Witcher 3, Shadow of War, what games to play now?

blisterplaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By blisterplaster
Member since 2017 • 12 Posts

Hey! Please recommend me some games. Xbox kinda has limited games that I like in comparison to ps. (Got the xbox bc I prefer asymmetrical controllers and bc it's cheaper).

Anw, I like third person combat rpg in an open world type stuff :) I played The Witcher 3 (loved it) and Shadow of War (loved it). Also played Injustice 2 and didn't like it.

Recently got the Arkham series in the MS end of year sale and pre-ordered Monster Hunter World! But need more game recommendations! (for the sake of long term interest haha)

Oh yeah, if it helps, I'm not a fan of shooting games.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#2 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

3rd person action RPG you have great games like the Surge(sci-fi) and Dark Souls2/3, they are difficult though. The Surge has no online, but Dark Souls allows you to summon people for help.

If you enjoy games like Diablo 3, you should also check out Path of Exile which is a 100% free to play game(microtransaction are for cosmetics only). There are other games too in the genre, like Dark Arisen re-release from Capcom, I think that is what its called.

blisterplaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 blisterplaster

@Alucard_Prime: I saw dark souls too! Kinda got interested but i get discouraged if it's too difficult. Haha. What about elder scrolls? How does it compare to TW3? Is there magic to use like TW3? :p

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

@blisterplaster said:

@Alucard_Prime: I saw dark souls too! Kinda got interested but i get discouraged if it's too difficult. Haha. What about elder scrolls? How does it compare to TW3? Is there magic to use like TW3? :p

Oblivion is great, Skyrim is good.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@blisterplaster: Elder Scrolls is a high-profile RPG series, yes you can use magic, completely different style than W3 overall though, It's mostly played from the first person view although you can switch to 3rd person it doesn't work as well I find. Sorry I don't have time to go over the details of each, but you should check out video reviews and do further research if you are interested.

I enjoy both the Elder scrolls and Witcher 3, they are very different though in style, gameplay, dialogue system , etc. it's a very different approach but they are both huge games with lots of stuff to do, great stories. I'll say that the protagonist in Witcher 3(the guy you play as) he is more well defined and has more character, or charisma, than what you would find in Elder Scrolls. In Elder Scrolls, you create your own character and backstory, If I remember correctly(your character is not even voiced). In the W3, that part is set in stone although you do make your own decisions later on and at the start if you are not importing from previous saves.

blisterplaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By blisterplaster

@Alucard_Prime: Hmm... Sounds interesting!

Are there any other stuff I should check out on xbox? I feel like after checking out elder scrolls, I might not have much else to play haha :/

Alucrd2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By Alucrd2009
Member since 2007 • 787 Posts

I play everything , but wither is my favorite game of all time ^^ .

tonylogan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tonylogan007
Member since 2011 • 101 Posts

@Random_Matt said:
@blisterplaster said:

Oblivion is great, Skyrim is good.

Morrowind is the greatest