Why do you hate campers?

• 119 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ihavenonickname
ihavenonickname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ihavenonickname
Member since 2008 • 637 Posts

I have never heard so much whining about campers. I mean if you see a guy sitting in the corner and he kills you don't go in without a flash or grenade in the room, for that matter I never go in a room without tossing a flash in the room. I have played a good amount of TDM, ground war, free-for-all and various assortment of objective games and have came across 2 or 3 campers in FFA.

Chogyam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Chogyam
Member since 2003 • 1887 Posts

lack of skill.

vp22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 vp22
Member since 2008 • 1443 Posts

lack of skill.

Chogyam
this
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts

Very dull and tedious to clear room after room. That is why I love TF2 the enemy can camp all that they want but it wont do them any good.

Zemus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Zemus
Member since 2003 • 9304 Posts

lack of skill.

Chogyam

That has nothing to do with it. That excuse has been used sinse the Original Quake Days on PC.

All it is, is aggrovation. nothing more. People get mad because they keep dying. Sure maybe the guy isn't the best player in the world at shooters, but guess what, He is winning, Your loosing, and its bugging you, thats all, Find a way to outsmart them and youll win. And if you can't, then maybe its time to rethinkYOUR strategy. Because no matter what. Campers will always exist, it has been a playstyle for like 15 years, its not going to end.

Chogyam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Chogyam
Member since 2003 • 1887 Posts

any jane-nobody can sit in a corner and rack up kills. Thats it. Yes i have a great strategy, its called "being smarter that your camping a$$" I'm mostly in the top 2 on my team, which mostly always wins cause a team of Campers vs a team of skilled players will always loose. I hate campers, but i still enjoy the game. Playing match after match against them DOES get fustrating.

------If i want a slow paced game, I'll go play BF2: Project reality. At least they can have 60min games, and you need them. I dont want Short MW2 match, where you spend all your time searching for campers.

jad206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jad206
Member since 2009 • 1821 Posts

Becuase i dont buy shooters to play Hide-N-Seek?

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

[QUOTE="Chogyam"]

lack of skill.

Zemus

That has nothing to do with it. That excuse has been used sinse the Original Quake Days on PC.

All it is, is aggrovation. nothing more. People get mad because they keep dying. Sure maybe the guy isn't the best player in the world at shooters, but guess what, He is winning, Your loosing, and its bugging you, thats all, Find a way to outsmart them and youll win. And if you can't, then maybe its time to rethinkYOUR strategy. Because no matter what. Campers will always exist, it has been a playstyle for like 15 years, its not going to end.

and what happens if every player camps hmmm?

its spelt aggravation btw

Darkslayer16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Darkslayer16
Member since 2006 • 3619 Posts

What I don't get is why people ***** and complain when a sniper camps.. as if they expect them to just run around close combat like an idiot. If you can't kill someone that doesn't move then you just suck because after a while you tend to clue in they camp. I personally don't camp but it doesn't bother me because they are just free kills.

DvnDrgnXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DvnDrgnXD
Member since 2006 • 530 Posts

What I don't get is why people ***** and complain when a sniper camps.. as if they expect them to just run around close combat like an idiot. If you can't kill someone that doesn't move then you just suck because after a while you tend to clue in they camp. I personally don't camp but it doesn't bother me because they are just free kills.

Darkslayer16

If you can't kill someone that doesn't move then you just suck!

Couldnt agree more!

NlKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 NlKO
Member since 2009 • 121 Posts

Without campers, who would punish the run 'n' gunners?:)

Mr_arizona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Mr_arizona
Member since 2006 • 3829 Posts

Who says camping does not equal skill?

No I'm not talking about people who hide from start to finish but people who use it for a competitive advantage.

Lets say I'm playing Halo and someone is running around with a shotgun I'm not just going to announce that I'm around the corner so I'll wait till he doesn't know I'm there and either assassinate or shoot him before he knows it. Same goes for boom on Gears.

Avatar image for TIE_Elite_Pilot
TIE_Elite_Pilot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 TIE_Elite_Pilot
Member since 2004 • 829 Posts

I think "camping" and "tactically using corners/buildings" get's confused alot. every time someone stays in a room for 3 seconds, it seems like someone is howling "OMGzorz, CAMp3rs!!!". there's a difference between playing dumb and playing smart. i tend to dash from building to building in CoD (I actually play CoD like I do gears, just with a few tweaks). If I'm in a building, it's to re-group and reload. the fact that 3-5 people dash in a building in a 7 second span and I whipe the floor with all of them doesn't mean someone is camping. and if I can, after a couple kills in one spot, I figure my clock is just about up unless I get the **** outta there.

