Without Xbox live are these games worth buying?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

matt_cowart45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 matt_cowart45
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

I just bought a 360 and a 42 inch HD TV but I am currently w/out xbox live because my area does not have high speed internet yet, but I want to buy some of these new games, should I or would it be a waste of money without xbox live here are the games; (Crackdown, gears of war, ranbow six vegas, Call of duty 3, oblivion). and also is xbox live a must have to enjoy the 360 the most. thanks

Avatar image for superman15playe
superman15playe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 superman15playe
Member since 2006 • 698 Posts
oblivion for sure since its not live
-SiiLeNCE-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 -SiiLeNCE-
Member since 2006 • 2161 Posts
most deff gears and rainbow six!! use the time u dont have live to practice you'll need it =P
Mr_Iguanaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Mr_Iguanaman
Member since 2006 • 229 Posts

Well all xbox 360 games have live support (even if it's only content download) so buying all those games and not having live would feel like your paying full price for roughly half of the games' contents.

So, of course buy the games, that's what the system's for, but your really missing out on a lot by not having live.:?

UEG_HITMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 UEG_HITMAN
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
GEARS OF WAR OWNS!!!!!!!! BEST STORY LINE PLAY IT :) i also got a 42inch hi def and a 360 for X MAS
xbox365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xbox365
Member since 2003 • 208 Posts

I just bought a 360 and a 42 inch HD TV but I am currently w/out xbox live because my area does not have high speed internet yet, but I want to buy some of these new games, should I or would it be a waste of money without xbox live here are the games; (Crackdown, gears of war, ranbow six vegas, Call of duty 3, oblivion). and also is xbox live a must have to enjoy the 360 the most. thanks

matt_cowart45

Well, call of duty 3 and rainbow six vegas will be pointless without xbox live. And I'm pretty sure Gears of war but then again I dont have that game so I'm not sure.

Dead_Prophecy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Dead_Prophecy
Member since 2005 • 7305 Posts
just get oblivion and gears.
AbstractTerror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 AbstractTerror
Member since 2006 • 1212 Posts
Oblivion and Crackdown are worth buying since they are mainly single player (Oblivion is only SP). None of the other ones are worth getting without live.
ureolympichero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ureolympichero
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I've owned an Xbox 360 for about a year and a half and I connect to live with a dial-up connection so technically I'm not exactly in on the action. I'm not sure it's even buying a 360, no offense, if you don;t have Xbox Live. I mean, that's their selling point. If you take away Live from all those great games like Halo all you get is a great game instead of a legendary game. That's why I take pride in cursing myself out every morning for buying the damn thing anyway.
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
all of those games realy don't need live to play. crackdown u can connect with friends and play co op, oblivion u just ned to download things gears of war has a good single player theres also multiplayer. thats all of the games that i have played
Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#11 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
Oblivion, and Gears Of War.
fdsfgs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 fdsfgs
Member since 2008 • 1678 Posts
i dunno, yes, yes, yes, yes
destroyer360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 destroyer360
Member since 2007 • 549 Posts

all those are worth getting, xbox live is not a must but it gives you the full 360 experience and more bang for ur buck because of multiplayer

Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Squeets
Member since 2006 • 8185 Posts
Crackdown is an amazing game it will last a long time looking for orbs, and killing bosses... RB6V is a fun game, but the Single player won't last you... the multiplayer is amazing though and if you ever get live... it is a must have... I wasn't a fan of Gears of War, but it has an alright story... Oblivion is a must... that game is truly a masterpiece... Call of Duty 3 is the same as RB6... it is fun, but it won't last...
Squeets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Squeets
Member since 2006 • 8185 Posts

Crackdown is an amazing game it will last a long time looking for orbs, and killing bosses... RB6V is a fun game, but the Single player won't last you... the multiplayer is amazing though and if you ever get live... it is a must have... I wasn't a fan of Gears of War, but it has an alright story... Oblivion is a must... that game is truly a masterpiece... Call of Duty 3 is the same as RB6... it is fun, but it won't last...Squeets

Also live is an extremly good feature to have... I think if you ever get the oportunity to get it... you should... older games had amazing stories with a multiplayer mode added for people who finished the story... but more and more games are making the mulitplayer what the game is all about, there are even multiplayer only games now... if you get live you will not be disappointed... it adds a whole new level to gaming...

VoodooHak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 VoodooHak
Member since 2002 • 15989 Posts

all of the games you mentioned are great, even without Live. Splitscreen coop in Gears and Vegas make them worthwhile. Crackdown, CoD3 and Oblivions have great single player as well. You're fine with those games.

Of course, once you can, you should definitely get Live.

Eseyze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Eseyze
Member since 2008 • 462 Posts
Definitely go for Crackdown and Oblivion since you can enjoy them without LIVE as well as the others but these two feature great single player. I would also consider games made especially for single player such as RPGs like Lost Odyssey.
EskimoJoe33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 EskimoJoe33
Member since 2006 • 406 Posts
Mass Effect or Oblivion
AtlanticRock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#19 AtlanticRock
Member since 2007 • 8131 Posts

I can't live in my house without XBL...

