldn't make a NEW topic for an update to his previous topic.

Never once did I say he should blog it.

xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 xTheExploited
[QUOTE="xTheExploited"][QUOTE="TM_Darkside"][QUOTE="kryloc"]

kryloc

He already made a topic about this. I was simply stating he shouldn't make a NEW topic for an update to his previous topic.

Well its pretty hard to tell if someone is annoyed or not through what a person has typed. I just thought it was funny, good for a quick laugh. Also how else could he say something if he didnt post a topic on it or a blog, and you didn't make it obvious that he had a previous thread for this, it looked like you just said don't post it for something like that.
taj7575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 taj7575

You were acting like a little kid and endlessly swearing over and over at someone for no reason whatsoever and they reported you...

OR

You sent messages to someone endlessly swearing over and over like a kid for no reason whatsoever.

Which did you do?

taj7575

awnser my question please?

xTheExploited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xTheExploited
[QUOTE="taj7575"]

OR

Which did you do?

taj7575

awnser my question please?

He already said that he hadn't played with anyone recently and that he had been playing single player for NCAA Football 09.
EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 EnderSR388
[QUOTE="xTheExploited"][QUOTE="TM_Darkside"][QUOTE="kryloc"]

kryloc

Judging by your sig, it seems like you're bitter about something.

TM_Darkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TM_Darkside

OR

Which did you do?

taj7575

I know most of you won't believe me, but I honestly didn't do either of those. I'm a mature person. I usually abstain from mindlessly cussing out people I don't know.

gustavog117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 gustavog117
Member since 2006 • 831 Posts
You are welcome sir, please call back when you have any more questions.
Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Matt-4542
Member since 2008 • 8002 Posts
Its 1 day. Get over it.
EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 EnderSR388

I know most of you won't believe me, but I honestly didn't do either of those. I'm a mature person. I usually abstain from mindlessly cussing out people I don't know.TM_Darkside

I believe you, dude. I've had people report me because I won't switch teams in Gears or some other garbage like that. People can be pretty pathetic on XBL.

TM_Darkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TM_Darkside

Its 1 day. Get over it.Matt-4542

Of course, and the 1 day is not what bothers me. What bothers me is that I'm given this bogus suspension and given no explanation for it, even after calling customer support. It's a joke...

DarthMegalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DarthMegalon
Member since 2002 • 1210 Posts
Eh, it's only one day. If you really didn't do anything wrong feel free to make a stink.
taj7575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 taj7575
[QUOTE="taj7575"]

OR

Which did you do?

TM_Darkside

I know most of you won't believe me, but I honestly didn't do either of those. I'm a mature person. I usually abstain from mindlessly cussing out people I don't know.

Well...Then I dont know.

Thats usually what people do on live to get themselves suspended.

Paynee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Paynee
Member since 2008 • 851 Posts

Forget the phone. Go to the xbox.com forums and send a PM to Stepto. He runs the Live police force, whatever they're really called. He'll be able to tell you why you were suspended, usually in embarrassing detail. Bane_v2

You have the alternative in the quote above, looks like your best bet.

DaKidLiLJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DaKidLiLJ
Member since 2007 • 842 Posts

OR

Which did you do?

taj7575

someone can't read...he said he been playing single player all this time...read before you post...

GatCloudX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 GatCloudX
Member since 2008 • 1459 Posts
id still be pissed you have to pay for it and its his day off
papercut18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 papercut18
Member since 2007 • 86 Posts
lol
coolspot619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 coolspot619
Member since 2008 • 39 Posts
Yeah call back and be mad. They can't hang up on you and if your persistent enough they can do a lot more for you then they did.
Sacif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 Sacif
Member since 2006 • 1830 Posts
[QUOTE="kryloc"]

TM_Darkside

lol obviously it does cause you are whining to people who have no power to help you over an issue that you probably deserved to get suspended for neways, so yeah stop crying, stop making useless threads about issues that no one really cares about.

koolaidWTF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 koolaidWTF
Member since 2008 • 362 Posts
Microsoft is really dumb for telling you they dont know why that happened. They should atleast of let you go back online if there wasnt a reason why you got suspended. Also maybe give you like a free month or something for the time your losing and the money your losing from not playing.