why cod4 ruined every other shooting game.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cLAssic_BLUE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cLAssic_BLUE
Member since 2007 • 599 Posts
my buddy and I were saying that no other fps is ever going to match cod4 controls. i mean, no game is as smooth, responsive, and easy to control. when i play cod4 multiplayer on live, the game doesnt hold u back as far as doing what u want your guy to do. what i mean is if i want to sprint across that street, jump over that wall, crouch and then dodge those bullets while cooking and tossing a grenade, i feel like i could do all that with no problem. i aint bashing any other game,but after playing BiA:HH,farcry 2 and gears,etc i just couldnt play with their non cod controls. thats probably why i could never play a game like gears. i always felt like i could never truly make my guy do what i really wanted to do resulting in me getting owned. a game which is nearly as good is halo 3. anybody agree or what?
saiyanlarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 saiyanlarry
Member since 2003 • 548 Posts
I just have to mention something about "non-CoD" controls. Far Cry 2 - A = Jump, B = crouch, X = reload, LT = look down sight, RT = fire weapon, RB = throw grenade, click LS = sprint. A FPS couldn't have closer controls to CoD than that. I feel just as in control in Far Cry 2 as in CoD 4, but CoD is just faster and more responsive.
MrSlippery39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 MrSlippery39
Member since 2004 • 730 Posts

I just have to mention something about "non-CoD" controls. Far Cry 2 - A = Jump, B = crouch, X = reload, LT = look down sight, RT = fire weapon, RB = throw grenade, click LS = sprint. A FPS couldn't have closer controls to CoD than that. I feel just as in control in Far Cry 2 as in CoD 4, but CoD is just faster and more responsive.saiyanlarry

No. Far Cry 2 has one major flaw in its controls which just makes it completely horrible. It has massive turn acceleration which is just stupid. You can't precisely aim since the only speeds at which you can turn are slow and fast. Try hitting a moving target with a sniper rifle in Far Cry 2, its unnecesarilly hard as ****

I have no clue why they would use that awful outdated turning technique, but for some stupid reason they did.

Alan1187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Alan1187
Member since 2008 • 372 Posts
I hear WaW is about the same lol
cLAssic_BLUE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 cLAssic_BLUE
i should have probably said the cod franchise.
Avatar image for EnigmaticBeauty
EnigmaticBeauty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 EnigmaticBeauty
Member since 2007 • 1297 Posts
Call of Duty 4 had the standard controls used in most shoot'em ups of the same time.
saiyanlarry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 saiyanlarry
Member since 2003 • 548 Posts

[QUOTE="saiyanlarry"]I just have to mention something about "non-CoD" controls. Far Cry 2 - A = Jump, B = crouch, X = reload, LT = look down sight, RT = fire weapon, RB = throw grenade, click LS = sprint. A FPS couldn't have closer controls to CoD than that. I feel just as in control in Far Cry 2 as in CoD 4, but CoD is just faster and more responsive.MrSlippery39

No. Far Cry 2 has one major flaw in its controls which just makes it completely horrible. It has massive turn acceleration which is just stupid. You can't precisely aim since the only speeds at which you can turn are slow and fast. Try hitting a moving target with a sniper rifle in Far Cry 2, its unnecesarilly hard as ****

I have no clue why they would use that awful outdated turning technique, but for some stupid reason they did.

Don't say no. Everything I said was true. Those are the default button layouts. And if you noticed I said CoD is faster and more responsive (i.e. no turn acceleration so more fluid aiming). Still, crying about the aiming like you do just makes it sound like you are bad at the game. I play lots of CoD 4 but I have no problem aiming in this game.
cLAssic_BLUE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cLAssic_BLUE
but no game can match it responsiveness,smoothness, and so easy to control your actions.
suicidaldys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 suicidaldys
Member since 2007 • 48 Posts

I hear WaW is about the same lolAlan1187

Lol i was guna say the same thing!!

