Why does everybody hate MW2?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Xeogua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Xeogua
Member since 2010 • 1542 Posts

Never played it, just wondering.

lafiro93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 lafiro93
Member since 2010 • 2076 Posts

I like it, its aa great game if you play it with friends.

Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts
The series became extremely popular with both hardcore and casual gamers, to the point that it became cooler to bash it. There are also those who overplayed it for three months straight, confusing the fact that they're sick of the series with it being a bad game.
MCDogDoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MCDogDoo
Member since 2009 • 180 Posts

I don't hate the game at all. But I've barely played too. I think I just wore myself out on the past 2 iterations of the series. I played MW and WaW waaaay too much, and MW2 just felt like more of the same to me.

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
I love it, especially playing online with friends. It's a lot of fun with all the different gametypes and trying to do challenges. I figure the majority of those that bash the game do so because they think it's cool and have no valid reasons as to why it's bad, or at least worse than it's predecessor.
Maxmus050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Maxmus050
Member since 2009 • 1248 Posts

Well thats strange.
cause MW2 got the biggest community online by far, mabey thats why there is more hate.

Xeogua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Xeogua

It's just that everybody is always dogging it and saying how bad the community is.

dillon_o4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#8 dillon_o4
Member since 2003 • 519 Posts
There are several reasons but my main one is because online it constantly rewards camping. 2nd the spawn system is still not what it needs to be. 3rd because the host gets 2 much of an advantage, watch your kill cams does it ever show you do exactly what you did before dieing? hardly ever. I've emptied half a clip before dieing that the kill cam didn't show me shooting once, i have a 10mb cable connection.
RapidTurtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RapidTurtle
Member since 2010 • 344 Posts

I love the game also. It just got really popular, so the cool thing to do was hate it. Yeah it has its flaws, but what game doesn't?

GamerLegend10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 GamerLegend10
Member since 2010 • 3358 Posts

The series is amazing, COD4 is one of the best games ever, the reasons people dont like MW2 soo much as COD4 are:

- It makes people angry as hell (dont know why exactly, but it just does)

- The online community fails, it is noob infested and it is full of idiots that are racist little kids that swear at everything and argue + insult everyone.

- The maps are set up in a way that means u get attacked from every angle which mess's up tactics etc. and just encourages campers and Run & Gun.

- Theres no rewarding feel when u do well, as there will always someone (angry noob) that will insult u and say your rubbish (even if u beat them over and over again(actualy beating noobs that say your bad does feel rewarding & makes me laugh at there foolishness))

- The respawn system is critisised by some people (but it isnt too bad most of the time).

- It just doesnt feel like it was made for the hardcore fans and more like it was made for the noobs to make as much money as they possible could.

But dont get me wrong it is a great game (looks amazing, great visuals, good campaign, good online) but it does lack a few things and there are a few problems.

(But COD4 is far better than any other modern FPS i know)

PyroRick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PyroRick
Member since 2009 • 56 Posts

I have no problem with the series, i have loved that series since CoD 2 and i think its fun to play and even better with friends. but there are also many ways to get annoyed. I think the main reason is the really cocky players, who seem to think that fighting with someone over a video game is cool

Avatar image for XD4NTESINF3RNOX
XD4NTESINF3RNOX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 XD4NTESINF3RNOX
Member since 2008 • 7438 Posts
Because it's full of glitches, kids, and boosters lol
qbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 qbell
Member since 2006 • 1035 Posts
Because it's full of glitches, kids, and boosters lol XD4NTESINF3RNOX
me_rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 me_rock
Member since 2004 • 2462 Posts

Stop making these threads!

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#15 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Because it's a overhyped game that deserves it with a lot of problems.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

Stating that MW2 is hated because it's popular is non-sense.

So I can't dislike it because it has less players per match than it's predecessor?

Or that there are boosters in my favorite game modes and IW has done nothing to fix it?

Or that a shotgun could kill you from halfway across the map?

I think these are legitimate reasons that have NOTHING to do with the game being popular or not.

Avatar image for dudebot12345678
dudebot12345678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 dudebot12345678
Member since 2010 • 840 Posts

What are you talking about?:shock: Everyone love mw2 and mw1:D

TheMightyHoov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheMightyHoov
Member since 2009 • 2459 Posts

So I can't dislike it because it has less players per match than it's predecessor?

Or that there are boosters in my favorite game modes and IW has done nothing to fix it?

