Who here was disappointed in fallout new vegas?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fargoleavy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 fargoleavy
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
i just thought they could change it a little more than fallout 3
Xbox360Gamer15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 Xbox360Gamer15
Member since 2009 • 3937 Posts
I'm wasn't that disappointed, but it could have been easier...some things in the game were hard for no reason....but its a very fun game.
gr8scott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 gr8scott
Member since 2003 • 1008 Posts
I didn't like New Vegas at first because of all the glitches and stuff it was littered with. Once patched, it was a really good game. Fallout 3 was definitely better overall, but there were some elements from New Vegas that are better such as the minigames and the Strip. Fallout New Vegas = Fallout 3.5 for me. It wasn't a true sequel. New Vegas never had "that moment" like Fallout 3 had. There were many great moments in Fallout 3 like blowing up megaton, tranquil lane, escaping the vault, meeting up with your dad, finding out who president eden really is, rescuing the wasteland from the enclave, and so forth. I never had great moments happen to me in New Vegas. Not much really stood out for me in New Vegas when compared to Fallout 3's moments. I wasn't disappointed in new vegas; I enjoyed it. However, it was not as good as Fallout 3.
AJC3317

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#4 AJC3317
Member since 2003 • 2546 Posts
it's a good game, but it's disappointing if it's compared to fallout 3. fallout 3 is better in every way
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
its great game more deep of fallout3 i enjoying
kit352

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#6 kit352
Member since 2008 • 592 Posts
im disappointed not in the game but in the delivery. why on earth is it ok to release games that are so glitchy it literally makes it impossible to play at times. they should have pushed the release to care of the problems and instead they dumped it out and it destroyed by people for having to many issues. it took awhile to come up with the fixes and it still has some left. guess that explains the huge price drops a month or 2 after it came out. you can get the big collectors edition for 20 bucks new now. These game companies are crazy now. this isnt pc its consoles guys.
EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#7 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

Fallout New Vegas was closer to the Fallout series as a genre. I think it was the better role-playing game (compared to Fallout 3) but wish many things could have been enhanced a little more - like bigger locations and such.

I was definitely not disappointed by it. I adore it with all of its issues.

BlackDevil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BlackDevil99
Member since 2003 • 2329 Posts

i liked it, just lacks watever made me replay fallout 3 7 or 8 times.
completed new vegas twice, one day i'll go back and replay in hardcore (what was it actually called?) mode

The3LeggedMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The3LeggedMan
Member since 2009 • 28 Posts

Yep sadly dissapointing game compared to fallout 3. The End.

allboutkiln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 allboutkiln
Member since 2010 • 508 Posts

My main disappointment was not being able to complete the game because of that corrupt/save glitch right after the Hoover Dam mission, i think i was close to the end, played about 68 hours.

javafriek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 javafriek
Member since 2008 • 752 Posts
[QUOTE="gr8scott"]I didn't like New Vegas at first because of all the glitches and stuff it was littered with. Once patched, it was a really good game. Fallout 3 was definitely better overall, but there were some elements from New Vegas that are better such as the minigames and the Strip. Fallout New Vegas = Fallout 3.5 for me. It wasn't a true sequel. New Vegas never had "that moment" like Fallout 3 had. There were many great moments in Fallout 3 like blowing up megaton, tranquil lane, escaping the vault, meeting up with your dad, finding out who president eden really is, rescuing the wasteland from the enclave, and so forth. I never had great moments happen to me in New Vegas. Not much really stood out for me in New Vegas when compared to Fallout 3's moments. I wasn't disappointed in new vegas; I enjoyed it. However, it was not as good as Fallout 3.

This sums it up.
shawn7324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#12 shawn7324
Member since 2006 • 8690 Posts

I think it was well made, lasted a long time & was a blast to play.

BlackDevil99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BlackDevil99
Member since 2003 • 2329 Posts
[QUOTE="allboutkiln"]

My main disappointment was not being able to complete the game because of that corrupt/save glitch right after the Hoover Dam mission, i think i was close to the end, played about 68 hours.

that sucks big time
RedReckoning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 RedReckoning
Member since 2009 • 638 Posts

I really enjoy this game. It's really difficult to follow up fallout 3, but I found new vegas to be very fun except for the creatures being stuck in mountains and such :P

Avatar image for Dracolich_Titan
Dracolich_Titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Dracolich_Titan
Member since 2011 • 57 Posts
I thought they could have added a little more to it. I enjoyed it though.
tsquared44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 tsquared44
Member since 2010 • 97 Posts

booooom. Me. I was very dissapointed. I didnt like the first one either though so its coming from somone who loves bethesda to death (morrowind, oblivion) but doesnt like fallout too much even though i did beat the games. Dissapointed is an understatement

wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts
i just thought they could change it a little more than fallout 3fargoleavy
they had some interesting changes to the game, but most sequels/expansions are more of the same thing, gamers should know this by now, imo it was a good to great game, but not as good as FO3.
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

Not at all. They took all the BS Bethesda put into Fallout 3 and refined everything. Also, it's actually a Fallout game this time, not just an unreleated game with the Fallout name and a couple of factions.

takspeed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#19 takspeed
Member since 2010 • 257 Posts

When I first bought NV after school/work I poured hours into that game and was really immersed until somehow... I lost interest.
I am going to try to play it again ... someday

The most annoying glitch I encountered was when I picked up a rebar club at the REPCONN Test Site & was trying it out until my character started swinging the weapon randomly on it's own...even when I changed weapons it started doing that somehow with them too. I pretty much just dumped rebar club after that and the problem was solved but oi all those restarts....

mrsniper83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 114

#20 mrsniper83
Member since 2009 • 1552 Posts
I agree it was pretty much the same game, new story.Although i have to say that i liked it WAY more than fallout 3.