Why no more games from Lost Odyssey/Blue Dragon makers?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 0

#1 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

M$ should continue those two jrpg series imo. I really enjoyed Lost Odyssey and same with Blue Dragon, sure they didnt sell super well but they have somewhat of a cult following.

Anyone else that would enjoy a sequel to Lsot Odyssey or Blue Dragon?
I had alot of fun with those two games when they came out.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#2 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
I'd love to see another Mistwalker game, even though I know it'll never happen. They're still the two best callbacks to JRPGs of previous generations.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
You answered your own question, those games were designed in an attempt to get MS a foot hold in Japan, which based on recent news, you see hasn't exactly worked out.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

it'd be nice to have a Lost Odyssey 2, but Mistwalker kinda gave Microsoft the middle finger. They've been working with Nintendo since Blue Dragon came out.

natedogr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 natedogr
Member since 2007 • 179 Posts
I enjoyed playing Blue Dragon, but a lot of Americans never tried it. JRPGs tend to not be as popular as action rpgs (such as Fable or Mass Effect) in the U.S.
Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts
It probably doesn't help that the co-developering companies working with Mistwalker just started releasing crap. The co-developer for Cry On ended up releasing the wonderful Bullet Witch and the co-developer of Lost Odyssey ended up with Vampire Rain. If I was them I don't think I would want to work with the developer that released Bullet Witch, but really it is more because of the fact their games are called Final Fantasy and were exclusive to a Microsoft system. Those were really the only two problems the games had. And they didn't really give Microsoft the middle finger. It is closer to them giving AQ Interactive the middle finger considering they co-developed both of the 360 games. I would still like to see more console games from them. I haven't beaten Lost Odyssey, but I did beat Blue Dragon and plan to play through it again eventually. Great games and it sucks because there is a huge lack of them not only on the 360, but on consoles in general.
aaronikiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 aaronikiss
Member since 2004 • 661 Posts

I loved Blue Dragon. Haven't played Lost Odyssey yet, though I'd like to.

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts
Aren't they making the Last Story on the Wii? Chances are you're going to wait a long time for another game from them. They seem to take their time.
penpusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 penpusher
Member since 2004 • 3573 Posts
I dont really want to see a lost odyssey 2, what would be the point? The game was more than enough in itself and I really dont see what they could do with the story in a sequal
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11783 Posts

Blue Dragon was ok, Lost Odyssey was fantastic. Both had wonderful music.

Mistwalker is working (or just finished) Nintendo Wii game, The Last STory.

MistWalker is a good RPG company, they have put out 2 good ones so far, and one extremely anticipated (need to bring to The States) RPG game.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
good question but no answer for this i hope on the future i see a sequel of lost odyssey i want it
kennykenlive87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kennykenlive87
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

M$ should continue those two jrpg series imo. I really enjoyed Lost Odyssey and same with Blue Dragon, sure they didnt sell super well but they have somewhat of a cult following.

Anyone else that would enjoy a sequel to Lsot Odyssey or Blue Dragon?
I had alot of fun with those two games when they came out.

kozzy1234
I loved lost Odyssey RPGs are by far my favorite games final fantasy are the best. there is nothing like getting stuck into a 3-4 disk game and getting right into the story line in my opinion final fantasy 7 nothing comes to close to it ff10 was the closest
Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

I never played Blue Dragon (only the demo back in the day).

Lost Odyssey is an amazing game and even though I didn't like the ending all that much (I won't spoil anything, don't worry), I believe it was an amazing game and really surprised me in a good way. Some day I may try to get a 1000/1000 but that's pretty much a mission impossible for me :P

merch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#15 merch
Member since 2005 • 4235 Posts
microsoft shoulda bought out mistwalker we would be playing last story in hd on 360 right now if they did :/