why is the m16 in cod4 for noobs?

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

angrules23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 angrules23
Member since 2007 • 854 Posts

just because its a good gun and its accurate you get called a noob for using it i dont get i dont use it all the time but if i do and i go well with after the game i will get called a noob wtf

HellRazer360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 HellRazer360
Member since 2006 • 2693 Posts
dont listen to those people saying that...they are just mad that you killed them with it
KurupSoldr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 KurupSoldr
Member since 2006 • 4094 Posts

just because its a good gun and its accurate you get called a noob for using it i dont get i dont use it all the time but if i do and i go well with after the game i will get called a noob wtf

angrules23

M-16 A noob gun? WTF thats sad if people are saying that for one its only burst not even full auto. Its accurate becuase of the burst and its a great gun to use and not the easiest to get very good with, tell them to go suck it

Mearik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Mearik
Member since 2008 • 322 Posts
haha dont take it personally, its a common response to people on the short end of the stick. i wonder where it started and why it bothers people so much, theres tons worse you could be called
i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

those are the same people who use the grenade launcher on their assault rifles non stop, tell em to STFU and just own em

i dont really use that gun too much but i dont consider that as cheap (or atleast annoying) as martyrdom and last stand.

i personally hate those perks and they anger me but i dont consider it noob tactics or anything, just annoying.

just play, who cares what anyone says.

mmallory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mmallory
Member since 2003 • 149 Posts
People probably just call you a noob because it's the first assualt rifle you can use. They assume you just started playing multiplayer and that you got lucky killing them. It's probably more subconscious than anything.
dkhw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 dkhw
Member since 2006 • 4045 Posts
m16 is in burst, which is its major disadvantage. If you have a sub machine gun or even a light machine gun, you can easily own them. It's the guys that get raped by that gun who are the noobs. It takes skill to use it and that goes for all guns.
Dasher61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Dasher61
Member since 2008 • 43 Posts
its not
angrules23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 angrules23
now when i use it i use the double tap perk so it fires faster
gameproman9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 gameproman9000
Member since 2005 • 120 Posts
just a bunch of people who suck or have a huge ego and get pissed off when they die it happens all the time lol. ive been called a noob for using every gun ive ever used
ChromeGrill212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 ChromeGrill212
Member since 2006 • 1644 Posts
its real ironic that u first have the m-16 while your playing online in cod 4. becuz the m-16 is one of the best assault rifles in this game and when you rank up higher, u unlock some assault rifles that are weaker than the m-16 while u already have the m-16 available. That's real stupid but ironic.
DZBricktop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DZBricktop
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts

This an excerpt from an article from Destructoids Ten Golden Rules of Online Gaming. Its rule 3 by the way.

3: If a feature in a game is popular/effective, it is cheap: Be it the chainsaw in Gears of War, or snipers in any FPS ever made, there are a number of cool features and tactics in games that people not only find enjoyable to use, but are often highly effective methods of securing victory -- never use them. If you do so, you are cheap and will become a noob. You are a hardcore gamer now, which means you only use shotguns or anything else that's really boring. You hate all that is popular, and if you see anybody utilising the best/more useful features of a game, you are to get rid of them immediately. If these pukes were good at the game like you, they wouldn't need to rely on such cheap tactics, would they? They'd be like you, running around with the shotgun, not having fun and despising everything everyone else is doing. The fact that they have killed you so many times is proof of how bad they are at playing.

Master-blobby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Master-blobby
Member since 2007 • 528 Posts
I think people call it the noob gun because as long its a one burst kill and with steady aim its just as effective as a full auto gun, its not noobie people just get p*ssed off. The only really noobie thing in cod 4 is martydom because its based on luck not skill. One of my personal favourite guns is a m14 with rds, wich is very difficult to use.
Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

This an excerpt from an article from Destructoids Ten Golden Rules of Online Gaming. Its rule 3 by the way.