UT_Wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#14 UT_Wrestler
Member since 2004 • 16426 Posts
Because I hate their stupid tents and coleman lanterns :)
the_kidisblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 the_kidisblack
Member since 2008 • 1184 Posts
They ruin the game. Just imagine, you've just got a Pavelow, you're just about to kill a guy for an AC130 and then BAM! Someone sitting in a corner camping kills you from a window just before you kill the dude. People who camp have no skill and ruin the game for those who enjoy it. Sure, it's ok if you are sniping, but when you sit with a FAMAS and just wait it ticks me off so much.
SnipeyMcSnipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 SnipeyMcSnipe
Member since 2006 • 2010 Posts

No, I don't hate campers. I don't camp myself but I hate the amount of whining about campers. There are hiders and there are seekers.

Face it people...if you give the option to people to go wherever they want in a video game there will be camping. It's just human nature. There's never going to be some univeral agreement or terms of use that state camping is wrong. It is never going to go away as long as first person shooters exist.

Personally I think the argument that it is a lack of skill is ridiculous. As far as I'm concerned you should never be killed by a camper more than once or twice. If you don't know how to find / flank / grenade out a camper then you my friend lack the skill. As I was saying, hiders and seekers. You can study the mindset and psychology of people who play FPSs and it will only promise you that camping will always be there.The way I see you guys should be glad you have UAV and killcam for MW2.

Adapt and overcome, that's my two cents.

Nemesis4747

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Nemesis4747
Member since 2004 • 1104 Posts

i only camp if i know some oblivious idiots are coming up on my position and dont have UAV, never cap for long though usually il just try and flank em, especially people with the damn riot shield

narog84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 narog84
Member since 2006 • 1126 Posts

they are fine , if you know the map they are screw

Brak_N_Zorak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Brak_N_Zorak
Member since 2003 • 969 Posts
they don't bother me at all at first but if they kill me a second time i get peed cause i was an idiot for not remembering his/her position. i am also more aware of all the hiding spots in the maps now that i have been playing awhile.
joke_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 joke_man
Member since 2005 • 1177 Posts

Hating them is completely dependent upon where they camp..... If I find them in my backyard ignoring my "NO LOITERING" and "NO SQUATTING" signs, I'm pissed. If they decide to hang around my neighbors place (the one with the annoying kids and constantly barking dogs), I have no problem tossing the occasional frozen pizza to pop into his backyard brick oven.....

dkidfrmdbx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#21 dkidfrmdbx
Member since 2005 • 453 Posts

I like MW2, but the fact is on levels like derail and the one with the house, the fun is drained because people stay in one place. I know people will argue that you suck for not finding that person, but if you get killed 10 times and can only kill someone 2 times it will get frustraing. There are other levels where people fight straight up which in my opinion are fast paced and more fun. I used to love gears of war 2 becuase usually youd find yourself in shotgun matches with people, that has all gone to hell now due to cheaters modding games and people who chainsaw too much. AT the end of the day its way more fun to fight straight up with someone else as opposed to walking and being shot down every time you respawn. its cool to have snipers, but when the whole team snipes its real cheap.

imperial_agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#22 imperial_agent
Member since 2006 • 2195 Posts

the annoying thing about campers is that they'll always kill you the first time around because you don't expect them to be there. it's like they get a cheap kill off you. however, if you fall for the same trick twice, then it's not the campers fault you suck at the game. infact, if a camper kills you once, you should know where to find him the next time you spawn and this time YOU get a free kill.

Snipers who camp are fine. Snipers are supposed to camp. I don't mind a camping Sniper because it's metigated by the fact that Snipers are taking a risk by choosing a class that is extremely vulnerable from the sides and the back, plus the Sniper rifle has a slow rate a fire and a long reload time. That kind of balances it out.

Team Fortress 2 is a great game for people who hate campers and for people who love to camp. The Sniper, Engineer, and to some extent the Pyro and Demoman, are perfect for people who like setting up traps and camping their position. On the other hand, Scouts, Spies, Medics, Heavy, and Soldiers will just steam roll through any campers along the way. Great game, one of my faviortes.

SavageM2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SavageM2
Member since 2005 • 10800 Posts

I think "camping" and "tactically using corners/buildings" get's confused alot. every time someone stays in a room for 3 seconds, it seems like someone is howling "OMGzorz, CAMp3rs!!!". there's a difference between playing dumb and playing smart. i tend to dash from building to building in CoD (I actually play CoD like I do gears, just with a few tweaks). If I'm in a building, it's to re-group and reload. the fact that 3-5 people dash in a building in a 7 second span and I whipe the floor with all of them doesn't mean someone is camping. and if I can, after a couple kills in one spot, I figure my clock is just about up unless I get the **** outta there.

