Why no hype for medal of honor?

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
Member since 2007 • 1987 Posts

So MOH comes out in 2 days and I have not seen any threads about the game being made or any discussion what so ever. I made a thread about what game people will be getting this tuesday and only 21 people said MOH. I watched some beta footage on youtube and the game doesnt look to bad so my question is:

Why is there no hype for MOH? Is the game bad or are to many people playing reach right now to care?

Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Doomtime
Member since 2004 • 4282 Posts
Reach and the beta wasn't very good to be honest.
Ellimem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Ellimem
Member since 2008 • 596 Posts

Everyone that says they are getting it didn't play the beta.

narog84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 narog84
Member since 2006 • 1126 Posts
4 hour campaign and a noting new multi player
Alex3796

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 1

#6 Alex3796
Member since 2009 • 2669 Posts
I just really have no desire to play it... I might pick it up after a price drop.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

Incredibly short campaign and poorly made multiplayer.

ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Ellimem

What specifically didn't people like about the beta? I watched some footage of the beta it didnt look to bad.

orb_03_2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

#9 orb_03_2006
Member since 2006 • 8494 Posts
Didn't get to play the beta, so I wouldn't know. Looked kinda cool.
Avatar image for DamianAlexander
DamianAlexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DamianAlexander
Member since 2008 • 3762 Posts

I'm not a big fan of DICE. I respect their work but I hate how my character feels big and fat. It really messes with my idea of my character. Every action feels fat and slow. I dunno what it is about the games but I dislike it. I also hate their iron sights, they too feel too slow and sluggish.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

[QUOTE="Ellimem"]

ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

What specifically didn't people like about the beta? I watched some footage of the beta it didnt look to bad.

Gameplay needs improvements, preformance isn't great, each map has spots that seem like they're made specifically for campers to ruin the game, and it just doesn't stand up to modern video games. It feels like a bad last gen game with nice graphics.

gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gta4_2112
Member since 2007 • 3270 Posts

It looks good, but I will wait to pick it up.

Legendaryscmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Legendaryscmt
Member since 2005 • 12532 Posts

To me, it comes down to people complaining about the cloned MW2 MP and the short SP. MoH really hasn't been great since Frontline, with others saying AA. It comes down to the reasoning that the developers have just lost their touch with the series.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#14 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

4 hour campaign and a noting new multi player narog84

is the campaign really 4 hours long.

ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

To me, it comes down to people complaining about the cloned MW2 MP and the short SP. MoH really hasn't been great since Frontline, with others saying AA. It comes down to the reasoning that the developers have just lost their touch with the series.

Legendaryscmt

Well considering MW2 was the number 1 most played game til halo reach came out is being a MW2 clone that bad? Also a short single player is to be expected look at MW2 it had a 4-5 hour campaign as well but that didnt stop it from selling millions of copies or people playing the multiplayer portion of the game. Im not trying to defend the game I just find it wierd is all i guess. I saw the beta on youtube and it really didn't remind me of COD at all maybe I wasn't watching the right video or something?

narog84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 narog84
Member since 2006 • 1126 Posts
well and no mention about the fact that you play as an army that fight against a group of peasants with no tanks or planes
TrapMuzik92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TrapMuzik92
Member since 2009 • 3424 Posts
I'll pick it up on black friday...I have no desire to spend $60 on a Battlefield bad company 2 reskin.
ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

I'll pick it up on black friday...I have no desire to spend $60 on a Battlefield bad company 2 reskin.TrapMuzik92

See i dont get how it is BBC2 reskinned? I watched beta footage and it doesnt really look like either CODMW2 or BBC2 at all. I mean it is a modern shooter so it is going to have some similarities but there was no big glaring HELLO THEY COPIED THAT for me. But I may have not been looking for it or just missed the video that you saw.

I have played both mw2 and bad company they are good games but i did trade them in some time ago. :?