3: If a feature in a game is popular/effective, it is cheap: Be it the chainsaw in Gears of War, or snipers in any FPS ever made, there are a number of cool features and tactics in games that people not only find enjoyable to use, but are often highly effective methods of securing victory -- never use them. If you do so, you are cheap and will become a noob. You are a hardcore gamer now, which means you only use shotguns or anything else that's really boring. You hate all that is popular, and if you see anybody utilising the best/more useful features of a game, you are to get rid of them immediately. If these pukes were good at the game like you, they wouldn't need to rely on such cheap tactics, would they? They'd be like you, running around with the shotgun, not having fun and despising everything everyone else is doing. The fact that they have killed you so many times is proof of how bad they are at playing.

DZBricktop

Haha, perfect!

johnr2806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 johnr2806
Member since 2006 • 307 Posts
juggernaut is the nobbiest thing.
xgraderx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 xgraderx
Member since 2008 • 2395 Posts
Noob gun?you actualy have to aim with the m16 and you cant run around corners with it in auto to get a kill.
a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#17 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts
everything is for noobs now...lol. I wonder what's worse, being called a noob, or being killed by one?
xgraderx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 xgraderx
Member since 2008 • 2395 Posts

DZBricktop
Ten golden rules of online gaming,lol,I bookmarked it.
USSJAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 USSJAndrew
Member since 2004 • 5042 Posts
Thats the same thing they say about the MP5, the M4, the Shotgun, tons of the perks, claymores, rockets, knife, C4, AK, and just about most of the other content for use in the game. I really hate whiners.
Ket87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Ket87
Member since 2007 • 3840 Posts
The games default weapon is for noobs? Who'd have thought it ehh?
sarmini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 sarmini
Member since 2007 • 2420 Posts

Lol, whatever kills certain people is automatically a "Noob" weapon. I was playing Team Tactical S&D earlier and my team was defending the points and they got the bomb set on our B defence on Overgrown and I saw where the guy went so I went to flank him and I didnt notice the person in the field so I got shot and I had Last Stand activated so he shoots me and the guy that I originally went to kill turned around, I guess his teammate told him, and started firing at me so I just start unloading at him and killed him so when I died, he was like "Oh you F**** noob! Last Stand is for P******". Its pathetic. Only thing I think is noobish is camping at a door with a Shotgun. Oh that pisses me off.

tortugay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tortugay
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Its not because people get mad that you owned them it's because it takes no skill to use all you need to do is have a red dot with claymores stopping power, deep impact , and or "steddy aim" for close range if someone gets too close and ta da! You got yourself a one hit kill weapon and all you need to do is line someones body with the red dot and pull the trigger button.The best part is its got no recoil so even if you shoot once you dont need to steady the aim button. You see people call you a noob because all you have to do is sit and wait for someone to pass and shoot them once.Its not realy taking any skill to do it and thats why your a noob try using a G3 or m14 maybe even a carbine and see how hard some of those guns are to use I'm not saying theres anything wrong with the m16 just dont use stopping power or dubble tap and they'll stop.Also its not a fun gun to use its pretty boring just waiting for someone to run by and pass you so you can shoot them.

Try running around throwing stuns aiming with a smg across the map and using different rifles thats what makes you skilled

Killinchris13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23 Killinchris13
Member since 2006 • 414 Posts

thats dumb that ppl think that, I mean yes it is a great gun and u start out with it, but ur not a noob for using it. I mean anyone can use it than its not a noob thing to do for easy kills. It just depends on how fast you can reflex a scope and get a burst or two. It really isnt cuz its not even an automatic so those ppl are just jealous u beat them...

APOLLOCJD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 APOLLOCJD
Member since 2007 • 2311 Posts

angrules23

Most of the players who say that are probably using a P90 and spraying/praying lol. But seriously who cares what they say if your getting more kills then them they can't really call you a noob can they?

angrules23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 angrules23

Its not because people get mad that you owned them it's because it takes no skill to use all you need to do is have a red dot with claymores stopping power, deep impact , and or "steddy aim" for close range if someone gets too close and ta da! You got yourself a one hit kill weapon and all you need to do is line someones body with the red dot and pull the trigger button.The best part is its got no recoil so even if you shoot once you dont need to steady the aim button. You see people call you a noob because all you have to do is sit and wait for someone to pass and shoot them once.Its not realy taking any skill to do it and thats why your a noob try using a G3 or m14 maybe even a carbine and see how hard some of those guns are to use I'm not saying theres anything wrong with the m16 just dont use stopping power or dubble tap and they'll stop.Also its not a fun gun to use its pretty boring just waiting for someone to run by and pass you so you can shoot them.