I think these are legitimate reasons that have NOTHING to do with the game being popular or not.

airshocker

Exactly, most people have legitimate reasons.

I am not going say my reasons for disliking it. I have said it too many times.

MW2 threads have to stop. People need to learn to use the search function...

SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

It is fun sometimes, gets boring quickly, but it is really unbalanced and noob friendly in terms of online.

Xeogua

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Xeogua

me_rock

First thread I have made like this.

SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts

[QUOTE="me_rock"]

Xeogua

First thread I have made like this.

But almost every other user has made one. Look at the forum search first

NintendoGamer3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NintendoGamer3
Member since 2008 • 2848 Posts
Because it's full of glitches, kids, and boosters lol XD4NTESINF3RNOX
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

It's cool to hate

Merovingin33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Merovingin33
Member since 2004 • 3877 Posts

I like to think that since it's popular it then becomes unpopular

Aslyum_Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Aslyum_Beast
Member since 2008 • 975 Posts

It got boring.

PsYcHo_BrOwNiE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 PsYcHo_BrOwNiE
Member since 2009 • 5059 Posts
I like the game, especially online
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
seems that 'everyone' hates every single popular game that was ever released; Halo, Gears, Oblivion, Fallout, Mass Effect we all hate them damn it! (i do fall into the category of 'everyone' dont i?
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#28 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

seems that 'everyone' hates every single popular game that was ever released; Halo, Gears, Oblivion, Fallout, Mass Effect we all hate them damn it! (i do fall into the category of 'everyone' dont i?chaoscougar1
Wow, I don't hate any of those games.:|

Dudewrsmygame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Dudewrsmygame
Member since 2010 • 382 Posts

I think some critics like to just hate good games, i mean it's been 2 titles only and both were good, i don't know why they hate it either, some said that the series were weairng out(don't kow why they said that either?)

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

[QUOTE="chaoscougar1"]seems that 'everyone' hates every single popular game that was ever released; Halo, Gears, Oblivion, Fallout, Mass Effect we all hate them damn it! (i do fall into the category of 'everyone' dont i?mitu123

Wow, I don't hate any of those games.:|

how do you miss the sarcasm? :|
Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

The series became extremely popular with both hardcore and casual gamers, to the point that it became cooler to bash it. There are also those who overplayed it for three months straight, confusing the fact that they're sick of the series with it being a bad game.Englando_IV

This, pretty much. Some gamers have a short attention span. When a game's new, it's the best thing ever until something else comes out.

albatrossdrums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 albatrossdrums
Member since 2008 • 1178 Posts

[QUOTE="airshocker"]

TheMightyHoov

Exactly, most people have legitimate reasons.

I am not going say my reasons for disliking it. I have said it too many times.

MW2 threads have to stop. People need to learn to use the search function...

I can't add anything to this, except the fact that they released the game without beta testing the multiplayer and haven't been able to keep up with the bugs/cheats and exploits since day one as a result. And frankly they gave the impression that they simply did not care enough to bother - all they seemed to care about was getting it in stores on release day and making a mint. What amazed me most was how virtually the entire game reviewing industry gave it a free pass and did not even report on the myriad problems until it had already become a big joke on youtube, and even then they did little to report anything themselves except post links to videos gamers had uploaded showing all the problems. Sorry but to suggest the only reason some people have taken a strong dislike to the game is because it is popular is childish poppycock.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

I love the game also. It just got really popular, so the cool thing to do was hate it. Yeah it has its flaws, but what game doesn't?

RapidTurtle
There's that, but its also a victim of its own hype. People talked it up, like it was going to be the greatest thing since oxygen. And in the end it was just more CoD, that isn't a bad thing depending on your outlook. But I think alot of people took to the hype, rushed out and bought it on launch day because it was the cool thing to do and was disappointed that it wasn't the best and most perfect game ever.

It's just that everybody is always dogging it and saying how bad the community is.

Xeogua
The XBL community in general is pretty bad.
Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
Gotta pay the cost to be the boss. In this case, MW2 is at the top, commercially and videogame community wise. So, out of those millions and millions who purchased and didn't purchase the game, there will be haters amongst em all. That's just a given. And this falls for not just videogames alone.
FullMetalRoze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FullMetalRoze
Member since 2010 • 169 Posts

What are you talking about?:shock: Everyone love mw2 and mw1:D

dudebot12345678

Not everyone loves MW2 & MW1, because I don't. I played the older COD games and prefer those to the new ones :) I don't know why, but I just do

WingedHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 WingedHero
Member since 2008 • 207 Posts

1. Hype

2. They suck at the game.

Matthew-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Matthew-first
Member since 2005 • 3318 Posts

*started crying... becoz of the next MW2 thread*
I... eee..... plz just stop making them.