Gears is good without online, but you'll want to wait til your town gets hi-speed internet because that game is 100x better with XBL.

Get Oblivion. some sports games if you're into sports. and Crackdown/Naruto/BioShock

Nocturnal15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Nocturnal15
Member since 2006 • 1476 Posts
Get rid of crackdown, gears of war, call of duty 3 rainbow six vegas from that list.. There are much better games especially since you wont be playing on live for who knows how long. I recommend Oblivion (GOTY edition), Mass Effect, Bioshock, Devil May Cry 4, Lost Odessy. Also like someone else said, if you are a sports fan then add that as well.
yentar480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 yentar480
Member since 2007 • 5066 Posts
definitely oblivion
ArsenicA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ArsenicA
Member since 2007 • 1446 Posts

Get rid of crackdown, gears of war, call of duty 3 rainbow six vegas from that list.. There are much better games especially since you wont be playing on live for who knows how long. I recommend Oblivion (GOTY edition), Mass Effect, Bioshock, Devil May Cry 4, Lost Odessy. Also like someone else said, if you are a sports fan thenlis add that as well.Nocturnal15

listen to this guy.... since u dont have live u should get SP games...

will_i_am_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 will_i_am_11
Member since 2007 • 98 Posts
its not worth buying gears and rainbow six without live.. thats my opinion
GamingThief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 GamingThief
Member since 2007 • 652 Posts
Gears of war single player mode is not that long. Games that have no multiplayer like Assassins Creed Mass Effect last alot longer then games with a multiplayer.
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

[QUOTE="Nocturnal15"]Get rid of crackdown, gears of war, call of duty 3 rainbow six vegas from that list.. There are much better games especially since you wont be playing on live for who knows how long. I recommend Oblivion (GOTY edition), Mass Effect, Bioshock, Devil May Cry 4, Lost Odessy. Also like someone else said, if you are a sports fan thenlis add that as well.ArsenicA

listen to this guy.... since u dont have live u should get SP games...

I agree, look more for single player games. look for multiplayer games once you have live or once you know when youll get live. all the games Nocturnal listed are must haves for a great single player experience.

allnamestaken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 allnamestaken
Member since 2003 • 6618 Posts
All are good and worth getting if you can IMO. Crackdown and Oblivion are great for offline.
DonMega187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 DonMega187
Member since 2007 • 1103 Posts
BUY SHADOWRUN
Avatar image for deactivated-5b20ffab69a6e
deactivated-5b20ffab69a6e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

#28 deactivated-5b20ffab69a6e
Member since 2006 • 1311 Posts
Oblivion is a great single player game that you can play. Gears of war is a pretty good game if you like shooting games. Other then that if you also like other games that aren't online like RPG's are also good to get.
LeFlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LeFlack
Member since 2004 • 78 Posts

Try and get games 2nd hand like off eBay or trade in's as most games are not worth £40 (or $60 is your in the US) for single player content. Oblivion is a great single player game, Rainbow 6 vegas has a great stroy line, Gears of War has a wicked story line, Assassins Creed is another very good single player game and maybe even the first need for speed on the 360 (can't remember the name) if your into driving games.

LeFlack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LeFlack
Member since 2004 • 78 Posts

BUY SHADOWRUNDonMega187

And no don't get shadowrun

-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts
oblivion for sure since its not livesuperman15playe
indeed, gears you can get alot of play from offline so id get that, CoD3 meh, crackdown you can probly get alot of play from offline aswell
mohfrontline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#32 mohfrontline
Member since 2007 • 5678 Posts
get Call of Duty 4 also.
wildwild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 wildwild
Member since 2004 • 1139 Posts
get oblivion, the game is long and fun.
Avatar image for Silentwarrior27
Silentwarrior27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Silentwarrior27
Member since 2005 • 357 Posts
Get Oblivion for sure and i say get Mass Effect also. Any "shooter" w/o xbox live i would rent for the single player.
hugonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hugonne
Member since 2007 • 130 Posts
Well, Oblivion is great if you really like RPGs, otherwise I don't recomend it. I woudl say Assassins's Creed and GOW are good options, cuz with the rest u definitely need Live to get the most out of the experience.
SpootyHead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SpootyHead
Member since 2005 • 2702 Posts
all of those games are good offline.
hugonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hugonne
Member since 2007 • 130 Posts

Well, Oblivion is great if you really like RPGs, otherwise I don't recomend it. I woudl say Assassins's Creed and GOW are good options, cuz with the rest u definitely need Live to get the most out of the experience.hugonne
And one more that's worth w/o Live: Bioshock...

aceball69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#38 aceball69
Member since 2007 • 413 Posts
oh yeah... i dont know about Crackdown or GOW but the other three are worth it.... but id go with COD 4 intead of 3! much better...
Josepiphus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Josepiphus
Member since 2003 • 571 Posts
They are all good games for SP. The only reason you'd need live is if you feel the need to be verbally abused by a ten year old who is a better gamer than you will ever be. lol
DonMega187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DonMega187
Member since 2007 • 1103 Posts

[QUOTE="DonMega187"]BUY SHADOWRUNLeFlack

And no don't get shadowrun

Why not? it has the best SP campaign I have ever played.