Why is Madden 11 acceptable???

This topic is locked from further discussion.

downwithfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 downwithfire
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Im a avid Football fan and once a dreaded Madden fanboy...sadly in recent years ( mainly since EA bought exclusive rights to produce the only NFL lincense football game)NFL Madden is...well maddening. First and foremost, whats with the aspect of adding anew and annoying useless feature every year just tominimize it to a non-facetor in the following yearsgame and removing it the year after that? Need examples?? QB vision 06,Lead blocker 07, Superstar icons 08, Backtrack system 08,Half time show 09, and more.

Maddens Gone CRAAAZZZZZZY

I think the most annoying thing of all is while there wasting there time on these useless features they could be putting some needed time in the Franchise mode and Superstar Mode.Both modes are becoming stale and uninspiring to play ( superstar modeis downright redundant and boring). These modes were once the bread and butterof this franchise, now itsbarely a sidenoteto online matches ( which is rightfully the leading game mode now)

As a avid Football fan and a gamer I think we all deserve to have a NFL football game that is not a shamble of ideas blindly patched together for a quick football fix, But delicately sewed together to form a shining example of America's #1 sport

XXGamerfanXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 XXGamerfanXX
Member since 2009 • 1066 Posts
Personally, your wasting $60 on the same dang thing you bought last year. I don't see the point in these games. A giant waste of money IMO.
dinjo_jo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#3 dinjo_jo
Member since 2008 • 691 Posts
^ Rightly said
javafriek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 javafriek
Member since 2008 • 752 Posts
I heard NCAA 11 is pretty good though. Personally I'm not a fan of NFL anyway i enjoy college. But I do agree with what you're saying, both the Madden and NCAA franchise just packages the same game with a minor change here and there year after year.
RapidTurtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RapidTurtle
Member since 2010 • 344 Posts

When 2k sports put out their NFL game for $19.99, EA was really quick to buy the rights to the NFL. No competition means that EA can shovel the same crap down our throats every year. What they should do, is offer us updated rosters at the start of the new season for $10. Then put out a new game every 2 or 3 years. Then the new game might acutally have some improvements, instead of just a few little changes, that are usually more annoying, vs being called an improvement.

It really is amazing that they charge us $60 for nothing more than a roster update every year, and people continue to pay it. The last one that I bought was 09, and waited for it to go on sale for $34.99.

downwithfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 downwithfire
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Yeah I think they realized that it was nothing new and they lower the price within a month...month too late for me. I just love Football and Games too much to pass on Madden :(