Who plans on buying an Xbox One?

• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

Based on what i've seen, I'm not particularly interested. Some features announced looked cool, however I think I'll stick to PC unless there are some really awesome exclusives announced for either the PS4 or Xbox One.

Mr720fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Mr720fan
Member since 2013 • 2795 Posts

day 1, probably will get 2, and a ps4

V3rciS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 V3rciS
Member since 2011 • 2241 Posts

No... RIP BOX

Housewives and Grandmas might be interested tho...

HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

day 1, probably will get 2, and a ps4

Mr720fan

Why would you want 2?

valium88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 valium88
Member since 2006 • 4455 Posts

Based on what i've seen, I'm not particularly interested. Some features announced looked cool, however I think I'll stick to PC unless there are some really awesome exclusives announced for either the PS4 or Xbox One.

HyperWarlock
I agree, there is nothing new about this for PC owners but a less powerful piece of hardware you can talk to. Windows speech recognition has been around since Vista so that is really nothing new either.
badlalo59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 badlalo59
Member since 2007 • 901 Posts

Clearly, I need to see GAMES. That is all.

Evdne971

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Evdne971
Member since 2012 • 341 Posts
People need to stop whining like big pussies. This was just a preview of the Xbox itself, honestly nothing special about the dashboard. It wasn't revolving around games... That's what E3 is for...GAMES. They only had an hour. So people gotta be patient
ocphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ocphon
Member since 2006 • 184 Posts
I was expecting a gaming console. I got a big black media box with voice recognition UI for fantasy football, TV, Skype and movies. Not sure if MS is trolling or what. I'm still confused at what I watched.
XboxGuy1537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#9 XboxGuy1537
Member since 2010 • 2360 Posts

Yeah, Day one for me. Not sure what all the complaining is about. Wait for E3 when we see all the new games unfold.

XboxGuy1537

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#10 XboxGuy1537
Member since 2010 • 2360 Posts

People need to stop whining like big pussies. This was just a preview of the Xbox itself, honestly nothing special about the dashboard. It wasn't revolving around games... That's what E3 is for...GAMES. They only had an hour. So people gotta be patientEvdne971

I know it is so annoying how everybody whines like little bitches. 

ocphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ocphon
Member since 2006 • 184 Posts

[QUOTE="Evdne971"]People need to stop whining like big pussies. This was just a preview of the Xbox itself, honestly nothing special about the dashboard. It wasn't revolving around games... That's what E3 is for...GAMES. They only had an hour. So people gotta be patientXboxGuy1537

I know it is so annoying how everybody whines like little bitches. 

And so you whine about people whining. Makes you a little bitch too.
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#12 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Clearly, I need to see GAMES. That is all.

badlalo59

Yeah...they talk about everything else it could do...games seems to be taking a backseat!! But let's give them some time, we should see more at E3!!!

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
Not sure, still gotta choose between a ps4 or a xbox one
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MarcRecon

Not sure what all the complaining is about. Wait for E3 when we see all the new games unfold.

XboxGuy1537

The complaining is justified it's obvious that MS top priority is the casual and the true gamer is reduced to 2nd class status!!! But I do agree with you about waiting on E3 to see the games...even though that should have been top priority, the casuals should have to wait to see all of the additional multimedia functions.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#15 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

Was not impressed today and I'll need to know more about it.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MarcRecon

Not sure, still gotta choose between a ps4 or a xbox oneAutoPilotOn

Yeah, I'm right there with you I'm not paying full price for both consoles like I did this-gen. I'm willing to buy 1 at launch(not day 1)and the other I'll wait until there's a price cut.

JoeDawg2100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 JoeDawg2100
Member since 2010 • 64 Posts

After watching the reveal today, if I bought the Xbox One, I'd be buying an oversized DVR box to purchase overpriced television and movies.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MarcRecon

Was not impressed today and I'll need to know more about it.

Blueresident87

Well, from a business perspective what they did was great....they focused on their target group(not us...the casuals)but from a gamers point of view, I agree....was not impressed at all!!!

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 AutoPilotOn

[QUOTE="AutoPilotOn"]Not sure, still gotta choose between a ps4 or a xbox oneMarcRecon

Yeah, I'm right there with you I'm not paying full price for both consoles like I did this-gen. I'm willing to buy 1 at launch(not day 1)and the other I'll wait until there's a price cut.