But I do agree other FPS`s should take note of COD`s freedom to move, just look at Farcry2 it is by far the worst for the movement with the pointless accelaration, if you ask me thats the only let down of the game.

cLAssic_BLUE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 cLAssic_BLUE

WaW is thinking if it aint broke, dont fix it.:lol:

simo98088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 simo98088
Member since 2003 • 927 Posts
I prefer BF BC controls over COD 4.
misfit_780

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 misfit_780
Member since 2006 • 339 Posts
If you go into the control options onBIA:HH there is a set up called Tour Of Duty it changes the control layout so that it is identical to COD 4. I thought that was a nice touch from Gearbox.
cLAssic_BLUE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cLAssic_BLUE
i did that
ViceVersa_k20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ViceVersa_k20
Member since 2007 • 71 Posts
well idk they all seem to be good to me =D...
terabyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 terabyt
Member since 2008 • 52 Posts
Let's not compare gears with cod simply because one is a thrid person over the shoulder view and the other isn't. I loved cod, but after playing it constantly with my mates and getting to... the 5th prestige I just got bored. It's still GOTY 07 though!
JJpenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#16 JJpenguin
Member since 2006 • 955 Posts
Cod 4 hasn't ruined any games for me, sure the controls are tight, but it's not like other games aren't.
chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
think youe just been plaing cod 4 too long, its hard when youve been playing one FPS for so long to change to another one and immediately be able to get the games sensitivity and feel quickly
alstevens83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 alstevens83
Member since 2008 • 1462 Posts

Me personally (and this is my POV) I think what call of Duty 4 duty 4 has done is created a set amount of fans which will play another game and the first reaction is "This game is never going to touch COD4", and from this they will not be able to enjoy other games on the merit that they are good games.

hooded1man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 hooded1man
Member since 2004 • 1099 Posts

cLAssic_BLUE

WaW isnt nearly as good as CoD4. The best thing about CoD is the ability to shoot through walls.

arachosia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 arachosia
Member since 2003 • 1647 Posts
I think the main reason COD4 controls so well is because it runs at 60fps. Most games only run at half this speed so they feel sluggish in comparison.
purplemooose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 purplemooose
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I never noticed anything like this, and cod4 never ruined anything in my opinion. i think cod was a ruined game, campaign was breathtaking but the multiplayer... jees its horrible.
zeorshadow19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 zeorshadow19
Member since 2007 • 1471 Posts
You have the option of re-mapping the controls to be the same as COD4 right?
olpfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 olpfan
Member since 2004 • 836 Posts
cod4 is a perfectly designed game, campaign is awesome and multiplayer is uncomparable with any other fps out there.
terabyt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 terabyt
Member since 2008 • 52 Posts
WaW isnt nearly as good as CoD4. The best thing about CoD is the ability to shoot through walls. hooded1man
Wow seriously? What a boring time you must've had playing cod. That's like saying 'the best thing about pizza is that you can throw it far'.
suicidaldys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 suicidaldys
Member since 2007 • 48 Posts

I never noticed anything like this, and cod4 never ruined anything in my opinion. i think cod was a ruined game, campaign was breathtaking but the multiplayer... jees its horrible.purplemooose

Multiplayer horrible? please explain.

aRE-you-AFraid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 aRE-you-AFraid
Member since 2006 • 3234 Posts
I agree with you. I loved CoD so much that I often press the wrong buttons in Halo to try to reload and crouch. I want to play CoD right now!
EMOEVOLUTION

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 EMOEVOLUTION
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts
This is like saying that planet earth will be here forever. But we all ready know that 's impossible. So it's just a silly thing to say.
aRE-you-AFraid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 aRE-you-AFraid
Member since 2006 • 3234 Posts

[QUOTE="purplemooose"]I never noticed anything like this, and cod4 never ruined anything in my opinion. i think cod was a ruined game, campaign was breathtaking but the multiplayer... jees its horrible.suicidaldys

Multiplayer horrible? please explain.

