Why Is Saints Row so AWESOME ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Merc009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Merc009
Member since 2007 • 2620 Posts
Single player sucked but online is awesome, I've been playing for 9 months and I havent even gotten bored of online, while all of those over rated games like GTA 4 and GoW suck so bad, I couldnt even finish a GoW match without falling asleep.
Scarface_tm431

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Scarface_tm431
Member since 2004 • 10063 Posts
I played Saints Row tons, and rarely played MP, the MP in it never kept me entertained but something about the MP in GTA makes me keep going back. I think it's cause of the co-op stuff in GTA and also when I tried SR it was super laggy and filled with craptalk
Avenger1324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Avenger1324
Member since 2007 • 16344 Posts

Saints Row multiplayer is full of people team-killing.

Join a Protect-Tha-Pimp match, and chances are in the first 30 seconds most players on both sides will be killed by members of their own team.

Add to that the people who are still playing are either glitchers or only going for the achievements, and you don't have a great community to play with.

Zach68486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#4 Zach68486
Member since 2008 • 884 Posts
I couldn't even play Saints Row multiplayer. Buggy as all hell. The single player was excellent, though. I'll be getting the second.
Avatar image for Solid_Snake1221
Solid_Snake1221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Solid_Snake1221
Member since 2004 • 8658 Posts

really? I had a completely different experience. The single player was great in SR, and I actually managed to get 100%. However, I found the MP to be poorly designed and just an overall joke to play.

TheBigTicket21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 TheBigTicket21
Member since 2004 • 30875 Posts
Both aspects of the game were meh

Single Player - very sub par compared to GTA, even with the true crime series
Multiplayer - possibly the most blah, terrible mp i've ever encountered.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#7 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
Even though I'm a GTA nut and play GTA IV all the time I'll still buy Saints Row since this revamped respect system looks cool and so does the abilities to insurance fraud, kidnap, etc.
xxxMoreBeerxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 xxxMoreBeerxxx
Member since 2006 • 993 Posts
Saints Row single player is definately awesome but I wouldn't say that about the multiplayer. I am currently really into GTA IV. When I finish I am going to go back and play Saints Row again. I am curious to see if I will still feel the same way about it.
Matt-4542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Matt-4542
Member since 2008 • 8002 Posts
I didnt care for the game at all.
TheGTAvaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 TheGTAvaccine
Member since 2004 • 3591 Posts
I thought Saint's Row had horrendous MP.
Merc009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Merc009
playing against glitchers is actually more fun and challenging than playing against fair people because you pwned a glitcher and not a ramdon noob
Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
I thouth Saints Row was a very decent game, never played multiplayer though. Actually to tell you the truth, I never knew there was multiplayer.
gatsbythepig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 gatsbythepig
Member since 2003 • 11987 Posts
Isn't that an axiom used by people that don't want a negative response. You can't prove a negative. You might as well have said, is SA great or is sa the greatest?
daviwinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 daviwinn
Member since 2004 • 4827 Posts
It was fun for what it was, something to hold me over until I got my hands on GTA IV. It did make some great innovations for the genre but it lacked a soul.
Avatar image for TheActionFigure
TheActionFigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheActionFigure
Member since 2007 • 207 Posts
Yeah it was cool for the time, but multiplayer sucks compared to GTAIV. The singleplayer story was weak, but the game was fun.
XxAnubisxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 XxAnubisxX
Member since 2003 • 4978 Posts
Eh... I will stick with GTA
Zel-duh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 Zel-duh
Member since 2006 • 960 Posts
what i love GoW
stevenk4k5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 stevenk4k5
Member since 2005 • 5608 Posts

Eh... I will stick with GTAXxAnubisxX

Do you even HAVE GTA?

ck02623

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 ck02623
Member since 2003 • 1534 Posts
It was a good filler until GTA came out; GTA wipes the floor with it.
Zombie_Eric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Zombie_Eric
Member since 2007 • 412 Posts
Never played the multiplayer. Loved the singleplayer though. Something about taking over enemy territories and watching my gang empire grow... heartwarming.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#22 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

When there wasnt lag, the PIMP YOUR RIDE OUT was alot of fun with friends. But there was so much lag most the time and also the silly kids screaming and cursing acting like gangsters most the time kind ruined it for me.