TIE_Elite_Pilot

Pretty much what I was going to say. I hate when I get called a camper even though I was sitting in a spot a whole 5 seconds to reload and scan the area before moving on.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 deactivated-5b31d3729c1fa
Member since 2007 • 11536 Posts

i dont hate them, i just take all my anger out on them

Mr_arizona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Mr_arizona
Member since 2006 • 3829 Posts

If you can't kill someone who set up a tent and started a camp fire then you have problems.

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts

I think Red vs. Blue sums it up best (camping quote at 1:43)

Camping: Its a legitimate strategy :P

WARNING: STRONG LANGUAGE PRESENT IN VIDEO

Avatar image for StephenBassford
StephenBassford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 StephenBassford
Member since 2004 • 889 Posts

In my opinion, camping ruins the purpose of the game (at least in deathmatch arcade style modes).

A good comparison to be made is that campers are like the people in simulation racing games that crash into you just to mess you up.

Why do they do it? Because it's the only way they can win.

XRED_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 XRED_0
Member since 2008 • 775 Posts
IMO, camping ruins the game because they are depending on you (or another player) that does not camp to approach their line of sight and continue the game for THEM. Think about it: if everyone camps, no one will get a kill and in essence, the game will never end (unless there's a time limit).
drocka11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 drocka11
Member since 2009 • 364 Posts
Using cover in a room to check out, and camping while laying down in a random spot are two different things..... Its absolutely ridiculous when you see someone not looking... pop out for a second to get him, and someone from across the map laying in a corner picks you off -- where is the skill in that? You got behind the guy, and you get punished because some kid is so bad he lays in one spot the entire match. Another thing, if I get spawn killed by an AC 130 or a predator missile one more time I am going to throw my disk at the wall Whats your excuse for that?.. "Ohhh your so bad you cant dodge giant missals the second you spawn" In my opinion, the games just not that fun....... I love Gears of War online, because its done in rounds -- you feel like your in a battle because matches can be 4-to-4 and winner takes all.. Sometimes you just never feel that excitement for getting a kill in COD.. Just not my cup of tea and Im not bad at it, I win alot of matches -- and I have a good K/D.. I just think the multi player really -- despite what the frenzy of COD fan boys will say... Is bad -- and I am not alone on this.. Because alot of die hard fans of the first one agree with me too.
billyd5301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 billyd5301
Member since 2008 • 1572 Posts
It's annoying plain and simple. Many times when you are playing something like Domination, you have campers that refuse to do anything else but sit there and pick off kills while their team gets destroyed. I think they should limit it to something like 2 sniper kits per team, but you would still have campers using other weapons. Hey if it's free for all, fine do whatever you want. If you are playing an objective based game you shouldn't be camping just to annoy the hell out of everyone else.
joke_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 joke_man
Member since 2005 • 1177 Posts

Hating them is completely dependent upon where they camp..... If I find them in my backyard ignoring my "NO LOITERING" and "NO SQUATTING" signs, I'm pissed. If they decide to hang around my neighbors place (the one with the annoying kids and constantly barking dogs), I have no problem tossing the occasional frozen pizza to pop into his backyard brick oven.....

a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#32 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts

There's always a complaint about a weapon or tactic that works well. If it were easy to kill campers, then no one would complain; but since people constantly get killed by a camping enemy, they feel the need to announce that camping is for noobs and requires no skill. It's probably a method of stress relief, or an insult used to influence the other team to run around more often so that they're easier to shoot.

drocka11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 drocka11
Member since 2009 • 364 Posts

There's always a complaint about a weapon or tactic that works well. If it were easy to kill campers, then no one would complain; but since people constantly get killed by a camping enemy, they feel the need to announce that camping is for noobs and requires no skill. It's probably a method of stress relief, or an insult used to influence the other team to run around more often so that they're easier to shoot.

a55a55inx

whenever I hear someone **** about it, they just do it more.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts

lack of skill.

Chogyam
good comment :)
Zemus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 Zemus
Member since 2003 • 9304 Posts

They ruin the game. Just imagine, you've just got a Pavelow, you're just about to kill a guy for an AC130 and then BAM! Someone sitting in a corner camping kills you from a window just before you kill the dude. People who camp have no skill and ruin the game for those who enjoy it. Sure, it's ok if you are sniping, but when you sit with a FAMAS and just wait it ticks me off so much. the_kidisblack

Uhh, that would be your fault for not paying attention to your surroundings.