Thats the same thing I am doing. I already have my WiiU for nintendo games. I just need to pick between PS4 or Xbox One for the rest. I was not really impressed by eigther presentation yet. Both seems to just show off features I dont care about (aka share button and TV functions built in)
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MarcRecon

[QUOTE="MarcRecon"]

[QUOTE="AutoPilotOn"]Not sure, still gotta choose between a ps4 or a xbox oneAutoPilotOn

Thats the same thing I am doing. I already have my WiiU for nintendo games. I just need to pick between PS4 or Xbox One for the rest. I was not really impressed by eigther presentation yet. Both seems to just show off features I dont care about (aka share button and TV functions built in)

It seems that next-gen is all about the casuals, it's a said day is gaming history for the true gamer....it's the begining of the end!!:|

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#21 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts
I think it looks absolutely fantastic. Can't wait to buy one. I've been wanting the new generation for a few years now. Look at how powerful the Xbox One is. Games on that console are going to be amazing. Look at how badly Far Cry 3 ran on 360. Look at the difference in graphical quality between games like Witcher 2, Crysis 3 and Metro on PC and 360. It would be a different story if you were playing those games on an Xbox One. People need to stop being so pessimistic and realise that the launch of these new consoles is a good thing.
TEX1251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TEX1251
Member since 2013 • 27 Posts
I'm juste going to wait and see what happens when both launch. I'll even pre order both and pull one when its time to buy.
bronze_earth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 bronze_earth
Member since 2011 • 112 Posts

It looks like one of those old betamax video players I used to trap my skin in during the late 70`s :?

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
No. Microsoft had already permanently lost my business before this debacle, and now there's no chance of that changing. I still love my Xbox and my Xbox 360 but I am not willing to put up with DRM, blocking used games, or any other such anti consumer nonsense. I have too many games and too many systems to bother, and I do not want to give money to a company that thinks it's okay to do what Microsoft is doing. Not that Sony is any better. I went out of my way to buy my Vita used, so as to avoid giving them any money.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AutoPilotOn
Hey if you goto http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/...isplayHomePage and signup you get 10 dollar code for the store.
barny0111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#26 barny0111
Member since 2007 • 255 Posts

It all depends on the software. I'm more than happy with the games I have now. Its' gonna have to knock my socks off to win my money. We'll see.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

Give it 18 days before you make up your mind. E3 should clear up all the questions.

kerrman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#28 kerrman
Member since 2003 • 2904 Posts

Yep, as of now I will be. But depending on games announced at E3 I don't know if I will get the One or the PS4 first.

I found all of that very interesting. Some features are useless to me, but others will love, like Skype. My friend is excited for that since he Skypes for work a lot and can play NHL and NBA at the same time haha.

I personally like the motion and voice commands, but I want more game announcements! I get why they showed what they showed, but it left me wanting more.

youngmurk911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#29 youngmurk911
Member since 2004 • 3895 Posts

No... RIP BOX

Housewives and Grandmas might be interested tho...

V3rciS
I was thinkin tha same
Avatar image for deactivated-63b6a5d56aa0a
deactivated-63b6a5d56aa0a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-63b6a5d56aa0a
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Windows 8 Kernel? Umm Hell yeah! That will be hacked very quickly imo. Homebrew is probably going to explode with the Xbox One cause now it will be worth it. I've always hated owning or having more than one console setup in my Home Theatre so having just an Xbox to play Blu-Rays and play games and even (hopefully) BitCoin mine will be awesome.
SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts

Windows speech recognition has been around since Vista so that is really nothing new either.valium88

That came a lot longer ago than Vista. Try Windows 95.

SquidBiskets78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 SquidBiskets78
Member since 2011 • 197 Posts

Hard to say, since all they showed is that we can watch football with it.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#36 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

It's the invasion of the Sony fanboys today, do you really think this poll is going to mean anything? 

valium88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 valium88
Member since 2006 • 4455 Posts
[QUOTE="valium88"]

Windows speech recognition has been around since Vista so that is really nothing new either.SKaREO

That came a lot longer ago than Vista. Try Windows 95.

lol yeah because back in 95 it probably worked smoothly right?
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MarcRecon

microsoft isnt dumb, theyve been in this business for 10,000 years. they already know everyones gonna stop crying about this in a couple of days, and end up buying an xbox one no matter what they sayJustSignedUp

You are absolutely correct....Corporate brainwashing always wins over the weak minded.;)

caketoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#39 caketoo
Member since 2005 • 1783 Posts
So many people talking about day 1 buys. On day 1 im going to still more than likely be playing GTAV. Im gonna stick with the old gen for as long as its still supported. Ill start to really consider a ps4 or xbox1 on day 366.
andmcq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 andmcq
Member since 2012 • 259 Posts

There's no point in buying one for me TBH. I already have a HTPC.

buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 buccomatic
Member since 2005 • 1941 Posts

HyperWarlock

hell no.

forced kinect 2.0 is an absolute dealbreaker for me. creepy, oppressive and evil. i'll pass.

buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 buccomatic

It's the invasion of the Sony fanboys today, do you really think this poll is going to mean anything? 