But i agree, some of the ideas and gameplay in the modes for online in Saints Row where pretty cool.

I hope they Iron out the online issues for Saints Row 2 (also the coop story mode with a friend sounds really cool, and something that GTA IV should have done imo.

DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts

perhaps because it made some fundaments of the new things in GTA 4, drunk driving? check, Cell phone? check. But then it is also a expanded GTA, such as the customization of the character and cars, and able to BUY cars from dealers (for a helluva lot of money)

zero9167

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 zero9167
Member since 2005 • 14554 Posts
Single player sucked but online is awesome, I've been playing for 9 months and I havent even gotten bored of online, while all of those over rated games like GTA 4 and GoW suck so bad, I couldnt even finish a GoW match without falling asleep.Merc009
WOW you're calling GOW boring? I must agree tho it is completely boring IF YOU DIE WITHIN THE FIRST 5 seconds EVERY ROUND
MikeK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 MikeK47
Member since 2004 • 181 Posts
Saint's Row is hands down the better game. The multiplayer while it had lag was still better. There were actual multiplayer maps to play on and innovative gametypes. When you play GTA ya there are good gametypes but no real map to play it on. You have to restrict to a certain part of the map and it ussually doesnt feel that great. GTA took a lot from Saint's Row but left out some essentials that made it great. First of all why in the hell do I have to hold down a button in GTA to get a redicule while in a car? Whose genius idea was that? Second if im in the passenger seat of a car why can't I use a AK or a shotgun? Im not driving. With the singleplayer in Saint's Row if you don't want to do a mission then mess with another gang, hold hostages, pimp hos, traffic drugs, steal cars, race, or just roll with some homies. You can even rob stores. You can do it at gunpoint or break in through the back and pawbn the merchandise off. Ya you can do some of that in GTA but not as much and not in the same scale. Another thing is that in Saint's Row I felt like i was in control. My character was who he wanted to be. Im not some guy who im trying to figure out who he is. Im a a guy rising in the ranks of a gang killing other gangs off. I can change clothes without having to have to go through a bunch of loading **** and it affects my rep not just my luck with the ladies. I can get iced out or tatted up and it affects the game. Not even mentioning plastic surgery. I can get a car and pimp it out how I want. I can put a body kit on it, different rims, new paint I choose, tint windows, even hydraulics and nitrous. Now thats a custom ride. In GTA I feel like a guy whos just getting by even though I have about $900,000 but thats ok. In Saint's Row I feel like a gangster. A man who gets respect. A guy who has people who will look after him who will fight with him.
doubalfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 30

#26 doubalfa
Member since 2006 • 7108 Posts
the guy above me wrote the best post i've ever read about Saints Row and yeah I see it that way customization on SP is far bigger than the one presented in GTA, still GTA is a great game but for me is Saint Row I feel it like a more complete experience so I cant wait for SR2
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#27 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

[QUOTE="Merc009"]Single player sucked but online is awesome, I've been playing for 9 months and I havent even gotten bored of online, while all of those over rated games like GTA 4 and GoW suck so bad, I couldnt even finish a GoW match without falling asleep.zero9167
WOW you're calling GOW boring? I must agree tho it is completely boring IF YOU DIE WITHIN THE FIRST 5 seconds EVERY ROUND

Im kind of like him as well man, i loved the Gears of War singleplayer/COOP with a friend, but i didnt really like the online for gears. It was fun for awhile, but the lack of guns and some of the gameplay just wasnt my style. Had nothing to do with me being bad at the game (because i was actually pretty good), just wasnt my cup of tea online .

GoDxOFxWaRFaRe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 GoDxOFxWaRFaRe
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

God I Loved SR Single Player And MP As Long As I'm Playing With Friends And That Because I Hate Stand-Byers And Glitchers But GTA IV I Just Don't Like It Its To Soft I Mean I Fell Of My Motorbike With Full Health And Armor Went Round About 10 Yards And Died And MP Just Sucks On It.

