Windows media connect

This topic is locked from further discussion.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts

He people. I have one question. my x360 is connected wireless to my router. the connection works fine with gaming and downloading. I tried the windows media connect function but it doesnt work> my PC can see the xbox but my xbox CAN'T see my PC. does anyone know what I should do? is it even possible with a wireless connection?

thanks

Infernoply

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Infernoply
Member since 2006 • 3012 Posts
i have the same problem with my wired connection
vitriolboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 vitriolboy
Member since 2005 • 4356 Posts
I use Windows Media Player 11 as media connect is built in, you just add your 360 to the shared list and it works fine, no problems
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 killerfist

I use Windows Media Player 11 as media connect is built in, you just add your 360 to the shared list and it works fine, no problemsvitriolboy

Tried that. didnt work for me. as said my PC (mediaplayer, windows media connect) has my 360 on the shared list but my 360 cant find my pc

vitriolboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 vitriolboy

[QUOTE="vitriolboy"]I use Windows Media Player 11 as media connect is built in, you just add your 360 to the shared list and it works fine, no problemskillerfist

Tried that. didnt work for me. as said my PC (mediaplayer, windows media connect) has my 360 on the shared list but my 360 cant find my pc

What does it say when you test network settings? Go to the system blade, network settings and test network connection. Is it through a router or ICS?

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 killerfist
[QUOTE="killerfist"]

[QUOTE="vitriolboy"]I use Windows Media Player 11 as media connect is built in, you just add your 360 to the shared list and it works fine, no problemsvitriolboy

What does it say when you test network settings? Go to the system blade, network settings and test network connection. Is it through a router or ICS?

when I test my connection with xboxlive everything works. when I test my Pc connection he says ''cant find any windows based PC's''. It should be on the same network though.

vitriolboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 vitriolboy
check the ip addresses are all consistent so they all belong to the same network
Radiozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Radiozo
Member since 2006 • 2413 Posts
Turn of windows built-in firewall.
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 killerfist

check the ip addresses are all consistent so they all belong to the same network vitriolboy

lol I tried what you said. Now I cant even connect to XBL.

vitriolboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 vitriolboy

[QUOTE="vitriolboy"]check the ip addresses are all consistent so they all belong to the same network killerfist

lol, not sure what to suggest next, I'd say phone Xbox support but they just read off a screen and don't really know whats what

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 killerfist
[QUOTE="killerfist"]

[QUOTE="vitriolboy"]check the ip addresses are all consistent so they all belong to the same network vitriolboy

lol, not sure what to suggest next, I'd say phone Xbox support but they just read off a screen and don't really know whats what

yeah well Ill reboot everything and see if I can connect to XBL again. when yes I never touch the settings again lol>

anyway thanks for helping

joshuarocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 joshuarocker
Member since 2006 • 603 Posts

Stupid question, buthave you alreadydownloaded the file from xbox.com? After that make sure you have windows media center open on your PC and your PC is on. If none of that works I would go back to xbox.com and try the installation process again.

Is your computer older? If its a slower computer then it may not work.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 killerfist

Stupid question, buthave you alreadydownloaded the file from xbox.com? After that make sure you have windows media center open on your PC and your PC is on. If none of that works I would go back to xbox.com and try the installation process again.

joshuarocker

what file do you mean? you mean the media conect download? or the 06update? Ive updated my console and tried both media connect and mediaplayer11 (which has media sharing included). nothing works. my PC isnt that old about a year I think. not the fastest PC but it should work I guess

Felix-Legions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Felix-Legions
Member since 2003 • 1194 Posts

I'm having the exact same problem.

I'm trying to connect windows media player 11 to the xbox. All the ports that need to be opened are opened. My computer can see my xbox fine and I enabled media sharing in WMP. When I go turn on the xbox the xbox cannot connect to my PC.

The xbox is on the same subnet as my computer. UPnP and WMP connect and all that jazz are enabled. Downloaded the .net Framework. Windows firewall, Norton, and Zone Alarm are all disabled and it still will not work.

I called Xbox technical support twice and both times I talked to supervisors. Both of them hung up on me.

I have no idea what to do.

satan112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 satan112
Member since 2003 • 215 Posts

I had this issue when I was using ZoneAlarm Firewall, I added the IP range of my wireless router to the trusted zone and it worked straight away.

It's most likely a firewall issue because the 360 is being blocked access to the PC but not vice versa.

Felix-Legions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Felix-Legions

I had this issue when I was using ZoneAlarm Firewall, I added the IP range of my wireless router to the trusted zone and it worked straight away.

It's most likely a firewall issue because the 360 is being blocked access to the PC but not vice versa.

satan112

But all my firewalls were disabled :cry:

joshuarocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 joshuarocker
Member since 2006 • 603 Posts
[QUOTE="joshuarocker"]

killerfist

what file do you mean? you mean the media conect download? or the 06update? Ive updated my console and tried both media connect and mediaplayer11 (which has media sharing included). nothing works. my PC isnt that old about a year I think. not the fastest PC but it should work I guess

Xbox 360 Media Download Center

Try everything listed on the link.

also try this. http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/winfamily/mediacenter/xbox360.mspx

good luck.

razial65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 razial65
Member since 2002 • 147 Posts
I had the same problem. It ended up being my firewall. Had to add an exception to let media connect in and out. Also try rebooting your pc and connecting after disabling firewall. If you turn off firewall after trying to connect you will still be blocked untill you reboot.
SUKMAIPAGODA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SUKMAIPAGODA
Member since 2002 • 86 Posts
I had a similar problem, I shut down my firewall, and I believe there is an option on the 360 that tells you to search for a computer, and that's how I got mine connected.
Felix-Legions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Felix-Legions
What firewalls did you two guys have?
pyrobrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 pyrobrand
Member since 2005 • 516 Posts
[QUOTE="satan112"]

Felix-Legions

The firewalls from your antivirus program AND your built-in windows firewalls?
Felix-Legions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Felix-Legions
[QUOTE="Felix-Legions"][QUOTE="satan112"]

pyrobrand

The firewalls from your antivirus program AND your built-in windows firewalls?

Yes sir.