wow, MS are a bunch of ********

This topic is locked from further discussion.

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

i usually use those 12 month card things but i bought 3 months on the console 3 months ago just cause i... (not important)

the credit card i used no longer works (which is why i used it, im not gonna charge 15 every 3 months automatically when i can get it cheaper and with my consent)

and now i can no longer sign in AT ALL till i give em a new card so they can bill me for 3 more months

no just be a silver member option

no stop 3month 15$ reoccuring option

give us a credit card, no? signing out of profile.

i cant even sign into xbox.com

i understand them stop letting me play online and all that

but i cant even play single player now

what are ur thoughts? what do you think i should do?

im gonna get a 12 month thing in a couple of days, i dont really care to much that my xbox is (kinda) unplayable, just WHY it is.

tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 tjoeb123
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts
This is why I wish they would add the ability to sign in locally and not LIVE. Your problem is that at one point, you paid for the membership by credit card. For it to reverse to Sliver, you would've had to pay for all of your memberships with prepaid cards. This is so that unless you buy MSP they would'nt've had a credit card on file.
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
Whoa that sucks..it wont even revert the account back down to silver?! I don't get it, i thought that's how it would work. You should call them and ask them about what's going on and why your account is not reverting back to silver. (and why should you be forced to pay or provide a credit card for a silver account) Say something like that and see what they say.
DeadSarow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#4 DeadSarow
Member since 2009 • 493 Posts
Dude that's a low blow. Microsoft, why would you do such a horrid thing?
Avatar image for SteveTabernacle
SteveTabernacle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 SteveTabernacle
Member since 2010 • 2584 Posts
I had the same issue with an old account I no longer use. I just got an email saying it needed an updated payment method. I tried logging in to simply choose not to resubscribe to XBL automatically, but it wants a credit card number, period. So, whatever. I just don't use it anyway, checked again a week later, and it was suspended. I was pretty sure I had canceled that one too. Meh.
franky_babylon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 franky_babylon
Member since 2008 • 1117 Posts

Its because when you use a card they automatically try and bill you again once your gold expires. When they do this they keep trying to bill you, but at the same time they continue to give you gold for a grace period of a few months. You have to call Xbox and pay them for the gold that you used and then they will release the account.

Always call them and tell them to take your card off the list, so they dont try and auto bill. They did the same to me and I use pre-paid cards on Live and when they tried to bill me, they couldnt.

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

Its because when you use a card they automatically try and bill you again once your gold expires. When they do this they keep trying to bill you, but at the same time they continue to give you gold for a grace period of a few months. You have to call Xbox and pay them for the gold that you used and then they will release the account.

Always call them and tell them to take your card off the list, so they dont try and auto bill. They did the same to me and I use pre-paid cards on Live and when they tried to bill me, they couldnt.

franky_babylon
alright i try that tomorrow thx all for ur input
aliaslam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 aliaslam
Member since 2005 • 95 Posts

That happened to me too, i called them and they told me because i didnt make the payments my gamertag was taken off record, so i told them to recover my gamertag then i was able to sign in and play single palyer until i had another credit card to buy live with. but yea give them a call n argue with them

CleanNJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 CleanNJerk
Member since 2009 • 2104 Posts

I have a question. If I use a Gold membership of 12 months but I don't renew it(using the cards) will this same thing happen to me?

And OP you just proved that MS's entire Gold service is a money grabber.

Really that's why I don't care for Gold, the system needs some work at least to make subscription based fees, and the inability to play online,clear to consumers, and overall revamp the marketing raits of processing these transactions over Live service. imo it's played decisively, where consumers feel forced to pay for Gold this, this, this, and this way.

djrobst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 djrobst
Member since 2007 • 2404 Posts
its your own fault, you signed up for a re-occuring subscription with a credit card you knew full well does not work. when your live ran out because you signed up for a re-occuring subscription they have renewed it for you. when they have tried to get the money from your card its failed, so you owe them the money for the subscription you have been given. since you havent paid them the money you owe them then they have suspended your account, you need to phone up microsoft and pay the money you owe them for bouincing the card payments. buying a 12 month live card wont change anything, you will still owe ms a small amount of cash and that needs to be paid over the phone to them, or update your credit card on file to a working one. just dont sign up for re-occuring payments if you dont want them. if you have to pay with it then you just cancel the subscription straight away after buying live and it does not automatically renew. its not hard
penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts

i usually use those 12 month card things but i bought 3 months on the console 3 months ago just cause i... (not important)

the credit card i used no longer works (which is why i used it, im not gonna charge 15 every 3 months automatically when i can get it cheaper and with my consent)

and now i can no longer sign in AT ALL till i give em a new card so they can bill me for 3 more months

no just be a silver member option

no stop 3month 15$ reoccuring option

give us a credit card, no? signing out of profile.

i cant even sign into xbox.com

i understand them stop letting me play online and all that

but i cant even play single player now

what are ur thoughts? what do you think i should do?

im gonna get a 12 month thing in a couple of days, i dont really care to much that my xbox is (kinda) unplayable, just WHY it is.

i-rock-socks
I'll say to you what I say to everyone else who runs into this,,,read the terms and conditions before you buy over the net....
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

Its nothing a simple phone call can't fix anyways, you don't have to make a thread about it. Just for next time.

adamlovesu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 adamlovesu
Member since 2010 • 829 Posts

never heard of this... eh another person jumping ship to ps3 because they have no patience... shame. this is why the ps3 has recieved a sales jump... not because its good... because 360 owners are getting pissed.

adamlovesu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 adamlovesu
Member since 2010 • 829 Posts
[QUOTE="franky_babylon"]

you sir have the most gs ive ever seen lol....
penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts

franky_babylon
you can turn off auto renewal you know ...