why are people SO BAD @ L4D online?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Keving7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Keving7
Member since 2005 • 1028 Posts

it is really frusturating to play L4D online as the humans. every time, i have these terrible teammates who either sprint ahead or lag behind, which causes me to say "hmm should i stay with the person who is ahead/behind? or should i basically (pun intended) leave them for dead?"

so i am a nice person, and i go with the person to keep it 2 and 2. i die every time. quickly at that. Then i leave them, they die quickly, and screws the team over.

awesome.

seriously friend request me on xbl if u know how to play the game lol.

rattleheadxyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 rattleheadxyz
Member since 2008 • 677 Posts

I totally agree with you! When I first got Live, before I got friends on Live I tried playing with 'random' people and they had no idea what teamwork was. Add me and I'll watch your back.

me_rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 me_rock
Member since 2004 • 2462 Posts
Feel free to add me because I know how to play! And me and my friend go through this EVERY time we play. Our team ALWAYS sucks and the other team is good, or my team is good and the other team quits. So yeah add me if you want.
scfan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 scfan3
Member since 2004 • 3325 Posts
You guys should be thanking me then. I'm so bad at it right now since I got it that I'm avoiding playing it online to save people from horrible games. I might even sell it after I finish the story since I doubt I'll ever try it out online.
expandingeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 expandingeye
Member since 2007 • 831 Posts
whats your name man? I will add you, i actually stopped playin l4d for a few months now, since i could never find a good team, but if you wanna play today lets hear your name.
Fakenamelmao

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Fakenamelmao
Member since 2005 • 336 Posts
im down to play, just beat no mercy the other night on expert with some people. so i like to think im good :)
a55a55inx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 a55a55inx
Member since 2004 • 4188 Posts
I know what you mean... I hate it when a single person rushes to the safe room, what's the point of the game if you don't cooperate?...
strobeshow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 strobeshow
Member since 2008 • 105 Posts

there's always idiots in every game. for a recent example, i was playing gears 2 with some guy, in co-op. i think it was 3 times i crawled to him (i was on insane, he was on normal i believe) for a revival. all 3 times, he just stood there or walked away.

i went back to the lobby and kicked him lol

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#9 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

I know right? L4D is the easiest game in the world if you communicate and play as a cohesive team.

I always play with my buddies on L4D, never random people, they either dont have mics, suck, or both.

Its awfuL!

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#10 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

You guys should be thanking me then. I'm so bad at it right now since I got it that I'm avoiding playing it online to save people from horrible games. I might even sell it after I finish the story since I doubt I'll ever try it out online.scfan3

Dude...don't be so hard on yourself, eventaully you'll get the hang of it. Just continue to play it off-line until you feel comfortable with the controls and learn the maps.

scfan3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 scfan3
Member since 2004 • 3325 Posts

[QUOTE="scfan3"]You guys should be thanking me then. I'm so bad at it right now since I got it that I'm avoiding playing it online to save people from horrible games. I might even sell it after I finish the story since I doubt I'll ever try it out online.MarcRecon

Dude...don't be so hard on yourself, eventaully you'll get the hang of it. Just continue to play it off-line until you feel comfortable with the controls and learn the maps.

I wasn't actually being hard on myself :S. I really, really hate the gameplay of it that's why I'm so bad at it. I personally think people should learn how to play the game through the single player before jumping to the MP...unless it's a sequel such as the CoD series or Halo.
TQWashington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TQWashington
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Tha's just it. When you play with random people, they don't care whether win or lose. Team work isn't an option simply because you're a stranger. But it's a double edge sword because when you play games like Gear of War 1 people called it team stacking. Meaning people who know each other only play with each other, therefore tend to kick more butt online.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#13 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

The worst is one when one person is lagging way way behind doing silly things, while the other 3 players are movign together at a somewhat fast pace and sticking together.

Jsut stick together people and keep moving! hehehe, it frusterates me to on Left4Dead versus mode, but then again everyone was like that when they started playing the game.

DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

I usually play with three other friends versus mode. We just let each other know to rush or not. Usually no one im our team is left behind but thats because we communicate. As infected we usually have a plan of attack and sometimes those "single guy rushing towards the safe house" teams suffer because of that one guy.

I usually am a team player when it come to helping my team out but there is always that one guy in the team that thinks he's better so I just let him get owned.

Anybody wants to play just send a friend request.

JohnnySN1P3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 JohnnySN1P3R
Member since 2008 • 1916 Posts

it is really frusturating to play L4D online as the humans. every time, i have these terrible teammates who either sprint ahead or lag behind, which causes me to say "hmm should i stay with the person who is ahead/behind? or should i basically (pun intended) leave them for dead?"

so i am a nice person, and i go with the person to keep it 2 and 2. i die every time. quickly at that. Then i leave them, they die quickly, and screws the team over.

awesome.

