Why Halo3 let YOU down...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HungryLikeAMug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 HungryLikeAMug
Member since 2007 • 507 Posts

First off let me say that i love my 360 and have been an avid halo gamer since the xbox 1 launch

Halo 3 is an awesome game, but it has so many little things wrong with it that are just plain inexcusable.

-In multiplayer, even when everyone has perfect connections (there is almost never lag in halo3 which is good), often when people die the dead bodies skip around, almost like all the 360s connected to the game cannot agree where this dead body goes. This was also a problem in halo2 online. How hard is it to render a good dead body....i have played horrible, low budget games, that do not have this problem seemingly related to lazy development.

- melee....we all know this is a problem. crafty halo2 players, after winning a close fight, could also win a second fight ,despite having a lower shield, by using good grenades, tactics, and a melee t finish it off. Not an option in halo3.

- maps...halo 3 plays just as good (well...mostly) gameplay as the other two games in multiplayer, but the map selection is subpar. There are some really great ones, but twice as many terrible ones. Whenever you get a game, the first map is usually vetoed, and then people moan and gripe about the second one. It always happens, the maps suck for the most part.

- the graphics...now, let me make myself clear...i actually LOVE the artstyle of this game and think its very polished and detailed, as clearly prooved when zooming in incredibly close in both single and multiplayer, but from afar, everything looks drap. The 640p jaggies certainly do not help. I have died numerous times in multiplayer and have had my dead body get really close to the camera and i can see all the details and intricate markings, only to wonder why i never notice from afar??? Also, the scout helmet has some ridiculous, low res, 2d lines on it, making it look like an n64 helmet.

- rockets...bungie fixes, but creates a problem. They fix the lock on feature that made vehicles worthless in the second game, only to add this overpowered weapon into EVERY small map, making every game on these small maps a rush for the rockets.

- smacktalk...bungie impliments an EASY muting tool to silence people in matchmaking...but you never use it becayse you never hear the enemies talk in ranked games. That was half the fun of ranked games on halo2, and also added strategy. In tense situations when surrounded by enemies in halo 2, you could hear them breathing or chattering, not so in halo3.

- hereare my biggest complaints, as i think most peoples are....firstly THE CAMPAIGN...gamers everywhere reminice about the open ended, guerilla warfare of halo 1s campaign. I wont describe it, but if you havent played it, you need to. Halo 2 slipped up, and when bungie admitted this i thought we would see a more halo 1 style campaign, but no. They designed the same half assed linear campaign again. secondly the STORY...halo 1 set up and revealed the perfect amount of backstory in the campaign to make you CARE about the campaign, but halo 2 introduces the talking plant, and halo 3 slips again. The higher quality cutscenes kept making me think this story would be dug into more, but i kept being let down. The ark took up like a 5 second cutscene. they visit the ark, which MAKES THE HALO RINGS!!! (How cool is that!! (SERIOUSLY)), but they never delve into it and you never learn anymore history of the forerunners or anything. Oh...speaking of forerunners..."Well masterchief, uh, well, you, kinda...are the forerunners...or descendants of them...or seomthing" (which is basically how it played itself out in the cutscene. Imagine a huge battle for the ark thing on earth, and then a massive cutscene featuring the humans exploring the inside and learning foreunner history...no...it shoots open a big ball and then the flood land on earth...

- the story in all the books just further prooves how GREAT AND DEEP the halo story really is, but these people refuse to impliment half the depth of it in the second and third games....disapointing.

- sorry for the long read...list and describe things that let YOU down in halo3 (and 2 for that matter). I have many more but its late!

solo4321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 solo4321
Member since 2006 • 3338 Posts

i read to the part up until the rockets and i have to agree with you especiallly on the dead body thing come on bungie WTF? its looks like its having a seizer or something.

btw i still love halo 3 it just has some minor problems that a patch can fix.

