Will you be getting the Xbox 720?

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for CaptainGamespot
CaptainGamespot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 CaptainGamespot
Member since 2013 • 616 Posts

If my group of friends migrate to it like they did with the 360 then absolutely.The_Power_of_X

be a leader, not a follower.

wazzap76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 wazzap76
Member since 2012 • 293 Posts

No I will not be. Based on what they've been doing for the last two years and their direction with the 360 I wouldn't be willing to buy the next one.  That's not even including the fact from what I heard of the machine through the rumor mill, it is not appealing at all.  Kinect built in? No thank you. Allways online? No thank you. Pay to play and the right to use apps? No thank you. Ads on a premium payed service? No now you can just go fu ck yourselves.

Inferi-Fang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Inferi-Fang
Member since 2012 • 78 Posts
Definitely at some point. Also might get a Wii U too.
buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 buccomatic
Member since 2005 • 1941 Posts

IDK what to expect from M$ but am looking into the PS4 cause have PS3 and had a 360.

ghost_1919

i will get one IF:

it doesn't have always online have to be connected DRM

it doesn't block or alter used games (purchased or sold)

it doesn't spy on me through kinect

it runs at 60 fps in every game with all settings at ultra/max.

the controller doesn't suck. i lke the 360 controller asit is but wouldn't mind having them change the trigger to where the index fingers are and then drop the bumper button down to where the middle fingers are. 

if the 720 has what i listed then yes i'm going to get one. if it doesn't have what i listen then no i won't be getting one.

PokeCrysis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 PokeCrysis
Member since 2013 • 40 Posts
I might get it mid-way through it's life cycle but there is no way that I'm going to buy it in the first year and pay £500 for the console and £80 for a game. Hellz no.
youngmurk911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#56 youngmurk911
Member since 2004 • 3895 Posts

probably

Green_Chaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#57 Green_Chaos
Member since 2008 • 366 Posts

If Microsoft gets their hands out of their packages and allow us to play pre-owned games, yes. If they continue to keep their hands where it is and not allow people to play pre-owned games on the next gen, then no.

Avatar image for Lord_OfThe_Sith
Lord_OfThe_Sith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Lord_OfThe_Sith
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Not at launch. given all that Microsoft is doing with the Xbox 720. I'll wait and see the results of Microsoft's experiments. Only being able to use 1 game on a single console. Blocking used games. Always on internet connection required.

But what did in my launch purchase was manatory kinect V2. I have no use for kinect. Didn't buy the first one. There are no decent games that use kinect. Kinect is just not that great for videogames. Unless you like dance central.

So having Kinect V2 mandatory in Xbox 720. Seals it. I will not be buying at launch. I wait and see the result of these experiments with Xbox 720.

Megavideogamer
I love how everyone is clinging to the always on connection and one game one console. If your XBOX has a WiFi connection or is attached to a Ethernet cable you're always online now. This doesn't mean you are paying for GOLD just that you are attached. Second there have been a handful of articles about this whole one game one console idea. As it appears that SONY has no intension of this and XBOX has very few if any exclusive games, they are not going to cut their noses off to spite their faces. Unless SONY adopts this policy it will not happen. While Kinect will be there it will not be used on every game your purchase. I am not nuts about it identifying me as a particular Gamertag, but I sign in now to save my games anyway. Yes, there were many red rings of death in the beginning but MS seems to be past that. I have had my XBOX since 2009 without one issue. And before anyone says I must not play much between me and my son the machine sees 5 - 7 hours of daily use. Don't count out the XBOX before we have any MS release info on it.
tionmedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 tionmedon
Member since 2006 • 468 Posts

yes i`m getting one

premanna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 premanna
Member since 2004 • 316 Posts

will be getting one to play my 360 games and bluray :cool:

ZHONGTIAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 ZHONGTIAN
thing shouts poverty, stupidity, poor decision making skills, and just overall trashiness quite like smoking a cigarette
kingrich06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 110

#63 kingrich06
Member since 2006 • 5403 Posts
I probably will. I wait awhile to,build up games collections tho
jlevin860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 jlevin860
Member since 2009 • 818 Posts

i'm expecting microsoft not to have the DRM always online or block used game sales. before the ps4 was announced they were saying the same thing that ps4 would block used game sales... and it didn't happen. 

the big question for me is if it will have backwards compatibility, and if the new ps4 will have party chat and a revamped friend system. all my buddies play xbox but i do prefer some of playstation's exclusives... it would be great if they had no real incentive to jump to the 720 rather than ps4... but i'm expecting them all to get xbox. 

i'm only planning on getting only one console next gen, after having 360/ps3 and even the wii for a while, i can say at least for myself that i only need one console if my buddies are playing with me. some people like access to lots of exclusives, but playing a few good multiplayer games with 4-6 buddies is most fun i have while playing. 

DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#65 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts

I'm not interested in the PS4 for now. Besides I didn't get a 360 until 3 years after its release, same for PS3. So, I can hold on to current gen until I'm convinced into getting the new Xbox.

RealKilla_789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#66 RealKilla_789
Member since 2007 • 3669 Posts

May be. We'll see what they offer.

CursedChamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 CursedChamp
Member since 2013 • 485 Posts
With what I have been hearing about the new Xbox, I doubt that I will purchase one.
SpideR_CentS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#70 SpideR_CentS
Member since 2006 • 4766 Posts

The past couple generations I bought all the systems. I'm getting a little older now and have little to no time sadly to play. I am going to wait until they all come out and decide if its PS4, 720 or PC next gen...

wuhou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 wuhou
SWG is a SystemWars offshoot that focuses on Gamespot users correctly or incorrectly predicting score outcomes for any said game across any platform
ElPadilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 ElPadilla
Member since 2007 • 609 Posts

How can I answer that question when it hasn't even been revealed yet?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#73 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

How can I answer that question when it hasn't even been revealed yet?

ElPadilla
yup, same here
JSmalt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 JSmalt
Costs wayyyy too much, current gen consoles are fine.
PipeBigboss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#77 PipeBigboss
Member since 2006 • 213 Posts

In theory it can't get a virus but never say never, if it is laggy could be few factors, a bad update for example. Happens every time??

wazzap76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 wazzap76
Member since 2012 • 293 Posts

Microsoft rubbed me the wrong way this generation so no I will not be buying a the new xbox.

-Water-Wings-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 -Water-Wings-
Member since 2006 • 1099 Posts

I think I'm gonna stick with my 360 for a bit and see how the next gen consoles stack up. Also depends on the price. I may wait awhile for the price to go down.

EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#80 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

I would be getting it IF there are no "travesties" like it doesnt allow used games, or requires a constant internet connection, or requires Kinekt or some such crap.