Yes, I'd really like to know why too

D_Barksdale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 D_Barksdale
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Is is it too late to get cod4? I'm really intruiged by this game, but i'm hesitant to pick it up because i'm afraid it's too late in the game's lifestyle and that since people have been playing this game for the last year i'll never be able to catch up to most players' skill level. should i still get it?

Avatar image for KaotiK_un_basic
KaotiK_un_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KaotiK_un_basic
Member since 2002 • 2128 Posts

if someone makes a cod4 with a farcry2 map maker.. that game will be the be all, end all of fps.

(doubt it'll ever happen though, atleast not on xbox.. not with M$ greed from dlc, they wont allow it i imagine)

wtfandyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 wtfandyk
Member since 2003 • 463 Posts
I agree with the stream lined controls that are very user friendly but I dont think the overall online ruins all other shooters. When I played COD4 i felt that the online play was extremely easy it is nothing to not play at all for awhile pick up the paddle and go on a 15 kill streak without much effort. Dont get me wrong COD franchisse is def one of the best shooters out there but i dont think it is redefining or ruining other shooters
Fakenamelmao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Fakenamelmao
Member since 2005 • 336 Posts
i think it has ruined most shooters but i will still play gears 2, fallout 3 and bioshock etc etc.
wtfandyk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 wtfandyk
Member since 2003 • 463 Posts
How has it ruined anything i dont understand it? There is nothing revolutionary about this game and its MP it is built on a simple formula that has been used for awhile and it is just on par with the rest of the online shooters world. Yes it has great control scheme but dont play COD for a week and play something else and you will learn new controls for a new game I mean i dono but it doesnt take me to long to learn new controls for a game. Maybe you people need to stop burying your heads in the COD sand and play some other games.
thebaronmoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#34 thebaronmoo
Member since 2007 • 246 Posts
COD4=Overrated
-SPECTER-MIKE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 -SPECTER-MIKE
Member since 2008 • 576 Posts

cLAssic_BLUE

So what, I should just pay 60 for the same game over and over.

iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
the game is great. i don't think they ruined the game.
AlwaysHaveHope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#37 AlwaysHaveHope
Member since 2007 • 185 Posts
it is a good game
KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 136

User Lists: 1

#38 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts

think youe just been plaing cod 4 too long, its hard when youve been playing one FPS for so long to change to another one and immediately be able to get the games sensitivity and feel quicklychaoscougar1

Yeah I've been playing CoD4 for about 6 months and then I tried to play Halo 3 and I got pwned so hard.

KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 136

User Lists: 1

#39 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts

Is is it too late to get cod4? I'm really intruiged by this game, but i'm hesitant to pick it up because i'm afraid it's too late in the game's lifestyle and that since people have been playing this game for the last year i'll never be able to catch up to most players' skill level. should i still get it?

D_Barksdale

I would say move on to CoD:WaW but that all depends if you don't mind using WWII guns along with more SP features and couple of more perks and attatchments for MP but if you don't like WWII shooters then buy CoD4 because that game is going to be popular for at least another 6-8months.

Palantas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Palantas
Member since 2002 • 15329 Posts

In Call of Duty, I can't stand the fact that left stick is sprint. Why can't I map that to left bumper? More to the point, why can't I map the controls to do whatever I like? I hate that, the old school console gaming mentality, "You vill play zee game our vay!" I praise the Half-Life and Unreal Tournament controls, simply because I can set them up however I like. There is no excuse, in this day and age, for a game not to have fully customizable controls.

nate_c-12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 nate_c-12
Member since 2008 • 3072 Posts
COD 4 set the bar high for following FPS, but that doesnt mean its ruined other great shooters like Gears.
Microdevine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Microdevine
Member since 2008 • 1126 Posts

cLAssic_BLUE
exactly