*abacabb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 *abacabb
Member since 2003 • 8834 Posts
I finally played it for the first time today...it's basically halo 2. I only played multiplayer with my cousins on a couple of maps but I got bored pretty quickly. I mean, none of them game like I do, so maybe that had something to do with it, but still it didn't feel too fresh too me. I'd much rather play CoD or Rock band.
murat8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 murat8
Member since 2006 • 10362 Posts
I only have 2 problems with Halo 3 most of my kills are melee kills witch isnt the reason I play SHOOTERS for and too much hype for an average FPS
*abacabb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 *abacabb
Member since 2003 • 8834 Posts
I only have 2 problems with Halo 3 most of my kills are melee kills witch isnt the reason I play SHOOTERS for and too much hype for an average FPSmurat8
I did notice that I meleed A LOT.
---n00b_kid---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ---n00b_kid---
Member since 2007 • 803 Posts

The dead bodies have rag-doll physics and it looks more fun when they skip round and roll.

But I agree with you with the 'melee' issue especially in multiplayer, and the 'campaign' was not long enough.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts
same reason why i was let down by COD 4 all the fun is in multiplayer.

ALthough i think Halo 3 has the longer legs with forge and saved films and such. Plus between the 2 Halo atleast has a better story.

BUt other than that both games are really good.

My big complaint about Halo 3s mp is obviousaly the stupid melee. who is the idiot that came up with that garbage where the person with most health and not the quicker finger wins. WHO IS HE?
Rebel108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 Rebel108
Member since 2006 • 723 Posts
I totally agree with you although I do like halo 3 equally to cod 4.
stringer4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 stringer4
Member since 2006 • 674 Posts

I wanted ALOT more epic momnets.

Shas02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Shas02
Member since 2007 • 299 Posts

Rainbow Six: Vegas MP FTW!!

I hated Halo 3 MP, SP was fun.

Avatar image for sinistergoggles
sinistergoggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 sinistergoggles
Member since 2005 • 9919 Posts
I see no problems with Halo 3. Maybe a few tiny bugs and glitches, but nothing that kills the gameplay. The only let down was there was no epic battle like that memorial commercial thing.
chandlerr_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: -2

#12 chandlerr_360
Member since 2006 • 5078 Posts
Overall the Campaign was great in my opinion, classic Halo. As far as Multiplayer goes, basically the TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE maps and overpowered Melee are killing it.
rexxpro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rexxpro
Member since 2007 • 371 Posts

Halo 3 single player campaign mode did not let me down what so ever.

the only thing I don't like is the matchmaking crap. I played single player and completed it on normal, heroic and ledgendary plus got all the skulls. then I joined live, which deleted my achievements as well as my game saves ( thanks a lot microsoft), then I tried to play multi player and as I had no score or anything, there wasnt a lot of players arroudn in the same score level. so I had to wait for a long time to play a game.

Pump_man44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 Pump_man44
Member since 2007 • 991 Posts

First off let me say that i love my 360 and have been an avid halo gamer since the xbox 1 launch

Halo 3 is an awesome game, but it has so many little things wrong with it that are just plain inexcusable.

-In multiplayer, even when everyone has perfect connections (there is almost never lag in halo3 which is good), often when people die the dead bodies skip around, almost like all the 360s connected to the game cannot agree where this dead body goes. This was also a problem in halo2 online. How hard is it to render a good dead body....i have played horrible, low budget games, that do not have this problem seemingly related to lazy development.

- melee....we all know this is a problem. crafty halo2 players, after winning a close fight, could also win a second fight ,despite having a lower shield, by using good grenades, tactics, and a melee t finish it off. Not an option in halo3.

- maps...halo 3 plays just as good (well...mostly) gameplay as the other two games in multiplayer, but the map selection is subpar. There are some really great ones, but twice as many terrible ones. Whenever you get a game, the first map is usually vetoed, and then people moan and gripe about the second one. It always happens, the maps suck for the most part.

- the graphics...now, let me make myself clear...i actually LOVE the artstyle of this game and think its very polished and detailed, as clearly prooved when zooming in incredibly close in both single and multiplayer, but from afar, everything looks drap. The 640p jaggies certainly do not help. I have died numerous times in multiplayer and have had my dead body get really close to the camera and i can see all the details and intricate markings, only to wonder why i never notice from afar??? Also, the scout helmet has some ridiculous, low res, 2d lines on it, making it look like an n64 helmet.

- rockets...bungie fixes, but creates a problem. They fix the lock on feature that made vehicles worthless in the second game, only to add this overpowered weapon into EVERY small map, making every game on these small maps a rush for the rockets.