But its never YOUR fault when you die is it? Its always the other guy for being cheap. :lol:

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#36 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts

I don't. There are only two kinds of campers, one that is set up in a position to kill people while taking cover or surprising enemies or one that is sitting in the middle of nowhere doing nothing. The first one is how smart people play games, getting ready for your enemy when you know they are coming or covering a side of the map or objectives, the second kind doesn't really effect me at all. Because I like to snipe I usually stay in one spot for awhile. I don't know who decided that the "right" way to play Call of Duty is to run around like an idiot the entire time. People who camp in the middle of nowhere, like a little corner of a room that can only overlook the other side of the room, which leads nowhere, is kind of annoying but at the same time it is pointless and doesn't do them any good in any type of gametype. There's nothing wrong with people laying down and waiting somewhere to watch a doorway or alley with heavy player traffic.

Just imagine, you've just got a Pavelow, you're just about to kill a guy for an AC130 and then BAM! Someone sitting in a corner camping kills you from a window just before you kill the dude. People who camp have no skill and ruin the game for those who enjoy it. Sure, it's ok if you are sniping, but when you sit with a FAMAS and just wait it ticks me off so much.

How dare people use windows, cover, and duck to increase their accuraccy. If he was a real man with skill and talent he would have jumped out the window, charged, and stabbed you.

lil_d_mack_314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 lil_d_mack_314
Member since 2006 • 13969 Posts
there is WAY more camping in MW2 than there is in MW1. at the beginning i understood because every one was new to it etc. but now its like no one wants to stand up and shoot any more, i dont get it whats so fun about sitting in the corner and shooting people that walk by? almost every time i die is because i get shot in the back (due to weird spawns or some guy sitting in a random corner, i seriously have been spawned in front of the other team and right behind them wtf?) in any case if they fix the spawns i will not complain about campers in MW2 again.
hammerofcrom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 hammerofcrom
Member since 2009 • 1323 Posts

I think Red vs. Blue sums it up best (camping quote at 1:43)

Camping: Its a legitimate strategy :P

WARNING: STRONG LANGUAGE PRESENT IN VIDEO

chaoscougar1
lol, the best part is that those guys knew the future. that was made with Halo 1, 8 years later, we have Halo 3 and it's just like that. on the topic, only time I hate campers, is generally when I botch it, and get killed by one twice in a row. third time is always the charm though. although they are more irritating on a game like BFBC when you don't have a killcam to root them out, and the maps are that much bigger.
Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

[QUOTE="Chogyam"]

lack of skill.

Zemus

Exactly, so what did I do? instead of going out like a crazy man now I'm playing as a sniper and have sooooooooo much fun with camper noobs, they keep dying and cursing me because "WTF you MUST be hacking!!" screw you campers! who's crying now huh!?!

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

[QUOTE="Zemus"]

[QUOTE="Chogyam"]

lack of skill.

_TheJoker_

Exactly, so what did I do? instead of going out like a crazy man now I'm playing as a sniper and have sooooooooo much fun with camper noobs, they keep dying and cursing me because "WTF you MUST be hacking!!" screw you campers! who's crying now huh!?!

BTW I don't camp as a sniper, I kill 2-3 guys and then move away with my PP2000 until I run out of ammo, it's really fun ^^

Miles347

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Miles347
Member since 2009 • 131 Posts
Campers are hated for 1 reason. ~They sit and wait in corners till someone runs past them, and when a person does, they can just unload on them getting an easy kill. Campin takes no skill.
-eddy-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 -eddy-
Member since 2006 • 11443 Posts
spawn campers are really annoying. campers are just unskilled.
monson21502

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 monson21502
Member since 2009 • 8230 Posts
spawn campers are really annoying. campers are just unskilled.-eddy-
last nite i was on MW2 and the other team had us pinned down so bad we couldnt move without getting our heads blown off. other teammates were cusing. i thought it was funnny. i think the board was skyrise or something like that.
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

lack of skill.

Chogyam

Agreed!

MazehcS0ul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MazehcS0ul
Member since 2009 • 1773 Posts

They are really annoying.

GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
I don't actually hate them. If someone sits in one spot that should make them an easy kill.
Avatar image for hardcoregamer92
hardcoregamer92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 hardcoregamer92
Member since 2006 • 1124 Posts

All right campers, picture this:

READY, SET... EVERYBODY CAMP!!! *Tumbleweed blows by*

Yep, no problems if everyone thought like a camper, right? -_-"

Dezza58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Dezza58
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

It doesn't really bother me. Campers are easy targets anyway. But it is annoying when they camp throughout the whole game.

Avatar image for hardcoregamer92
hardcoregamer92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 hardcoregamer92
Member since 2006 • 1124 Posts

I've debated many topics similar to this, so I'll just pose a question to elicit some conversation:

Is the Gears of War 2-piece analogous with camping in Modern Warfare 2. Support your answer.