Why do people care so much....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

peimbee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 peimbee
Member since 2004 • 33 Posts
...about what games show up under their gamer history??? I understand how achievement points can be a big deal to people. Achievement points can show you how serious a gamer the person you're playing is. But who really cares if you played Cars or Viva Pinata (gasp!) one time when you home alone and were just curious. I saw a thread on here where someone was asking if you could delete a game from your gamer history. Why would you want to do it? I'm not asking it to be mean spirited or make fun of these people. I just don't understand the line of thinking and want to know. Personally, I couldnt care less if a person saw on my gamer history that I played Cars and came away with no achievement points or that I played Viva Pinata and actually scored 50. Thanks in advance for any replies.
RebornInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#2 RebornInFlames
Member since 2006 • 1192 Posts
i just dont like having to scroll through them, when comparing to other ppls games. it just clutters up the menu with a bunch of stupid trial games that you never unlocked, and can't get gamerpoints for, so why even have them there in a menu specifically made for comparing achievements?
LessThanMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LessThanMike
Member since 2002 • 5364 Posts
I actually got a bunch of points from viva pinata, it was a great game
t8z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 t8z
Member since 2006 • 119 Posts
I think that games you got 0 for shouldn't show up. Or you can choose to hide them or something. It is really annoying scrolling through them when comparing, or looking to see someones score on a specific game...
peimbee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 peimbee
Member since 2004 • 33 Posts
I guess I should also add that I have NOTHING against Cars or Viva Pinata. They are both very good games. I dont want this topic to get flooded with a millions posts about how Cars and VP are great games and I should give them a chance even though they're marketed towards kids. People can get a little too passionate about games.
Anabub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Anabub
Member since 2006 • 8316 Posts
The ones that do tick me off though are the XBLA game demo's that show but only cos you have played the demo - then just sit there with a big fat zero ... almost provking you in to submission - so you buy the full game
PhantomNemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 PhantomNemesis
Member since 2004 • 265 Posts
I only care about the ones that were so bad to actually play, like Dynasty Warriors 5 *shivers*. Doesn't matter whether the game isn't violent or whatever people would be ashamed about, it's a game, or free gamerscore!
q8hr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 q8hr
Member since 2004 • 5354 Posts
Personally I dont care about what games show up nor my gamer points. I play games for fun and for what they are.
hivestar311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 hivestar311
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts
I assume the people that care about it just don't want their friends to know they're playing Rumble Roses XX or DOAX2. ;)
fazio93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 160

#10 fazio93
Member since 2005 • 2940 Posts

I actually got a bunch of points from viva pinata, it was a great gameLessThanMike

i played the demo and i didn't care much for it, but lots of ppl said it was great