Try running around throwing stuns aiming with a smg across the map and using different rifles thats what makes you skilled

tortugay
i had all ready finished all the challenges for the m4 and most of the challanges for the g3 b4 i even started using the m16 and ive also finished all the challenges for the dragunov and mp5 its the like the m16 is all i use it just depends on the map and why shouldnt i use double tap its a good perk that makes ur gun more effective thus making u more effective which is the whole friggin point of perks
sonofabear17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 sonofabear17
Member since 2006 • 1941 Posts
hahaha its not a noob gun basicly they are saying its a noob gun cause they dont wanna admit they just got their a$$es pwned so they will make up any excuse they can
Beerbongsavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Beerbongsavage
Member since 2007 • 40 Posts
i personally hate when people glitch, and hop on roofs
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
[QUOTE="angrules23"]

APOLLOCJD

Most of the players who say that are probably using a P90 and spraying/praying lol. But seriously who cares what they say if your getting more kills then them they can't really call you a noob can they?

man I hate P90, Its the only gun I can call ''noob gun". requires no skill whatsoever. no recoil, headshots at a very long distance...the only disadvantage it has is the slow reload.

M16 is one of the best weapons in the game imo. very accurate at medium range. and with stopping power on it, the perfect juggernaut pwnage:P

Arcanine_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Arcanine_88
Member since 2005 • 2219 Posts
The M-16 is my main weapon. It's the one that not only best fits me, but IMO works the best. And do what I do, if people complain, own them with a Scorpion (I do it all the time). That'll really piss them off.
bluedevil64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 bluedevil64
Member since 2005 • 118 Posts

There are no noob weapons, just whiney kids that don't like getting killed by someone either better than they are or someone using a better loadout then they are. ANY person can use ANY weapons or perks once they unlock them. There is no advantage one person has over another in this game. If you don't have the good stuff unlocked yet, work at it ike the rest of us had to.

"OMG, freaking neub teub!!!"

Just shut up. If you don't like getting killed by people that use a certain type of weapon, improve your skills. If I get killed by some guy with a grenade launcher, well I just remember to keep my distance from him next time.

Spartans_317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Spartans_317
Member since 2007 • 364 Posts
I use a G3 over M16. I don't get killed alot by M16s. Probably because I've overpowered them with my gun.
Kobewars87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Kobewars87
Member since 2007 • 321 Posts

i dont listen to anyone that uses the word noob or uber pwnage. most the time i just start to laugh, seems to make them angrier as they begin to curse me out or continue to call me a noob.

Kobewars87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Kobewars87
also, who started using german as trash talk in video gaming? incase you are wondering what im talking about UBER is german for AWESOME.
Kobewars87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Kobewars87
I use a G3 over M16. I don't get killed alot by M16s. Probably because I've overpowered them with my gun. Spartans_317
G3 is a much better weapon in my opinion, but it clearly states on the stat sheet that the m16 is more powerful, just not as accurate.
boostud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 boostud
Member since 2004 • 1242 Posts

I don't know about you guys, but if I was going to war I'm not taking a gun that is less accurate or effective. I'm gonna take an M16 if I can stomp people fast and accurately with it. Thats just my 2 cents. Use whats going to keep you alive the longest.

I guess I'm a total n00b for thinking that, hahaha.

Spartans_317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Spartans_317
Member since 2007 • 364 Posts

Really?....I didn't notice that. I'll stay will G3 anyway because I do so well with it. It takes like 2 to 3 shots in the torso to kill someone. I use that gun in battles that are long range. I switch between M4 with red dot and G3 at medium range. I change between AK47 and M4 (both with red dot) on short range.

EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts
I can pretty much tag anyone with one shot from the M14 and get a kill, but recently I've been using the "no0b Tube" on an M4 or the G36C and I find myself liking it more and more. It's a useful tool for clearing out a sniper (sometimes multiple snipers) at distance. I don't camp corners with it or anything, but I still hear people groan and moan when I kill them with it. If you want to talk about no0b tools, look not further than Juggernaut. lol
cheames748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 cheames748
Member since 2007 • 667 Posts

tortugay

I use an M16 quite often, and i never camp with it. I run around the map and shoot people just as i would with an MP5 or an M4. Basically, what you're saying there, is that people should deliberately put themselves at a disadvantage, by trying to use guns for things that they were not intended for. Makes you kinda dumb really.

