Whomp - Blu-Ray is hurting now...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

joejoe160

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 joejoe160
Member since 2004 • 745 Posts
Paramount and Dreamworks switch to HD-DVD. http://xbox360.qj.net/Paramount-Dreamworks-go-over-the-fence-to-HD-DVD/pg/49/aid/100361 That has to hurt Blu-Ray atleast a little tiny bit.
chandlerr_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: -2

#2 chandlerr_360
Member since 2006 • 5078 Posts
Lol, not to mention that Wal-Mart is only selling HD-DVD's...I just can't understand how Blu-Ray is STILL actually ahead of HD-DVD. After this they sure won't be though.
KurupSoldr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 KurupSoldr
Member since 2006 • 4094 Posts
doesnt really matter IMO, it will hurt the company more probably
nosferatu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 nosferatu
Member since 2002 • 4292 Posts

doesnt really matter IMO, it will hurt the company more probably KurupSoldr

Hurt who, Paramount? They just got paid $150million (almost as much as Paramount has made this year if you exclude Dreamworks) to lose a portion of a 1% market share of movies. So, let's see.... to lose money that means they have to be sacrificing 150m/$30 = 5 million discs. Thus, to lose money their exclusivity has to cost them more than 5 million BluRay sales. So far, TOTAL BluRay sales for ALL studiosfor the 1st 6 months of 2007 is 1.6million. Extrapolate and add some to come to the conclusion that there may be 4 million BluRay discs sold this year..... TOTAL. Paramount wouldn't even account for 1/4 of that. Seems like they got a steal to me!

BluRay will start hurting when that $200 player hits Walmart right before Black Friday (Walmart has always said they aren't interested in these players til they go below $200). Those players will be the door busters at every store carrying them this Black Friday... probably paired up as a dirt cheap combo with an HDTV, just wait and see.

pyrobrand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 pyrobrand
Member since 2005 • 516 Posts
**** That's **** amazing. I thought the fight was over. xD This is like a Halo 3 ad; FINISH THE FIGHT. Apparently HD-DVD has a dying hope in hell to make it out of the pathetic little trench it was stuck in. I can't wait for all of those titles to be HD-DVD exclusive.