(btw. i like that game.)

Kaim91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Kaim91
Member since 2010 • 967 Posts

I like the game, and I play it on a casual basis. But some things annoy me, which might also be some of the reasons many others dislike it too. After playing a few rounds, I often think to myself "Why do I keep playing this?" Since I sometimes get the urge to play the game despite these flaws, it has to be a good game in my opinion, doesn't it?

1. Camping. There are campers EVERYWHERE!

2. Killstreaks. Campers suddenly get a plane flying above everyone's heads that blasts them off. Yay.

3. Poor spawning system. Spawning randomly on the map isn't always a good thing. It's fun spawning right behind an enemy and just shoot him in the neck, but the opposite thing isn't as fun. That is, spawning right IN FRONT of an enemy that shoots YOUR neck.

laliberte11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#39 laliberte11
Member since 2008 • 4246 Posts

most people complain because the M16A4 is too overpowering, im not gonna lie it is, but hardly anyone uses it, and the maps are campers paradise, but everyone knows the camper spots and the campers die fairly quickly, also the spawn system is crap, ive seen people spawn right in front of me before

GamerLegend10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 GamerLegend10

most people complain because the M16A4 is too overpowering, im not gonna lie it is, but hardly anyone uses it, and the maps are campers paradise, but everyone knows the camper spots and the campers die fairly quickly, also the spawn system is crap, ive seen people spawn right in front of me before

laliberte11

hardy anyone uses the M16A4, because there not good enough with it and instead use there fully auotomatic guns cuz all they have to do is hold down the trigger, without using any skill at all (the noobs(not that everyone that uses automatic guns are noobs though))

GamerLegend10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 GamerLegend10

guys stop bothering the guy about this topic, so what if there are a lot of MW2 topics, this guy seems to be fairly new to GS so leave him alone (i made a load of random topics when i first came on here(lol, still do sometimes))

Avatar image for XD4NTESINF3RNOX
XD4NTESINF3RNOX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 XD4NTESINF3RNOX
Member since 2008 • 7438 Posts
lol I love the logic oh they hate the game because they suck at it :roll: worst logic ever
AlwaysHaveHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 AlwaysHaveHope
Member since 2007 • 185 Posts

the people that say " they only hate the game cuz they suck at it" are the losers running around noob tubing/ commando knifing

tomrocks666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 tomrocks666
Member since 2005 • 3569 Posts

i havent played it for a couple of weeks so im probably a bit rubbish again atm, but i love it, i hate some aspects of it but its not the game itself, its the people who take advantage of it and flaunt nooby things. there is an aspect of the game feeling like its only there to make some rich people richer, because of the map pack and the fact that its the latest in a long running franchise. people are bound to hate it.

ImproveMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ImproveMind
Member since 2010 • 172 Posts

People don't like the game because the fact of the matter is it is inherently broken. The problems with the game are not surface problems like an unbalanced gun or a small glitch, but a flawed core which shows itself in terrible gameplay. The first issue is that the game lacks a single good map. We will never see these maps again in future games because all, and I mean all of them, are very broken or unbalanced in one way or another. The second problem comes with the high damage/low health system. This makes every single weapon basically the same. 3 bullets from an assault rifle will kill you and 3 bullets from pistol will kill you; therefore in MW2 an assault rifle = pistol. Killstreaks are another huge issue with the game because they promote camping and slow gameplay. I see nothing wrong with the 3-5-7 killstreaks in CoD4 and WaW, and I actually think they are a great idea. In MW2 having super power killstreaks at 10+ and a nuke at 25 allows people to camp easily because it is beneficial to do so. I used to sit in the corner of Afghan get 5 kills with my sniper rifle then get another 45 with killstreaks. Now, before you say that camping is a legitimate strategy... blah blah blah... I want you to tell me that you love not being able to move around the battlefield out of cover for even a few seconds before someone sitting in a 3rd floor window kills you with 3 shots. MW2 will always be hated because it is truly a bad game. Whilst it looks good on the outside, the broken game mechanics really start to show after a few hours of play.