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#39 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts
The only thing i consider "Noobish" is the grenade launcher, The m16 definatly isnt NOOBISH
ratchet3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ratchet3
Member since 2004 • 7881 Posts
I use the M4 and M16 and I own with both of them.
EnderSR388

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 EnderSR388
Member since 2004 • 6552 Posts

The only thing i consider "Noobish" is the grenade launcher, The m16 definatly isnt NOOBISHkozzy1234

How is it anymore noobish than cooking a grenade and throwing it? Most people can't even guage the launcher correctly. I had someone ask in one match what the lines were for on the launcher (an no, it wasn't a child). lol

ONS47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ONS47
Member since 2006 • 158 Posts

Nothing is noobish or overpowered, its a balance something are better than others depending on the cituation or the player. I use the m16 because I like being able to hit something long range but when you get too close staying alive around aks and p90s becomes difficult.

If you complain about something being overpowered you should go back to halo...

JFRocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 JFRocker
Member since 2003 • 205 Posts
They're noobs for getting killed with it. In my opinion, it's the best assault rifle in the game. It has power, speed, range, and accuracy. I climbed the ranks with that bad boy. Use it and enjoy it. If anyone calls you a noob tell them they're a bunch of complainers that got killed with a "noob" gun.
cheames748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 cheames748
also, i would like to see anyone who claims the M16 is too powerful get shot 3 times with a 5.56mm high velocity round without dying.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 kozzy1234

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]The only thing i consider "Noobish" is the grenade launcher, The m16 definatly isnt NOOBISHEnderSR388

How is it anymore noobish than cooking a grenade and throwing it? Most people can't even guage the launcher correctly. I had someone ask in one match what the lines were for on the launcher (an no, it wasn't a child). lol

Its somewhat noobish in my opinion because you barely have to aim anywhere near the person to kill them. Its such an easy kill with the grenade launcher, so i just dont use it as ai think its cheap. But i could care less about others using it, i dont scream or get mad when i get killed by them, but to me it just seems out of place in COD4, but thats just me.

I mean my cousin uses it from time to time so i obvisouly bug him about using it to haha

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 kozzy1234

I use the M4 and M16 and I own with both of them.ratchet3

Yeah i love the M4

cheames748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 cheames748
[QUOTE="EnderSR388"]

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]The only thing i consider "Noobish" is the grenade launcher, The m16 definatly isnt NOOBISHkozzy1234

Its somewhat noobish in my opinion because you barely have to aim anywhere near the person to kill them. Its such an easy kill with the grenade launcher, so i just dont use it as ai think its cheap. But i could care less about others using it, i dont scream or get mad when i get killed by them, but to me it just seems out of place in COD4, but thats just me.

I mean my cousin uses it from time to time so i obvisouly bug him about using it to haha

how does the the grenade launcher feel out of place in CoD4? the Marines and SAS both use them routinely. its a common weapon in reality, so why not in the game?

gta4_2112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 gta4_2112
Member since 2007 • 3270 Posts
dont listen to those people saying that...they are just mad that you killed them with itHellRazer360
yea they just want to lie and call you a noob to think they r better than u but u used the m16 and they think its a noob gun cause they just got their buts kicked you should call them noobs
G5W

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 G5W
Member since 2008 • 505 Posts
[QUOTE="angrules23"]

KurupSoldr

M-16 A noob gun? WTF thats sad if people are saying that for one its only burst not even full auto. Its accurate becuase of the burst and its a great gun to use and not the easiest to get very good with, tell them to go suck it

I'm a M16 beast, but I never get called a noob.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
[QUOTE="EnderSR388"]

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]The only thing i consider "Noobish" is the grenade launcher, The m16 definatly isnt NOOBISHkozzy1234

grenade launcher kills may be easy kills but try this, they cant use scopes or red dot sights on the weapons so its ballanced with the rest.

same for all the perks. people complain about almost every perk. its just tactics, the people that use them are happy with it and get most kills with them.

there is no noobish weapon or perk. except P90:P