- smacktalk...bungie impliments an EASY muting tool to silence people in matchmaking...but you never use it becayse you never hear the enemies talk in ranked games. That was half the fun of ranked games on halo2, and also added strategy. In tense situations when surrounded by enemies in halo 2, you could hear them breathing or chattering, not so in halo3.

- hereare my biggest complaints, as i think most peoples are....firstly THE CAMPAIGN...gamers everywhere reminice about the open ended, guerilla warfare of halo 1s campaign. I wont describe it, but if you havent played it, you need to. Halo 2 slipped up, and when bungie admitted this i thought we would see a more halo 1 style campaign, but no. They designed the same half assed linear campaign again. secondly the STORY...halo 1 set up and revealed the perfect amount of backstory in the campaign to make you CARE about the campaign, but halo 2 introduces the talking plant, and halo 3 slips again. The higher quality cutscenes kept making me think this story would be dug into more, but i kept being let down. The ark took up like a 5 second cutscene. they visit the ark, which MAKES THE HALO RINGS!!! (How cool is that!! (SERIOUSLY)), but they never delve into it and you never learn anymore history of the forerunners or anything. Oh...speaking of forerunners..."Well masterchief, uh, well, you, kinda...are the forerunners...or descendants of them...or seomthing" (which is basically how it played itself out in the cutscene. Imagine a huge battle for the ark thing on earth, and then a massive cutscene featuring the humans exploring the inside and learning foreunner history...no...it shoots open a big ball and then the flood land on earth...

- the story in all the books just further prooves how GREAT AND DEEP the halo story really is, but these people refuse to impliment half the depth of it in the second and third games....disapointing.

- sorry for the long read...list and describe things that let YOU down in halo3 (and 2 for that matter). I have many more but its late!

HungryLikeAMug

My brain hurts:cry:

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts
shallow mediocre single player and too many jaggies. but in all it was a great game, with very good graphics and GREAT multi player.
Travis391

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Travis391
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
campain was dissapointing
klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#17 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts
I in my opinion think the campaign was really fun, but the story could of been better. The only problem I have in multiplayer is the melee system which ticks me off everytime. I just want to find out what that person in Bungie was thinking when he was making the melee system.
gp19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 gp19
Member since 2005 • 4252 Posts
I didn't read your post as it was so long, but what dissapointed me was that the weapons sounded to weak and there was no final boss (or something similar for that matter)... I just don't think you should end a shooter with a driving mission.
Darkzero6x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Darkzero6x2
Member since 2003 • 1178 Posts
i didnt really have a problem with Halo 3. it was...Halo. i just expected more from it but its still awesome/
BLAS1AN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BLAS1AN
Member since 2003 • 3508 Posts

1. LACK OF MAPS..only 9 and microsoft charging for 3 more is a dissapointment.

2. MELEE is inconsistent. Bungie claims they are working on it

3. the pistol flat out sucks.

4. short and underwhelming campaign. no epic big battles, rehashed halo one ending

greenghost123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 greenghost123
Member since 2007 • 570 Posts
Why do people act like Halo was open ended? Sure the levels were big and you got to pick which survivors you wanted to save in the second level but I would hardly call that open ended, especially when the outcome is the same.
HungryLikeAMug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 HungryLikeAMug

few more complaints...

-weapons...some are completely and utterly worthless. I like the update to the needler, it makes it perfectly usable and deadly in situations. remember how god plasma weapons were in halo 1? Now, after dual wielding, those weapons, and every other dual wieldable weapon, are WORTHELESS

- legendary edition...ok, im a big halo fan, pay 130 for a sweet helmet and HOPEFULLY a sweet extra disc. This supposed "dvd" only works in a 360, and all the "re-mastered" cutscenes from halo1 and 2 are ANYTHING BUT remastered, they look worse than before.

- charging for maps this early????...it took halo3 3 years to be completed, with ONLY 9 MULIPLAYER MAPS...now that wouldnt necessarily be a big problem if 3 new maps didnt magically materialize 2 months after release. "oh yea, thanks for wasting 130 for the legendary, but these 3 new maps that popped up suddenly after release will cost you 10 bucks". 10 dollars isnt alot, but i refuse to pay it for the principle of the thing. 3 years in development - 9maps....2 months in development - 3 "brand new" maps. give me a break

HungryLikeAMug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 HungryLikeAMug

another complaint - LAZINESS OF UPDATES!!!!!!

