Wolfenstein - It's worth getting.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Enkeixpress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 Enkeixpress
Member since 2006 • 525 Posts

I've just spent the last 20 minutes watching some HD footage of it, and it seems to be worth getting in my opinion..

I'll most likely wait for it to hit the bargain bin though as I can already tell it's going to go there.. It's not getting enough sales to stay at such a high price..

But Yeah, It seems pretty cool, sort of CoD style sort of shooting.. & the graphics aren't half-bad either. They beat Half Life 2's graphics hands down..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xZ5czlqWqw

ShadowbladeXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ShadowbladeXx
Member since 2009 • 79 Posts

It Is worth getting.

But whatever you do...do NOT. Repeat...Do...NOT play multiplayer. It's very glitchy and full of errors. I tried playing it, my camera was glitching against the ground and my character was sliding across the surface always dying, Could not even shoot or aim. And it took him like 10 seconds just to throw a grenade. I HOPE that Activision will fix this error soon with an update.

skyyfox1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#3 skyyfox1
Member since 2003 • 13015 Posts

it is very good. i got the game and enjoy playing it. i am sure there will be a price drop on this game sometime in the next few months so yeah, get this game.

thirdykal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 thirdykal
Member since 2009 • 302 Posts

Rent it. I played through it (using a friend's disc), the campaign is really short (can be beaten in around 5 hours if you only collect around half the collectibles, like I did) and multiplayer from what I hear is pretty bad. Very fun while it lasts. Definitely worth a playthrough or two (once to unlock the hard difficulty and once to play the hard difficulty), but I can't imagine spending 60 bucks on it.

Robert9650

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Robert9650
Member since 2007 • 1103 Posts

I just beat Wolfenstein last night, man Hans Grosse was hard, I died a few times during that battle, but it is a fun game, I spent a lot of time looking for gold, intel, and tomes, and took on all of the side missions as well as the main missions. But it is a game definitly worth getting.

rp108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#6 rp108
Member since 2008 • 1743 Posts

I think the multiplayer is fun, the first couple matches I was in was real laggy but after that seemed pretty good.

lge777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lge777
Member since 2003 • 2507 Posts

With CoD:MW2 coming out and CoD:WaW the main XBL multplayer game there is just a Shooter overload. It's starting to get played out.

Jking98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Jking98
Member since 2003 • 1313 Posts

It Is worth getting.

But whatever you do...do NOT. Repeat...Do...NOT play multiplayer. It's very glitchy and full of errors. I tried playing it, my camera was glitching against the ground and my character was sliding across the surface always dying, Could not even shoot or aim. And it took him like 10 seconds just to throw a grenade. I HOPE that Activision will fix this error soon with an update.

ShadowbladeXx
The Online seemed just fine to me. I didnt have any problems like you had.
califone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 califone
Member since 2008 • 302 Posts

The game is fun, but full of glitches and has a clunky interface. Single-player has a forgettable story with forgettable characters, but I enjoy the weapon customization and looting. Unfortunately, the game does not apologize for corrupting saves and the multi-player is a lagfest with serious host-advantage. That's not mentioning the huge degradation in visual quality from SP to MP and the omission of most of what made the last multi worth playing. It came in a pocket when players could have used a break from Red Faction or right before the sprint to Christmas. Rent and save some money.

makchady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10 makchady
Member since 2007 • 1283 Posts

ive got a video review with plenty of gameplay footage posted here- youtube.com/user/imtylerdurden99

i basically said that the single player had excellent pacing that consistantly introduces you to new environments, weapons, and abilities and it's a ton of fun with a handful of memorable set pieces and good boss battles, but the ride is over with slightly too soon and you'll more than likely get your butt handed to you by the punishing normal difficulty on a few occasions. without a decent multiplayer, the game really lacks longevity, but the single player is without question worthy of a rental. final score, i believe, was an 8/10.

check out the review...also have batman arkham asylum, shadow complex, pinnacle station and plenty more to see as well.

con-jon12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 con-jon12
Member since 2009 • 30 Posts

Maybe, its just like CoD 5 clone.

con-jon12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 con-jon12
Member since 2009 • 30 Posts

Maybe, its just like CoD 5 clone.

Rafalski_d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Rafalski_d
Member since 2004 • 56 Posts

its so not worth buying lol rent it if anything, single player campaign is short enought to go thru with renting and online is terrible.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#14 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

When they first mentioned the game in OXM, it just didn't look like Wolfenstein to me. Return to Castle Wolfenstein looked more like Wolfenstein to me.

I think I was just a little annoyed by the concept of Nazi zombie ghosts - I mean I can see these superhuman enhanced soldiers that were in the original game, that sounds like something the Nazis would create, but ghosts...I dunno, they kinda lost me at that.

But does it play anything like the original? If it does, I would be interested.

d4v1dbow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 d4v1dbow13
Member since 2009 • 614 Posts

As a former owner of this title i would say DO NOT GET IT. Unless you like only playing single player because the multiplayer is broken. Also, they laid off the multiplayer dev team the day it launched so its never gonna get fixed i assume.

Doolz2024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#16 Doolz2024
Member since 2007 • 9623 Posts

I just beat Wolfenstein last night, man Hans Grosse was hard, I died a few times during that battle, but it is a fun game, I spent a lot of time looking for gold, intel, and tomes, and took on all of the side missions as well as the main missions. But it is a game definitly worth getting.

Robert9650

Nice Spoiler warning. :| Now I know who the last boss is going to be. Great.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#17 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts
[QUOTE="Doolz2024"]

[QUOTE="Robert9650"]

Wait, we don't know that was the final boss, it could just be a really tough mid-boss he was talkining about in particular.
DaveyBoy123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DaveyBoy123
Member since 2004 • 2216 Posts

Rent it. I played through it (using a friend's disc), the campaign is really short (can be beaten in around 5 hours if you only collect around half the collectibles, like I did) and multiplayer from what I hear is pretty bad. Very fun while it lasts. Definitely worth a playthrough or two (once to unlock the hard difficulty and once to play the hard difficulty), but I can't imagine spending 60 bucks on it.

thirdykal
this
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#19 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

I REALLY liked the game, but it's definitely not worth more than a rental. The mp component is terrible, and the sp is good for once through, but I doubt I would play it again.

On the plus side, I freakin love the weapons.. and a lot of the enemy designs are really cool. I think Raven really captured the spirit of Wolfenstein.

Robert9650

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Robert9650
Member since 2007 • 1103 Posts

[QUOTE="Doolz2024"]

[QUOTE="Robert9650"]

Ovirew

Wait, we don't know that was the final boss, it could just be a really tough mid-boss he was talkining about in particular.

Actually Hans Grosse is the last boss, you fight him at the end of the game, I didn't reveal everything about the game. so don't think I did reveal everything about the game.

Zemus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 Zemus
Member since 2003 • 9304 Posts

The Single Player is Fantastic.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

It was a good game but it seemed to me to be just CoD3 with some extra features. The veil powers were cool though. In my opinion Id could have done alot better.