Dark5tar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 Dark5tar1
Member since 2006 • 1127 Posts

Personally, I've played the beta and it was pretty good but it seemed forgettable because it's been done already and stuff. I wasn't a big fan of MoH but maybe when a price drop goes ill consider it.

slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts
meh, nothing about it really seems to excites me. i mean theres that plus reach and black ops this fall. aside from a new engine the only thing MOH has shown me is that they can make another mediocre title. that plus i heard that the campaign was a mere 4 hours. will pass....
DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

Black Ops is out in a month. Thats the only reason I will not get MoH

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#22 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Reach and the beta wasn't very good to be honest. Doomtime
You mean Medal of Honor? I watched about 10 minutes of the campaign and I thought it was compelling enough to give it a go. But if I'm going to buy a game just for its 5-hour campaign, I'll have to wait until it hits the bargain bin. In my honest opinion, I dont understand why they had to hire DICE to make their MP. It's like they had no confidence in attempting to make their own. That for me, was a huge turn off in the first place.
kelvin53778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kelvin53778
Member since 2010 • 35 Posts
its probly a bad idea to try and sell a shooter for 65 bucks right before another call of duty comes out.
skooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 skooks
Member since 2006 • 1411 Posts

I played the beta at Eurogamer and actually really enjoyed it, and generally I don't enjoy 'modern shooter' type FPSs. My fiancée won a £50 gift certificate for a game store and she's really excited for this game so I guess we'll be getting it on release day.

Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Doomtime
Member since 2004 • 4282 Posts
[QUOTE="Doomtime"]Reach and the beta wasn't very good to be honest. Elann2008
You mean Medal of Honor? I watched about 10 minutes of the campaign and I thought it was compelling enough to give it a go. But if I'm going to buy a game just for its 5-hour campaign, I'll have to wait until it hits the bargain bin. In my honest opinion, I dont understand why they had to hire DICE to make their MP. It's like they had no confidence in attempting to make their own. That for me, was a huge turn off in the first place.

Yes Medal of Honor.
nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts
I've been a BIG supporter/defender of this game since the teaser trailer. I really thought it was going to be something special BUT after a 4 hr campaign and 8 mp maps w/ no co-op I'll have to wait for a price drop, maybe get it on Black friday
Vader993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Vader993
Member since 2010 • 7533 Posts

its being overshadowed by big games like reach and black ops

shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
I didn't get the opportunity to play the Beta. Also, I'm waiting to see what users are saying regarding the campaign's length.
Childeater10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 Childeater10
Member since 2006 • 3027 Posts

Legendaryscmt
The devs who did AA were infinity Ward. They originally created Medal of Honor on the PC. I played both betas and the 360 one had major issues. However the PC one was a major improvement. I like the idea of having CoD and BF making a baby... that is Medal of Honor. I do have to say, only 8 maps is kind of meh... I'll still give it a shot though.
mark1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 mark1982
Member since 2004 • 425 Posts
I don't know about you guys, but I'm getting pretty tired of military shooters, they all seem the same to me now days. I sold off all my military games. The last one which I really enjoyed was Rainbow 6 Vegas...
Toastngravy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 Toastngravy
Member since 2007 • 42 Posts

The beta felt like a carbon-copy of Bad Company 2 with a few tweeks.

Except unlike BC2's multiplayer, this just didn't feel fun at all.

Ellimem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 Ellimem
Member since 2008 • 596 Posts

[QUOTE="Legendaryscmt"]

Childeater10

The devs who did AA were infinity Ward. They originally created Medal of Honor on the PC. I played both betas and the 360 one had major issues. However the PC one was a major improvement. I like the idea of having CoD and BF making a baby... that is Medal of Honor. I do have to say, only 8 maps is kind of meh... I'll still give it a shot though.

The PC beta wasn't any better, it was just f***ed up in different ways. It is very clearly still the same studio that has made the last couple s***boxes.

vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#33 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
The beta was pretty lame and Modern era shooters have been done to death.
Kojo222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Kojo222
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts
Maybe people are FINALLY getting tired of war shooters. That would be great, imo. It would force developers to try something new instead of tweaking the same game over and over.
ryukenishidaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ryukenishidaa
Member since 2010 • 63 Posts
Medal of Honor probably lose to FPS game such Call of Duty: Black Ops. New feature such as currency show some opposition.
jad206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jad206
Member since 2009 • 1821 Posts

I personally do not want it for two reasons.

A) I would never buy it for just single player.

