would a usb thumb drive help in this situation

This topic is locked from further discussion.

redhot_sauce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 redhot_sauce
Member since 2009 • 170 Posts

i have the 360 slim 4gb console. if i use a 4gb usb thumb drive...would i be able to install the extra content i have for some of my games( forza 3 ) onto that drive, and be able to use it?

i was thinking i could put the extra content on my usb drive,,,,and my game saves on the 4gb slim. would the 360 be able to read the extra content from the usb drive, and the 4gb slim for my game saves at the same time????

Patrickbrown56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 Patrickbrown56
Member since 2010 • 892 Posts

I don't 100% know, but I think that you could do that. However, rather than separating save games and DLC, I would say to use your 4gb harddrive and then use you 4gb flash drive for the beginning of the overflow. A lot of thumb drives have no problem playing content from them, while others may experience some lag and slower gameplay when using the flash drive. You're going to eventually need a new hard drive though, so I would maybe say to make that your next XBox purchase, even before any other games. It will just make your experience better.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 1

#3 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
Member since 2008 • 4403 Posts

If it works for you. Just remember where stuff is saved and also keep in mind that you can only use about 3.2 of 4 gigabytes on a standard flash drive.

Avatar image for DillPickleYummy
DillPickleYummy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DillPickleYummy
Member since 2010 • 99 Posts
get a bigger usb stick of possible, 16 gbs, as youll run out very quickly..... better yet just take your xbox back and get the 250gb. the 4gbs are a watse of time and space.
spaceninja818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 spaceninja818
Member since 2009 • 425 Posts

It will work. I installed the whole content disc onto a 16gb stick. But the load times will be longer and the game might freeze sometimes.