Keving7
I'll add you, I love Left 4 Dead, but hate people who dipset out of the saferoom. I only do that on the first level of No Mercy, I just jump off the roof and book it to the safehouse.
craigalan23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 craigalan23
Member since 2006 • 15879 Posts
I've found the majority to be great. Though sometimes they're pretty much worthless. I got stuck by a smoker full health and i got killed. I was literally 4 seconds of walking away from them. Also if you want you can add me. craigalan1990
Taggsai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Taggsai
Member since 2007 • 1024 Posts
I never play Left 4 Dead unless I'm playing with 3 of my friends. Otherwise it's frustrating and a waste of time.
wojopro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 wojopro
Member since 2007 • 279 Posts
Id love to play with some actual people that have teamwork. Feel free to add me.
-shmelo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#19 -shmelo-
Member since 2006 • 931 Posts
Yeah it really is a hit and a miss. I'd say people probably are not bad at the game per say but they lack team work and organization. When I get a good team of random guys (only times its ever happened, we all had to add each other as friends) we all say the exact same thing both in campaigns and in versus as survivors "STAY TOGETHER". End of story.
dogman753

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dogman753
Member since 2007 • 174 Posts
[QUOTE="Keving7"]

awesome.

JohnnySN1P3R
I'll add you, I love Left 4 Dead, but hate people who dipset out of the saferoom. I only do that on the first level of No Mercy, I just jump off the roof and book it to the safehouse.

you cant do that in versus they got rid of the little thing and thats the other l4d pet peeve ppl who always wanna glitch through the level or block the survivors path if you can't play the game correctly without cheating ( i consider glitching cheating) then dont play with me XBL gamertag: TheNastyTaco
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
some people online don't play good on games.
SouL-Tak3R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 SouL-Tak3R
Member since 2005 • 4024 Posts
Seriously.
imperial_agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#23 imperial_agent
Member since 2006 • 2195 Posts

i really don't enjoy playing with random people online. a lot of them don't have mics and just ahead. it's impossible to strategize and be smart at difficult spots if your other team mates aren't cooperating or helping you when a zombie gets you.

i stopped playing the game. it's not that i don't like it, i just don't like the idiot people who always end up on my team.

maxgamer8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 maxgamer8
Member since 2007 • 32 Posts
i know thats why the only time i play online is when im with 3 other friends i know. plenty of people play l4d
FalcoLX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FalcoLX
Member since 2007 • 4452 Posts
I wish I could play it more but the homework has been stacking up as of late. I do agree that most people suck. I only played with friends and we won about 90% of the time because the other team wouldn't pay attention to each other.
krunkfu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 krunkfu2
Member since 2007 • 4218 Posts
you should see my gamertag bio
g5velocity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 g5velocity
Member since 2007 • 1017 Posts
Guaranteed death when there is no communication. That's what pisses me off the most. WTF goes online to a multiplayer co-op game and stays silent? Either anti-social or doesn't speak engrish.
RebornInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#28 RebornInFlames
Member since 2006 • 1192 Posts
Yeah that's what keeps me from buying this. I can't get anyone to strategize on Gears or Rainbow 6 or CoD but you can live without it on those games, Left 4 Dead seems very reliant on the teamwork aspect.
allan3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 allan3456
Member since 2005 • 46 Posts

I know what you mean; I always get stuck with the guy who insists on taking point, then forever stands in doorways and doesn't crouch... ever. Or the compulsive door closers, i know its a good habit to get into, but not when there are still people behind the door. And there are always the people who seem to think they can solo the finally, as soon as people have agreed on a strategy you can be sure he will be exactly where he shouldn't be.

Come to think about it there are ALOT of people who bother me in left 4 dead.

Avatar image for KamikazeKoala69
KamikazeKoala69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KamikazeKoala69
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I hate it when humans sprint through the level succesfully and you feel as a zombie you cannot stop them
g5velocity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 g5velocity
I hate it when the Japanese come online and don't say a word because their engrish is bad but when a Tank starts to whoop their ass all they say is "Godzeera! Godzeera! Godzeera!"
Expo_Smacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#33 Expo_Smacko
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts
It is certainly sad to get on L4D and get people that have no idea what they are doing. I know when the game first came out I had good groups for the first couple weeks. Then when more people got the game that just went down hill. So, I really only played the game with friends when the game became more popular.
s2i2p2i2o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 s2i2p2i2o
Member since 2003 • 602 Posts
ppl dont know what teamwork is! several times at gow2 I have been downed, crawling around, and my lovely friends have just ran right past me to pick up there favorit weapon or try to kill an enemy that's near by.. WHYYY??! why not just stop for 1 sec, press x, and THEN get on with what ever you were doing?! I know that it's not the right game, but it's some what on topic...
Pump_man44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#35 Pump_man44
Member since 2007 • 991 Posts
i would say add me but im the person lagging behind as im australia and everytime i go online on l4d i join an american host...
Avatar image for CrazyGamer02149
CrazyGamer02149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 CrazyGamer02149
Member since 2008 • 216 Posts
i got the same problem whenever i play...if u want to add me my gamertag is joka14
g5velocity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 g5velocity
i would say add me but im the person lagging behind as im australia and everytime i go online on l4d i join an american host...Pump_man44
All the servers are on US soil. Not one single person is a host of the game, it's all dedicated.