Will I still like Mass Effect if I don't like RPGs?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nad_oh_henry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Nad_oh_henry
Member since 2003 • 555 Posts
I don't really like RPG games, but i really like the way Mass Effect looks, it looks more action oriented and the graphics are amazing, the story's suposed to be real good and everyone seems to put it on their list of fav 360 games. I just got a 360 and i'm wondering whether I should pick this game up or not, any thoughts?
gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11997 Posts
You may not like it. Rent it.
Avatar image for xchiefmegadethx
xchiefmegadethx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 xchiefmegadethx
Member since 2008 • 640 Posts
I don't really like RPG games, but i really like the way Mass Effect looks, it looks more action oriented and the graphics are amazing, the story's suposed to be real good and everyone seems to put it on their list of fav 360 games. I just got a 360 and i'm wondering whether I should pick this game up or not, any thoughts?Nad_oh_henry
I love it and i dont really like RPGs!this is the first RPG i finished
Avatar image for insane_metalist
insane_metalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#4 insane_metalist
Member since 2006 • 7797 Posts
That's what i said. Played it at friend's house and didn't like it.
badhoagie91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 badhoagie91
Member since 2007 • 731 Posts

I hate turn-based RPGs with a passion and mass effect is one of my favorite games

btw its more of a shooter then anything.

BrokenKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BrokenKnight
Member since 2006 • 704 Posts
The only true rpg elements in this game is the ability to customize your stats. Other than that, it's really more of a 3rd person shooter
Ayessua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Ayessua
Member since 2008 • 272 Posts
Depends why you don't like RPG's. If it's because the lenghty story and conversations then you won't like Mass Effect I think.
Ravi_1900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Ravi_1900
Member since 2006 • 977 Posts

I don't really like RPG games, but i really like the way Mass Effect looks, it looks more action oriented and the graphics are amazing, the story's suposed to be real good and everyone seems to put it on their list of fav 360 games. I just got a 360 and i'm wondering whether I should pick this game up or not, any thoughts?Nad_oh_henry

Mass Effect is pure RPG if you dont like RPG's anyone even those JRPG's Mass Effect has all of those features you might not like it. But if you wanna dive in RPG genre this is the correct game Oblivion and Lost Odyssey are for more hardcore RPG gamers.

nahmean187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 nahmean187
Member since 2008 • 640 Posts

i think ull like it. u have to get into the rpg/leveling up stuff but the gameplay is actually really fun w/ aall the shooting and biotic stuff. once u get used to it all its a blasst.

shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
You may like it. I'm not a fan of RPG's either. I gave Mass Effect a shot and surprisingly, I actually enjoyed it and the story as well. My only advice is to not play it at the end of the day when you are tired because it will put you to sleep lol.. The action is great though and that's what sold me on this title. So give it a rent for now (not sure if a demo is available).
RababaWinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RababaWinner
Member since 2003 • 161 Posts

Like another user said if you don't like lengthy conversations then ME might not be for you. That being said, the story and voice acting are superb and really draw you in.

The combat is fundamentally a fps, with the ability to customize your weapons/armor/etc. There's no multiplayer/co-op so if that's important to you, you could probably spend your money better somewhere else (i.e. The Orange Box!).

It's without question one of the greatest games I've ever played... but then again I love rpgs. Probably rent it first, or borrow it from a friend.

Cheers

cheames748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cheames748
Member since 2007 • 667 Posts

Like another user said if you don't like lengthy conversations then ME might not be for you. That being said, the story and voice acting are superb and really draw you in.

The combat is fundamentally a fps, with the ability to customize your weapons/armor/etc. There's no multiplayer/co-op so if that's important to you, you could probably spend your money better somewhere else (i.e. The Orange Box!).

It's without question one of the greatest games I've ever played... but then again I love rpgs. Probably rent it first, or borrow it from a friend.

Cheers

RababaWinner
its fundamentally fps apart from the third person view eh? clever. but anyway, i really am not a fan of RPGs, but mass effect is one of my favourite games on the 360. only reason i stopped playing it was because i'd played through it 3 times.
InjuredNoodle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 InjuredNoodle
Member since 2006 • 1077 Posts

It does have some long conversations, that might put you off. Also, the combat system is real sluggish. It tries to be a Ghost Recon, but fails miserably.

Ignite2k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 Ignite2k3
Member since 2004 • 452 Posts
read my review on the game. If you like shooters, you can turn the game into a shooter (not purely, you still sustomise stats and use skills). If you like using magic, you can play the whole game through using magic and taking your time to think like an RPG. its a great game, unlike any rpgs, unless you totally HATE customising your characters..
Kentisc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Kentisc
Member since 2008 • 469 Posts

It's pretty much like a shooter but then with some spells and abilities and stuff.
It's one of my favorite games and I can't get enough of it because you can play it in alot of different ways.

fmobliv06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 1

#16 fmobliv06
Member since 2006 • 2429 Posts

It does have some deep RPG elements to it, but it plays a lot like a mash-up of GRAW2 and Gears of War with some Force-esque powers thrown in for good measure. You could play the entire game like a shooter, but you will still need to upgrade your character every once in a while.

ME has one of the best stories I've ever seen in a game, and it's my favorite 360 game overall.

Nad_oh_henry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Nad_oh_henry
Member since 2003 • 555 Posts
alrght cool, ill prob try it out first then