Oh And MikeK47 Gotta Hand It To You. You Sure Know What You're Talking About And Its 100% Completely True What You Said.

bigdaddy9202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 bigdaddy9202
Member since 2005 • 152 Posts
I have never played multiplayer but the single player is awesome and although the ending was annoying it sets up 2 nicely
soufan123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 soufan123
Member since 2007 • 734 Posts

THE SINGLE PLAYER SUCKED? Omg what drugs or state of mind were you in when you played it? SR2 is going to be a lot better than GTA4 mark my works.Lord-Nerevar

Mark my Works? HHAHAHAHAHAHHAH :P... i know its immature to laugh at something as stupid as a spelling mistake but that was great :P

cheames748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 cheames748
Member since 2007 • 667 Posts
Single player sucked but online is awesome, I've been playing for 9 months and I havent even gotten bored of online, while all of those over rated games like GTA 4 and GoW suck so bad, I couldnt even finish a GoW match without falling asleep.Merc009
You say Gears sucked, yet you have a WWE game still in your recently played on your gamercard? Oh dear. Oh dear.
Merc009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Merc009

[QUOTE="Merc009"]Single player sucked but online is awesome, I've been playing for 9 months and I havent even gotten bored of online, while all of those over rated games like GTA 4 and GoW suck so bad, I couldnt even finish a GoW match without falling asleep.cheames748
You say Gears sucked, yet you have a WWE game still in your recently played on your gamercard? Oh dear. Oh dear.

WHAT in the whole WORLD does WWE has to do with GoW ? even this topic ?

Merc009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Merc009

[QUOTE="Merc009"]Single player sucked but online is awesome, I've been playing for 9 months and I havent even gotten bored of online, while all of those over rated games like GTA 4 and GoW suck so bad, I couldnt even finish a GoW match without falling asleep.zero9167

playing against cheaters is FAAAAAAAAAR more challenging than killing people with a overpowered shotgun

gifteddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#34 gifteddie
Member since 2007 • 567 Posts
I HATED saints row
Avatar image for XpLiCiT_pHaNToM
XpLiCiT_pHaNToM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 XpLiCiT_pHaNToM
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
The reason saints row was so awsome to me was the built in clan mathces the multiplayer had. It would keep track of your teams wins. losses, and money. The rivalries between clans was part of the fun which kept me playing for almost a year. It sort of got ruined from all the cheating, boosting, and lack of competition but i still play it every so often.
cheames748

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 cheames748
Member since 2007 • 667 Posts

[QUOTE="cheames748"][QUOTE="Merc009"]Single player sucked but online is awesome, I've been playing for 9 months and I havent even gotten bored of online, while all of those over rated games like GTA 4 and GoW suck so bad, I couldnt even finish a GoW match without falling asleep.Merc009

well the fact that you prefer WWE to Gears renders your opinion both null and void my friend.
Merc009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Merc009
[QUOTE="Merc009"]

[QUOTE="cheames748"][QUOTE="Merc009"]Single player sucked but online is awesome, I've been playing for 9 months and I havent even gotten bored of online, while all of those over rated games like GTA 4 and GoW suck so bad, I couldnt even finish a GoW match without falling asleep.cheames748

well the fact that you prefer WWE to Gears renders your opinion both null and void my friend.

when the hell did I say that I prefer WWE over GoW ?

pygmahia5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 pygmahia5
Member since 2007 • 7428 Posts

ur crazy

msdd9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#39 msdd9
Member since 2007 • 2957 Posts

I have never played online (I don't have xbl), but I still love the game.

It's like a nicer, cleaner GTA with full customization.

Avatar image for HeroxOfxThexDay
HeroxOfxThexDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 HeroxOfxThexDay
Member since 2007 • 219 Posts

Saints Row = Worst game to have touched my xbox.....GTA and GOW = two best games to have touched my xbox lol

Avatar image for AtomicBaconBits
AtomicBaconBits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#41 AtomicBaconBits
Member since 2006 • 8855 Posts
[QUOTE="cheames748"][QUOTE="Merc009"]

[QUOTE="cheames748"][QUOTE="Merc009"]Single player sucked but online is awesome, I've been playing for 9 months and I havent even gotten bored of online, while all of those over rated games like GTA 4 and GoW suck so bad, I couldnt even finish a GoW match without falling asleep.Merc009

when the hell did I say that I prefer WWE over GoW ?

Never.He just miserably failed at trying to be witty...