B) The multiplayer looks WAY to much like CoD, and CoD sucks.(and I have Bad Co. 2 for that)

The next game I'll buy is probably Fable 3.

jad206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 jad206
Maybe people are FINALLY getting tired of war shooters. That would be great, imo. It would force developers to try something new instead of tweaking the same game over and over.Kojo222
I for one am not getting tired with "War shooters" seeing as I have only bought 4 in my whole Xbox 360 life. (Rainbow six vegas 1+2, and Bad company 1+2). Both added stuff to the first, and had something awesome in their own right. I would love to see more, seeing as I don't buy many. Maybe people who buy CoD every year are, but I am not. I wouldn't mind seeing a "war shooter" but it has to have something original.
MathMattS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#38 MathMattS
Member since 2009 • 4012 Posts

I'm getting MoH primarily for the single-player campaign, which sounds really awesome. For multiplayer, I'm focused on Reach right now.

Elraptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#39 Elraptor
Member since 2004 • 30966 Posts
Distraction of other games, maybe, plus MoH has a hard time distinguishing itself from CoD? I don't know.
XCyberForceX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

User Lists: 1

#40 XCyberForceX
Member since 2008 • 1223 Posts

It's coming out too close to COD. I mean its another modern shooter. If you have a choice of spending $60+ which one would you buy. A game that has already extablished itself or one trying to break in and get a piece of the pie?

jad206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jad206

It's coming out too close to COD. I mean its another modern shooter. If you have a choice of spending $60+ which one would you buy. A game that has already extablished itself or one trying to break in and get a piece of the pie?

XCyberForceX

You mean a brand new series for the 12 year old vs the already know glitchy, buggy, twitch game play named CoD?

ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

It's crazy like 40 posts and not 1 person actually defending the game LOL. Hmm I guess I will just rent it before i buy it then.

KeredsBlaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 KeredsBlaze
Member since 2010 • 2049 Posts
it will be good, the problem is that these shooters are all starting to become watered down bc they are so similar, and just looking to copy one another with minor tweaks, nothing new and innovative at the moment, plus moh is getting stuck right in between halo and a new COD...so ppl are just overlooking the title
skooks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 skooks
Member since 2006 • 1411 Posts

It's crazy like 40 posts and not 1 person actually defending the game LOL. Hmm I guess I will just rent it before i buy it then.

ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ
I did.
ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

[QUOTE="ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ"]

skooks

I did.

Sorry mate i must have missed your post some how. I am so torn between MOH and fallout new vegas, i know i will love new vegas but i am itching for some competetive multiplayer games to play other than reach.

1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#46 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts

Honestly, from everything I've heard about this game, I'm not particularly surprised there's very little hype. It looks like yet another mediocre shooter with a short and linear single-player campaign, so-so multiplayer with easy exploits, and absolutely nothing new to bring to the table. You can tell EA's trying to imitate Modern Warfare 2 as much as possible in the hopes that doing so will net them some easy cash, but ultimately that's gonna backfire on them because they'll inevitably get overshadowed by Black Ops immediately upon its release.

shyco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 shyco
Member since 2006 • 613 Posts

Im also torn between black ops and MoH... my mates will prolly get black ops, but I enjoy bad company more than CoD. Then again, black ops has "character customization"... which seemed a bit similar to rrainbow six vegas 2. Which I really really enjoyed. Ive yet to reach 50 in bbc2... so Im as well thinking of vegas.. gee wilkers!

craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
One of the most generic shooters I have seen in a while. I am not even slightly hyped for this game and never will be.
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

There are numerous reasons for the lack of excitement.

- Reach, bad company 2 and Black Ops

- doesnt set itself apart as being much different then MW2 and BC2

- The BETA was just an average experience (been there done that)

- not enough bonus content (zombie, firefight, co-op..etc)

some people complain that the guns didn't have recoil

ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ZzZEVOLUTIONZzZ

There are numerous reasons for the lack of excitement.

- Reach, bad company 2 and Black Ops

- doesnt set itself apart as being much different then MW2 and BC2

- The BETA was just an average experience (been there done that)

- not enough bonus content (zombie, firefight, co-op..etc)

some people complain that the guns didn't have recoil

BLAS1AN

Yeah i noticed no recoil as well when i was watching beta footage on youtube i thought maybe it was just the video or the guy playing was just using stead bursts.