Alucard_Prime

dude that's total BS.

i have an xbox360 and don't own a ps3. i had a psone waaay back in the day, skipped ps2 for dreamcast and xbox, skipped ps3 for xbox 360. so i am not a sony fanboy and i without a doubt will NOT buy a xbox one just because of that STUPID kinect 2.0 being forced on me. i don't want or need that baloney. kinect 2.0 is not something that gamers are demanding. there's no reason for them to supply it except to SPY on people. to hell with them!

there's no hardcore gaming experience to be had with all those GIMMICK. apps, tv, smartglass, ie explorer, skype, kinect 2.0 waving your arms around like an idiot talking to the damned tv! hell no! wtf would i want any of that for?? i already have that stuff on other gadgets, pc and or appliances etc...

the one thing i wanted to see was hardcore gaming at the next level which was full KB/M support for FPS, RTS,MMO and strategy games, backwards compatible with my $2,000 gigantic library of xbox360 games, and being able to buy and sell used games becauase thse game are TOO DAMNED EXPENSIVE!

and what did i get from microsoft at the reveal? none of the things! the main thing i absolutely wanted was high end close to harcore PC specs (didn't get that) and GAMES GAMES GAMES GAMES! and all i got was GIMMICKS GIMMICKS GIMMICKS GIMMICKS! F@CK MICROSOFT! and that lousy piece of $500 antiquated garbage. they flat out stabbed me in the back so F@CK THEM!

was expecting at least gtx680 or better gpu, and 8 gigs of gddr5 (like ps4 had) got gddr3 yay... 500 gb HDD will fill up in two mionth tops then what? buy another ecternal HDD? lol ridiculous!

this is easily wost pre-launch ever for any console. i know it is, i've been doing this for 35 years!

_Perfectionist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44 _Perfectionist
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
Xbox's position is NOT looking good unless, somehow, Sony messes up. :/ I'm just gonna say it. Other than Americans, no one should buy Xbox One. Literally. The features are probably not gonna work even though you'll pay for them. Plus, Playstation is very 'international' and provides services to international users.
buccomatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 buccomatic
[QUOTE="_Perfectionist"]Xbox's position is NOT looking good unless, somehow, Sony messes up. :/ I'm just gonna say it. Other than Americans, no one should buy Xbox One. Literally. The features are probably not gonna work even though you'll pay for them. Plus, Playstation is very 'international' and provides services to international users.

and that's another thing. you just brought up a great point. microsoft DOMINATES the console market in america and north america. they almost have no install base in japan and a nice install base in korea. but when america reject the xbox one (and they will - they already have as a matter of fact. see everything all over the internet for further details on this train wreck) they're going to have NO ONE to sell this console to. so yeah. you're spot on, perfectionist. excellent post. i agree 100%
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MarcRecon

So many people talking about day 1 buys. On day 1 im going to still more than likely be playing GTAV. Im gonna stick with the old gen for as long as its still supported. Ill start to really consider a ps4 or xbox1 on day 366. caketoo

Agreed, I just got my 360 back over the holidays. I got 2yrs worth of games to catch up on!!!

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MarcRecon

[QUOTE="buccomatic"][QUOTE="_Perfectionist"]Xbox's position is NOT looking good unless, somehow, Sony messes up. :/ I'm just gonna say it. Other than Americans, no one should buy Xbox One. Literally. The features are probably not gonna work even though you'll pay for them. Plus, Playstation is very 'international' and provides services to international users. JustSignedUp
and that's another thing. you just brought up a great point. microsoft DOMINATES the console market in america and north america. they almost have no install base in japan and a nice install base in korea. but when america reject the xbox one (and they will - they already have as a matter of fact. see everything all over the internet for further details on this train wreck) they're going to have NO ONE to sell this console to. so yeah. you're spot on, perfectionist. excellent post. i agree 100%

give me a break, you two scrooges actually believe people arent going to go crazy for this after all the advertisements, trailers and events come out? they week before it comes out every kid and their dog is going to want one of these

Smoke and mirrors son!!

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MarcRecon

Alucard_Prime

Don't put this off on the fanboys because the presentation was not aimed at the core supporters...and we felt it and we are speaking out!!! I do have the OTHER console but I'm not exactly thrilled with what they are doing either. I'm just gonna wait until E3 before I make my final decision.:)

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#50 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
yes but this year i buy ps4 and next xbox one i need see more games