- bungie released a pretty sweet map at release - the pit. The only problem with this map, which bungie themselves and the halo community admit is that you can hide on spawn points on two separate parts of the map when you are in the lead. The only way to get there, without spawning there, is to jump off a teammate. bungie releases an update with nuetral bomb on this map, the opposing team gets the lead, gets the bomb later in the game, and hides in this area on their side of the map. We spent the last 12 minutes of the game trying to get the bomb guy down and we couldnt. how could bungie overlook such a hopelessly broken gametype on this map. 2 bombs would have worked, but they fail to realize that simple fact

HellRazer360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 HellRazer360
Member since 2006 • 2693 Posts
it let me down because it didnt throw me a turkey dinner when i bought it
Kmont624

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Kmont624
Member since 2007 • 274 Posts
[QUOTE="HungryLikeAMug"]

Pump_man44

My brain hurts:cry:

lol me 2, its 2 much to read

HungryLikeAMug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 HungryLikeAMug
"secondly the STORY...halo 1 set up and revealed the perfect amount of backstory in the campaign to make you CARE about the campaign, but halo 2 introduces the talking plant, and halo 3 slips again. The higher quality cutscenes kept making me think this story would be dug into more, but i kept being let down. The ark took up like a 5 second cutscene. they visit the ark, which MAKES THE HALO RINGS!!! (How cool is that!! (SERIOUSLY)), but they never delve into it and you never learn anymore history of the forerunners or anything. Oh...speaking of forerunners..."Well masterchief, uh, well, you, kinda...are the forerunners...or descendants of them...or seomthing" (which is basically how it played itself out in the cutscene. Imagine a huge battle for the ark thing on earth, and then a massive cutscene featuring the humans exploring the inside and learning foreunner history...no...it shoots open a big ball and then the flood land on earth...

- the story in all the books just further prooves how GREAT AND DEEP the halo story really is, but these people refuse to impliment half the depth of it in the second and third games....disapointing."

am i the only one let down by the story in the games^^^^?

Green_Iugana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Green_Iugana
Member since 2007 • 1153 Posts
I thought Halo 3 was good until I played COD 4
Djmaster214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Djmaster214
Member since 2005 • 3240 Posts
Yeah same as above i liked it up until November release of COD4 ill never go back
ModernTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ModernTimes
Member since 2007 • 1029 Posts

H3 did have many problems.

Lousy story/campaign (can't say I care about this though)

Lousy Melee (the biggest problem with the game IMO, I stopped rushing in for the melee kill...)

Even so, it's still my favorite MP game on the 360.

Disturbed_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Disturbed_King
Member since 2007 • 554 Posts
The single-player was way too short, the maps suck major ass, and the melee system is extremely annoying. But other than those big flaws, Halo 3 is decent in my opinion.
tacosrule193

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#32 tacosrule193
Member since 2007 • 780 Posts
the DAMN maps...
LProjektST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LProjektST
Member since 2005 • 1055 Posts
Halo 3sucked because it is just Halo 2 with better graphics. Please play Gears of War, its quality.
chewy130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 chewy130
Member since 2006 • 643 Posts

god i hate halo3. me having never played a single halo before until halo3 was mystified by this game and his hype and praise.

i thought it would be the greatest game ever. but when i got it was so dam boring. i played it a while but i barely touch it now.

DONT you guys get it? bungie and the corparations r using u into thinking its a great game and that u sud buy it, when infact its not.their basically brainwashing u and ur friends into buying it..

hell i bet bungie didnt even put effort into making it but more into AD's and hype to get it to sell. HAlo3 is my all time most hated game ever !!!

and yeah i prolly sound like some crazy conspiracy theorist right now..but i just took some classes in advertisments in english class and they taught me all about AD's and their subliminal messages and stuff

-Halftime-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 -Halftime-
Member since 2007 • 10004 Posts
I like Halo 3. I think it's much better than Halo 2, but the maps & the melee really annoy the hell out of me. Besides that I think it's great.
Gans_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Gans_II
Member since 2003 • 253 Posts
personally i love the game, huge fan of the series and love the multiplayer.. only a few problems.. spawning.. the damn sniper glitch and take off all the damn rockets on all the maps! Oh and i agree with you on the campain halo 1's camplain was one of the best of all time.. i agree there was almost no stroy to it!