Will any game ( on 360) Trump GTAIV ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ollie456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 0

#1 ollie456
Member since 2007 • 143 Posts
Man, this was an EXCELLENT game and i would consider it best ever. But, gaming is at a turning point I personally think and its for the better. Gears of War 2 has potential and who knows? there could be many better games coming around the corner adn 360 still has a pretty long life until it moves on to somthing else.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
Popularity and sales wise i doubt it. In my personal opinion Fallout 3,Fable 2,and a few jrpgs might trump it for best IMO.
LeviLRP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LeviLRP
Member since 2008 • 751 Posts

Popularity and sales wise i doubt it. In my personal opinion Fallout 3,Fable 2,and a few jrpgs might trump it for best IMO. craigalan23

What? As far as I know GTA4 still has not beaten Halo 3 in sales and most definitely not in popularity. No I am not a Halo fanboy, I did not think that Halo 3 was as good as it could have been, but I just don't think this game has beaten that game yet. If I am wrong some one please prove me wrong. I want to be wrong as this game deserves the hype waaaaayyyy more than Halo 3 did.

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

[QUOTE="craigalan23"]Popularity and sales wise i doubt it. In my personal opinion Fallout 3,Fable 2,and a few jrpgs might trump it for best IMO. LeviLRP

What? As far as I know GTA4 still has not beaten Halo 3 in sales and most definitely not in popularity. No I am not a Halo fanboy, I did not think that Halo 3 was as good as it could have been, but I just don't think this game has beaten that game yet. If I am wrong some one please prove me wrong. I want to be wrong as this game deserves the hype waaaaayyyy more than Halo 3 did.

GTAIV shatters records with $500M in week-one salesNew! I'm pretty sure it did. Also Halo 3 was a great solid shooter people overhyped it and so they hated it. I never overhyped it and enjoy it a lot.

judas-savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 judas-savior
Member since 2005 • 417 Posts
Halo 3 was a console exclusive, GTAIV was not.

Based on the 360 alone, Halo 3 won.
jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts
GTAIV was good, but despite all the shiny new graphics, it didn't add much else new. In fact most of the missions were pretty damn boring. There were about 10 memorable ones out of what, 130? TBH Sain'ts Row did a better job at mission design, that's not saying SR is better, but (and don't flame me please) they're not too far off from one another. I've got to admit, it's a technical feat, and I love the new driving system, but the cover system is clunky, and even the on foot movement system can screw you over when in big shootouts. The story and characters really bring it up a notch though, truly memorable, but it's still not enough, far from being enough to warrant it a 10/10. I think a solid 9.0, or 9.1/10 is being fair.
julianwelton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 julianwelton
Member since 2006 • 2526 Posts

Man, this was an EXCELLENT game and i would consider it best ever. But, gaming is at a turning point I personally think and its for the better. Gears of War 2 has potential and who knows? there could be many better games coming around the corner adn 360 still has a pretty long life until it moves on to somthing else.ollie456

Dude Fallout 3, Fable 2, Gears 2, Force Unleashed, and etc. will all be better, but probably will not beat it in sales.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#9 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Ninja Gaiden2 will be the only game i think this year that could beat gta (:

Shas02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Shas02
Member since 2007 • 299 Posts

Madden!

/flees

No, but GoW2 might have a shot, maybe Alan Wake (took so damn long) or Alone in the Dark.

seeker512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 seeker512
Member since 2007 • 211 Posts
Yeah.. GTA V.....:roll:
Lizardking006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 Lizardking006
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
uh..... yeah i think so, whats the game called again oh yeah GEARS OF WAR 2 baby
davor89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 davor89
Member since 2007 • 57 Posts
Many games are going to surpass GTA4 in a sense of fun, because I prefer a different genre of games, so this question is a personal thing. I like GTA4 and it's a great game but would rather play Mass Effect if I had to choose, both great, but different games. One needs to find out what one likes, there is nothing else to it. Technically GTA4 is a astonishing game, but the most important thing is if you are having fun while playing it, so if GTA4 is the most fun you can have with a game than nothing can top it, if not, than there are a hole pile of games coming out which can. :D
Jaforbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Jaforbe
Member since 2008 • 817 Posts
Maybe RE5. But really the system is still young so there could be tons of titles to beat it that we havent even heard of yet.
gdizzle4545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 gdizzle4545
Member since 2007 • 109 Posts

dude the only game that would ever have a chance at beating GTAIV will be MGS4!

oh wait... thats on the ps3. ok then nevermind no game as a chance.

ha jk

DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts
Personally, im looking forward to see how Saints Row 2, Fable 2 and Mercenairies World in flames will handle themselves
Ruckuskromm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Ruckuskromm
Member since 2005 • 65 Posts

Yeah.. GTA V.....:roll:seeker512

Yup...GTA 5 will probably do it. Maybe Gears 2, but then again it doesn't have the same following. I mean I loved Gears and all but I'm at a point I can handle the wait for part 2. While GTA IV, I couldn't wait to get my hands on it.

