Won't let me download M rated demos...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Eldublay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Eldublay
Member since 2006 • 981 Posts
Its keeps saying something about my family settings. My family settings are set to download everthing. I really don't know what to do. Anyone have any advice. I'm of age to play M rated game btw.
Microdevine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Microdevine
Member since 2008 • 1126 Posts
had this same problem.you must have set a child account and said you were under 18.the family settings wont fix this.what i did was made a new account that i only use to download mature demos.cuz its not that big of a deal.silver accounts can still download everything gold can.
Eldublay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Eldublay
Thanks, yeah i did make the account when i was younger. Looks likeI'll have to wait a week to call the CoD:WaR.
-Mad_Rhetoric-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -Mad_Rhetoric-
Member since 2008 • 1765 Posts
you have to upgrade your child account to adult
Eldublay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Eldublay

you have to upgrade your child account to adult-Mad_Rhetoric-

And how do you do that.

-Mad_Rhetoric-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 -Mad_Rhetoric-
Member since 2008 • 1765 Posts

[QUOTE="-Mad_Rhetoric-"]you have to upgrade your child account to adultEldublay

And how do you do that.

you have to go under the system blade> user accounts or something heres a link - http://majornelson.com/archive/2007/11/30/child-account-graduation-and-changing-live-id-association.aspx

"Promote your Xbox LIVE child account to an adult account.
If you were not yet 18 when you signed up for Xbox LIVE, your account was designated a child account. Child accounts are tied to a parent's Windows Live ID to control Family Settings, and some features of Xbox LIVE are restricted. After you turn 18, (how about "Now, if you're over 18, or when you turn 18") you can promote your child account to an adult account. If you signed up for Xbox LIVE with a child account and have since turned 18, after the update you'll see a new option at the very top of the Account Management section of the dashboard. The 'Promote Child Account" will allow you to promote an Xbox LIVE account that is a child account to an adult account. This promotion removes the Family Settings and Xbox LIVE restrictions. To promote your account, you must agree again to the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use and marketing opt-ins. If a parent's credit card was on your account, you must also enter a new one to replace it. (Yes, you can use pre-paid Debit cards as well.)"

tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 tjoeb123
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

[QUOTE="-Mad_Rhetoric-"]you have to upgrade your child account to adultEldublay

And how do you do that.

When you turn 18, from Marketplace, go to Account Management, and at the top it should say something like "Graduate Account".

drummerboi43

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 drummerboi43
Member since 2007 • 132 Posts

you can just make another adult silver account, download the demos on that account...you can still play them on the childs account tho...

Eldublay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Eldublay
Sorry i just find it dumb that I can't download mature rated games when im 17. I made the account when i was 14, and i have to be 18. Is there anyway i can take that away, i mean come on now.
PanosXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PanosXMan
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

i just got a new windows live account and put 1990 as my birthyear but the promote option still wont come up

Zyllus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 Zyllus_
Member since 2008 • 1509 Posts

I have the same problem, you have to create a whole new account and set your birthdate so it says your over 18.
I didnt do that though because of my achievements, i dont play games for the achievements, but i didnt want all that hardwork to go to waste, so i got over it.