Why the Xbox One used game system makes since for the new generation

This topic is locked from further discussion.

greenman123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 greenman123
Member since 2002 • 92 Posts

The used game market is scam run by companies like GameStop when it comes to new releases. I mean come on $54.99 for a new release and none of that revenue goes to the developer/publisher. The gaming public wonders why so many developers are shutting down recently(THQ,38 studios) This is one of the main reasons. Microsoft is doing the right thing by at least trying to protect the industry and its partners from this huge problem, because I think we all forgot sometimes that is not just Microsoft or Sony that loses money in this, it is everybody that was involved in the project. I do agree that there should be limited sharing of discs allowed between friends, but overall this makes since.

buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 buccomatic
Member since 2005 • 1941 Posts

The used game market is scam run by companies like GameStop when it comes to new releases. I mean come on $54.99 for a new release and none of that revenue goes to the developer/publisher. The gaming public wonders why so many developers are shutting down recently(THQ,38 studios) This is one of the main reasons. Microsoft is doing the right thing by at least trying to protect the industry and its partners from this huge problem, because I think we all forgot sometimes that is not just Microsoft or Sony that loses money in this, it is everybody that was involved in the project. I do agree that there should be limited sharing of discs allowed between friends, but overall this makes since.

greenman123
BULLSHIT!
Burner4444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Burner4444
Member since 2008 • 26 Posts
What about GameFly? This would put them out of business and Red Box could no longer rent games
Avatar image for shinemeku_basic
shinemeku_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 shinemeku_basic
Member since 2002 • 1302 Posts

what you fail to realize is that microsoft says it is only giving you permission to used the disk ,your paying $60 for the PERSMISSION to use the game, if anyone alse wants to play the game you already bought, they have pay again full price before they can use your disk. check it out in gametrailers.com, ridiculous.

Lulekani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Lulekani
Member since 2012 • 2318 Posts
Yeah, I didn't get into gaming to exercise common sense or Logic, so to hell with this. . . . I'm going home.
JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts
make since? Not sure I can dumb myself down enough to understand..
Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
Yeah, I didn't get into gaming to exercise common sense or Logic, so to hell with this. . . . I'm going home.Lulekani
Amen.
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#8 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

what you fail to realize is that microsoft says it is only giving you permission to used the disk ,your paying $60 for the PERSMISSION to use the game, if anyone alse wants to play the game you already bought, they have pay again full price before they can use your disk. check it out in gametrailers.com, ridiculous.

shinemeku_basic

Yeah, this is just putting us one step closer to full digital media content(music,movies,games,books)...the companies will have total control over your purchases.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MarcRecon

make sense? Not sure I can dumb myself down enough to understand..JKnaperek

:P

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MarcRecon

Yeah, I didn't get into gaming to exercise common sense or Logic, so to hell with this. . . . I'm going home.Lulekani

:lol:

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#11 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
"This makes since"? I don't think it makes any sense at all.
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

There is no excuse for making people pay extra to play a used game on console.  In other words, people are going to have pay a place like Gamestop $55, and then pay even more just to access the game itself.  The online pass was one thing, but paying to access games themselves is stupid. 

JohnFifteen12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JohnFifteen12
Member since 2012 • 205 Posts

greenman123

:roll:

The used game market is not a scam by any stretch of the imagination, and if developers and publishers are crying about lost revenue due to used games now, just wait until they see what happens when they attempt to restrict gamers ability to play used games.

Devs and publishers are playing with fire, and they are going to get burned. Badly.

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts

[QUOTE="greenman123"]

JohnFifteen12

:roll:

The used game market is not a scam by any stretch of the imagination, and if developers and publishers are crying about lost revenue due to used games now, just wait until they see what happens when they attempt to restrict gamers ability to play used games.

Devs and publishers are playing with fire, and they are going to get burned. Badly.

What will happen? Absolutely nothing...Developers and publishers don't see any revenue generated from used game sales. The only revenues that could be seen would be by MS and the purchase of their console to play those used games. Even so, consoles can be bought used, in which case no money would go towards MS or its publishers and developers. You do understand that money is required to make games right? Used game and console sales prohibit studios from getting the money necessary to continue projects. People who buy used games and consoles take this for granted. They think they're contributing something to the industry and the development of new games, which they aren't. The only way one could think it somewhat makes sense if if a used game purchaser is indirectly contributing to the purchase of the game by giving money to gamestop who in turn gives money to a person trading in their brand new copy of a game who bought it new at the store. Even that is fuzzy logic though.