Halo 4 (if they ever plan to do make it) maybe, but I have my doubts since allot of people were disappointed with 3. At least I was. I felt like I was playing a upscaled Xbox 1 game. Oh yeah RE5, has a good chance. RE4 rocked.

EMOEVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 EMOEVOLUTION
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts
Unlike many people I do not think GTAIV is pinacle of gaming achievement. There are several games all ready available that I know are better than GTAIV. OF course people are allowed to enjoy/like GTAIV, but it's just another shooter game with improved graphics. Untill I see something truely revolutionary I won't be impressed.
ag3ntz3rox0x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#20 ag3ntz3rox0x
Member since 2007 • 1534 Posts
GTA IV was a great game but unlike the previous gtas, it gets boring once youve beaten it and also online it takes forever to find a match , and online just isnt that much fun. i gave it a 9.5 simply because of the single player story. but gears of war 2, fable 2, fallout 3. will al be better i think.
APOLLOCJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 APOLLOCJD
Member since 2007 • 2311 Posts

Man, this was an EXCELLENT game and i would consider it best ever. But, gaming is at a turning point I personally think and its for the better. Gears of War 2 has potential and who knows? there could be many better games coming around the corner adn 360 still has a pretty long life until it moves on to somthing else.ollie456

This is really all about personal preference. I think GTA IV is a great game, but to be honest it wasnt my most anticipated game this year so to even call it the best I don't know if I could. People are gonna love and hate different games so of course there might be something better to a specific user.

Sales wise that is a different story and I am not sure if anything will beat GTA IV's sales records any time soon.

PS: My most anticipated games are Gears of War 2 and Fallout 3

mike04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 mike04
Member since 2003 • 348 Posts

I doubt ther wud be any game better than GTAIV, i mean look at the size of that map population. and am a big fan of GOW too, I personally think GTAIV will be better, and we have to wait for GOW2 to come out i can't wait to play it!!!

harblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 harblock
Member since 2008 • 109 Posts

yes i feel that it will be trumped, kinda hard to say which game will but i feel that fable 2, gears of war2, fall out 3 have good chances, i havent baught gta4 and i prolly wont im wait for battlefield bad company and fall out and fable

Avatar image for Co0kieMonsterxX
Co0kieMonsterxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Co0kieMonsterxX
Member since 2008 • 717 Posts
When I am playing GTA IV I don't feel like I am playing the best game ever made. Its a good break from all the FPS's that blur together after a while but I don't think its anything special. Gameplay wise I think this game can and already has been "trumped".
capthavic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 capthavic
Member since 2003 • 6478 Posts

Popularity and sales wise i doubt it. craigalan23

Yeah there is no chance of that. As for GOTY IMO its way too early to pick but barring the unforseen I think GTA 4 has it pretty much in the bag.

JJpenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 JJpenguin
Member since 2006 • 955 Posts
Seems fairly short sighted to assume GTA will be unsurpassed. I get more interested in new concepts (like mass effect was) than sequels (like gears 2) but the market doesn't seem to agree
GSU28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 GSU28
Member since 2007 • 1608 Posts

I won't vote and instead I will say maybe. GTA IV is one of the best if not the single best game I have ever played. It is improbable that a game will top it, but not impossible. Maybe Gears of War 2 will blow GTA IV away. I doubt it, but stranger things have happened.

Edit: I am looking forward to Fallout 3 a lot, but I doubt it will be as critcally successful or in terms of sales figures. I am an RPG junkey and a Bethesda fanatic, so I will most likely like Fallout 3 more than GTA IV.

eddy5791

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 eddy5791
Member since 2004 • 986 Posts

Unlike many people I do not think GTAIV is pinacle of gaming achievement. There are several games all ready available that I know are better than GTAIV. OF course people are allowed to enjoy/like GTAIV, but it's just another shooter game with improved graphics. Untill I see something truely revolutionary I won't be impressed.EMOEVOLUTION

name ONE game that can compare to GTA IV

there isn't. there's just so many details crammed in that game that makes it unlike any other. $100 million wasn't spent just to make it "another shooter game with improved graphics"

gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29 gta4_2112
Member since 2007 • 3270 Posts
no
DeathStar17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#30 DeathStar17
Member since 2005 • 4858 Posts
Yeah, hopefully. After playing GTA IV I was stunned it got a 10...
Avatar image for DoomBringer2010
DoomBringer2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 DoomBringer2010
Member since 2006 • 649 Posts
ya i think there definately will be a better game than GTA4 in this yr and next yr and the yr after that, i mean come on the graphics arent even that good and the ai sucks, the games that hav the best chanceare GEOW2,RES5,Ninja Gaiden 2,Splinter Cell Convivtion,Left 4 Dead,Fable 2,Fallout 3 and so on this game will be trumped sooner or later
Trickshot771

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Trickshot771
Member since 2005 • 12686 Posts
It depends in which way. In sales and popularity, probably not. In quality? Absolutely. I think plently of games are better than GTAIV.